CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Mar 1, 2018 at 7:31 PM Post #7,516 of 31,834
Well, they aren't

Today the cable started cutting off the sound. Then i took it off and tangled the Pins of the shell a little bit. When I went to get off the cable again, this happened.

Looks like the honeymoon it's over. I have no Idea what i'm going to do. With this type of fault, it's Very hard to recommend any product. Even If these sound Very good.

-1 point for MDK-ESS

EDIT: "solved the problem", It was'nt hard to put the cable working again. But they are capable of cuting of.

You need to put that Golden thing in the red piece. After the Golden thing being inside and in the right direction, you put the red piece in the cable.

I forgot to take a picture of the Golden "connector" inside of the red piece, A smaller, thicker piece will stay outside, and Will fit in a hole inside of the black piece in the cable. It ain't hard you should be able do It without any tip.

I took them off one or two times to put pieces in the right directions and sides.

Glad that you can work it out again. It's a shame that you have to put up with such a shoddy-made product.

Mar 1, 2018 at 8:45 PM Post #7,517 of 31,834
Glad that you can work it out again. It's a shame that you have to put up with such a shoddy-made product.

Yeah, there's very few people that I know of who have had zero issues with the ASY/ASK hybrids. Most of us have had one problem or another either right OOB or within a very short time of use.

Luckily most of the issues have been able to be ironed out, with glue, putting stuff back together like @paulindss had to do, etc.

It's really sad though; they sound great. They just need to seriously work on the craw-rity control. And people complain about KZs craw-rity control LOL!

Mar 1, 2018 at 9:14 PM Post #7,518 of 31,834
Yeah, there's very few people that I know of who have had zero issues with the ASY/ASK hybrids. Most of us have had one problem or another either right OOB or within a very short time of use.

Luckily most of the issues have been able to be ironed out, with glue, putting stuff back together like @paulindss had to do, etc.

It's really sad though; they sound great. They just need to seriously work on the craw-rity control. And people complain about KZs craw-rity control LOL!

KZ to me is quite tough. I have a friend who kills iems on a regular basis (because of his careless and rough handling), his ATE and ZS3 from a couple of years ago is still alive to this day

Mar 1, 2018 at 11:03 PM Post #7,519 of 31,834
Dear lurkusmaximus, thank you, very valuable opinion ! Is there any other alternative which you found during your search ?

Anybody else have an opinion on these equalizers ?

Thanks and regards !
I'm a fan of Schiit, so once I saw they were introducing Loki, I really did not look any further. Many years ago I did have a 20 band equalizer with the slider tone controls. As always, they got dirty and noisy over time, which made them crackle and scratchy as you adjusted them. Schiit uses sealed pots so I am not expecting the noise to be a problem as time goes by. If it does become a problem, I will be sorely disappointed.

Mar 2, 2018 at 7:00 AM Post #7,521 of 31,834
I'm a fan of Schiit, so once I saw they were introducing Loki, I really did not look any further. Many years ago I did have a 20 band equalizer with the slider tone controls. As always, they got dirty and noisy over time, which made them crackle and scratchy as you adjusted them. Schiit uses sealed pots so I am not expecting the noise to be a problem as time goes by. If it does become a problem, I will be sorely disappointed.

Dear lurkusmaximus Thank You !

Mar 2, 2018 at 7:16 AM Post #7,522 of 31,834
Have been lurking around here for a couple of weeks and stopped myself from alot of impulse buys, partially due to the change of the cables to my **** 4in1 (yes, again! xD) to silver cables btw.

And last week, as i left my Xduoo X3 on without realising, it went flat when i was listening to it at my GF's place. Then i turned to my Zishan DSD which imo was a super warm source with alot of juice and i was like "i'm not gonna enjoy my 4in1 on this" but boy i was proven wrong, like it totally slap my face. The added juice from the player brought out additional details that the X3 could not offer. Imaging wise its unreal. The cymbals, bass, vocals on the Isaac Hayes - Theme from shaft was just wow. Barry White sound so sweet on this setup and especially The Cardigans! Actually almost everything sound better tbh. The X3 is good but the DSD pairs with the 4in1 perfectly.

Anw does anyone having the Tinaudio T2 also owns the 4in1? If so, which one is clearer in the treble region, less bassy and offer better isolation? Am still super interested in the T2.

Mar 2, 2018 at 10:04 AM Post #7,524 of 31,834
The most balanced with prominence for vocals and bass. I like POP music, like singers Demi Lovato, Rita Ora and Dua Lipa.
z5000 have great bass and vocals, but have a very warm overall sound signature

Mar 2, 2018 at 4:16 PM Post #7,528 of 31,834
when did it end they are very slow do I need to wait till monday for it too ship ?

The first iem that I ordered from China took 5 weeks to arrive. Try to stop thinking about it and then be excited and happy when you do get it :)

Mar 2, 2018 at 4:46 PM Post #7,529 of 31,834
Graphene drivers on the cheap: Blitzwolf BW-ES1 for just £11 on the official store: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Bli...ne-Earphones-With-Microphone/32795102140.html

Received a pair Tuesday and I have to say that, as is, they are great for bassheads but with bass reduced by around 6dB they are great for non-bassheads too.

Some people who mod them (in another forum) have said they sound better than xelentos after modding which is most certainly to be taken with a grain of salt...

At £11 I think they are a no-brainer. Sale lasts for another two days, not sure if it'll be renewed.

I received these a few days ago, and wanted to back this statement up.

Even though I don’t have xelentos, I can say that when modded the Blitzwolf BW-ES1 is an amazing value for the meager asking price.

The packaging is nice, the IEM is comfy to wear, and the cable is really nice (TPE cable, nice chin-slider, slim case compatible [straight] 3.5mm plug, and full iOS volume controls).

Out of the box, the sound has an average warm v-shape, but it’s a little veiled with distant treble and muddy bass. Reminds me of the stock KZ ZS3.

However, remove the large foam plug directly underneath the BlitzWolf’s nozzle screens and things really open up! No more veil, just fast and punchy bass, big improvements in clarity, and treble that’s sparkly and smooth.

These are perfect for those who want big bass and sparkly treble, but not something as bright as the EMI CI-880 or as overwhelming as the KZ ZS6. It’s what I wish the KZ ZS3 could have been.

Here’s yet another example that graphene punches way above its price level.

If you’re in the market for a v-shaped IEM with Apple control cable, that you can just stick in your ears and go (without fiddling with memory wires or wearing behind the ear), take a look at the BlitzWolf.

Update: You can easily mod these further to attenuate the bass and give a flatter reference/neutral sound. All that’s required is a few tweaks to the 2 vents on the body and narrowing the nozzle with a very small strip of silicone or sorbothane.

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2018 at 6:15 PM Post #7,530 of 31,834
when did it end they are very slow do I need to wait till monday for it too ship ?

If you cannot wait interminably for your order do not order from China

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back