CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Mar 2, 2018 at 6:42 PM Post #7,533 of 31,863
how is the subbas and bass of Blitzwolf BW-ES1 compared to rock zircon ? does it have sub bass? and does it get very loud on low sources like smartphone

Plenty of sub bass. Better mid bass and treble than the Zircon. Not to mention the higher quality Apple cable and carry case.

Mar 2, 2018 at 6:46 PM Post #7,534 of 31,863
the thing is all my orders are shipped from aliexpress .. its only the yersen I am waiting for the ship it but seller is really slow a alot of people did order it guess I need to wait a bit more

Not to burst your bubble, but, just because it says shipped doesn't mean that it has.

Mar 3, 2018 at 4:12 AM Post #7,538 of 31,863
Here’s yet another example that graphene punches way above its price level.

I`m wondering if anyone has seen the driver itself (membrane) to confirm that all those cheapo IEM that claim to have graphene driver actually are graphene or is it just marketing trick?!?
I mean - it isn`t first time internet sellers profit for just adding popular tech info into description and proper graphene membranes are nothing easy to produce (as much as I know).
ANd as we see, even if something has graphene driver - does not mean that driver is tuned correctly(good) along with the shells.

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2018 at 5:00 AM Post #7,539 of 31,863
@CoiL well....ohh Lol.

Graphene don't punch at all. Well advantages of grapheme diaphragms is its strength and rigidity, so it can be more thinner compared to other diaphragms. Thinner diaphragms are easier to move compared to other and is sonically better. Well there are other exotic material but Graphene stands the test of competition as it doesn't have metal ringing like beryllium... It sounds like paper cone in speakers terminology with better transient control.

Well most advertiser shows that they use beryllium but never tells the thickness, so can't be trusted. iBasso told the thickness, so in can trust them...well they should invest more and tell the Tesla to weight ratio too...

Mar 3, 2018 at 5:07 AM Post #7,540 of 31,863
I`m wondering if anyone has seen the driver itself (membrane) to confirm that all those cheapo IEM that claim to have graphene driver actually are graphene or is it just marketing trick?!?
I mean - it isn`t first time internet sellers profit for just adding popular tech info into description and proper graphene membranes are nothing easy to produce (as much as I know).
ANd as we see, even if something has graphene driver - does not mean that driver is tuned correctly(good) along with the shells.

In the link i shared above, one guy actually disassembled the iem and posted the pictures, but I´m not sure if you can tell graphene just by looking at it.

Mar 3, 2018 at 8:04 AM Post #7,541 of 31,863
@CoiL
Graphene don't punch at all. Well advantages of grapheme diaphragms is its strength and rigidity, so it can be more thinner compared to other diaphragms. Thinner diaphragms are easier to move compared to other and is sonically better. Well there are other exotic material but Graphene stands the test of competition as it doesn't have metal ringing like beryllium... It sounds like paper cone in speakers terminology with better transient control.
I know very well about graphene properties in membrane application. I don`t need lecture about it :wink:
Just that I`m seeing many chi-fi names coming out with graphene in their selling name - but are they actually using graphene? Who knows?! No proof, just words!

Mar 3, 2018 at 8:58 AM Post #7,543 of 31,863
Plenty of sub bass. Better mid bass and treble than the Zircon. Not to mention the higher quality Apple cable and carry case.

Been listening to the ci880 last few days and love the clarity and mids but unfortunately I have a faulty pair with some annoying screeching tone in some songs, only on the right side. I think it's not sibilance which I associate with too sharp S's and ts, though I definitely notice some sibilance too. For example: in the first minute of 2chainz - Black Unicorn the female voice is full of sibilance on med volume.

Although I love them they are just slightly too agressive in some songs for me I guess, and would like ever so slightly more bass (listen to hip-hop mostly). Also, using them for a whole day while studying they got a bit uncomfortable. I really hope the seller will respond and send me a replacement pair because I looove the sound quality and clarity on these. I'd even consider ordering them again. This sound signature I can definitely get used too and some sibilance I could take for granted.

About the BW-ES1, I just canceled the order on my zircons and thinking about ordering these instead. Good choice? I know it's kinda apples to pears but how would they compare to the Ci880's clarity and presentation of vocals? Using my kz ATR after using the ci880 for a few days the vocals sound kinda dull (great iem tho)

Mar 3, 2018 at 10:13 AM Post #7,545 of 31,863

BlitzWolf is a serious company AFAIK, it's not just another reseller on Ali, I don't see why they'd lie about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back