CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Mar 1, 2018 at 9:02 AM Post #7,502 of 31,834
Thank you for the input. I will add it to my wishlist.
Currently i already have Shozy Hibiki but it sounds brighter than my VSD3S . Is there any other IEM with similar model like Hibiki / CIEM with same price (50-70) and has warm bassy signature?

Unfortunately no detachable cable but like the Shozy Hibiki another earphone with a biological driver is the Auglamour F100. I have had the F100 for about 3 weeks and I am really enjoying. It has a 10 mm biological composite fibre diaghragm and has a very enjoyable warm bassy signature. The mids are not recessed and vocals are presented very well. Treble is clear and detailed but not overly bright. It has an all metal shell that I find very comfortable and the earphone can be worn either straight down or over ear. It does not have a removable cable. These are currently on sale at Banggood for $12.99 and in my opinion are excellent value for the price. I have not heard the Hibiki but from the reviews I have read it would seem that the mids on the F100 are similar but that the F100 has more and deeper bass and the treble is not as bright. I wouldn't class the sound stage on the F100 as large but instruments are well spaced and there is no congestion in the mid range. The F100 is non fatiguing and is very musical. Unfortunately I don't think there are any reviews of the F100 to help you understand how they perform.

Mar 1, 2018 at 11:25 AM Post #7,503 of 31,834
Better for who? (Me? You? A bat?)

Better for what? (Treble? Soundstage? Bass response? Attack speed? Vocals?)

Better how (Fit? Build quality? Cables? Accessories?)

I'm going with Bat, Attack, and Fit for the win!

What do I get?

Mar 1, 2018 at 12:28 PM Post #7,505 of 31,834
I'm going with Bat, Attack, and Fit for the win!

What do I get?
batman headphone.jpeg

Mar 1, 2018 at 1:12 PM Post #7,508 of 31,834
Mar 1, 2018 at 1:21 PM Post #7,509 of 31,834
Mar 1, 2018 at 3:25 PM Post #7,510 of 31,834
Hi guys,
I obsessively check head-fi once every few months when i decide I want to buy new iems. I love the high value stuff described in this thread. My first decent iems were the xiaomi hybrids, liked them alot because they are really comfy and i loved the sound quality too. Then I got the KZ ATR for 1/4 of the price of the hybrids and I remember being like WOW when i first used them. The SQ/price ratio was insane for me. SQ wise better than the hybrids. Then i got ZST. I liked them alot. More comfy than ATR, great detail, but bit shrill. The foam mod helped a lot tho. A week ago or so i ordered three pairs of IEMs because I was curious and wanted to expand my collection with some flush (not over ear style) iems: the rock zircons, E-MI CI880 and the Einsear T2. Fast forward to this morning when i received the EMI-CI880 (got them for around €14 on aliexpress). Yet to receive the T2 and Zircons.

First impression: I love them. The detail retrieval / mids are great although the(sub)bass could be ever so slightly more pronounced for my taste. Im very noob in audio description so I'll spare you the details. However, after using them for a few hours I'm not sure I'm still that happy. I think my drivers are mismatched. When I listened to the song Ed Sheeran - Bibia Be Ye Ye on moderate-high volume I hear a very high somewhat hurting sound on the right side. Its like the sound I sometimes hear around buildings to prevent young people from hanging there. I also started to notice in other songs: in Ed Sheeran's Perfect, in the chorus of lauryl hill's Doo Wop, very annoying sound.

When i do the driver matching test (http://www.audiocheck.net/soundtests_headphones.php) i hear a very shrill pitch from midhigh to just before the highest frequency (cant be sure of the Hz), only in the right side (tried switching left and right, its the earphones). I contacted the ali seller and hopefully they will send me a replacement. Other than that I was so happy with these earphones so this saddens me. Any other solutions if the seller wont come through, can i fix this myself??

I listen to hiphop / pop mostly. I figured after the ZST i might be slightly sensitive to agressive treble. Overall i hardly noticed any sibilance at all with the E-MI CI880, only on really high volumes with certain artists (biggie with his lisp, chance the rapper on some songs), i dont listen at that volume anyway. I would love these E-MIs to death if not for the missmatched drivers, hope the ali seller comes through. Ill see how much the missmatched drivers actually bother me but for now the fact that there's something wrong with the drivers is really annoying to me and disappoints me.

Im still very curious about the Einsear T2 and Zircon signature and how it fits my taste and what I (dis)like about them. I'm mostly interested in earphones in the €10-30 bracket, I love the value you get in that bracket, and i dont have amp/flac files anyway. However, I might order the TinAudio T2 in the near future because everyone has so much praise for them. Any other recommendations?

edit: made the post a bit clearer / more complete

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2018 at 4:00 PM Post #7,511 of 31,834
Hi guys,
I obsessively check head-fi once every few months when i decide I want to buy new iems. I love the high value stuff described in this thread. My first decent iems were the xiaomi hybrids, liked them alot because they are really comfy and i loved the sound quality too. Then I got the KZ ATR for 1/4 of the price of the hybrids and I remember being like WOW when i first used them. The SQ/price ratio was insane for me. SQ wise better than the hybrids. Then i got ZST. I liked them alot. More comfy than ATR, great detail, but bit shrill. The foam mod helped a lot tho. A week ago or so i ordered three pairs of IEMs because I was curious and wanted to expand my collection with some flush (not over ear style) iems: the rock zircons, E-MI CI880 and the Einsear T2. Fast forward to this morning when i received the EMI-CI880 (got them for around €14 on aliexpress). Yet to receive the T2 and Zircons.

First impression: I love them. The detail retrieval / mids are great although the(sub)bass could be slightly more pronounced for my taste. Im very noob in audio description so I'll spare you the details. However, after using them for a few hours I'm not sure I'm still that happy. I think my drivers are missmatched. When I listened to the song Ed Sheeran - Bibia Be Ye Ye on moderate-high volume I hear a very high somewhat hurting sound on the right side. Its like the sound I sometimes hear around buildings to prevent young people from hanging there.
When i do the driver matching test (http://www.audiocheck.net/soundtests_headphones.php) i hear a very shrill pitch from midhigh to just before the highest frequency (cant be sure of the Hz), only in the right side (tried switching left and right, its the earphones). I contacted the ali seller and hopefully they will send me a replacement. Other than that I was so happy with these earphones so this saddens me. Any other solutions if the seller wont come through??

I listen to hiphop / pop mostly. I figured after the ZST i might be a slightly sensitive to agressive treble. Overall i didnt notice much sibilance with the E-MI CI880, only on really high volumes with certain artists (biggie with his lisp, chance the rapper on some songs), i dont listen at that volume anyway. Any other recommendations? Im still very curious about the T2 and Zircon signature and how it fits my taste. I (prefer somewhere in the €10-30 bracket) I'm still very curious about the T2 and Zircon signature and how it fits my taste.
try the
ADAX 5-40kHZ Wide Frequency Earphones
$16 on amazon.
also adv s2000 are quite good for $20.

Mar 1, 2018 at 5:33 PM Post #7,514 of 31,834
IF, they don't fell of and the cable doesn't show any problem. I could say, for only my personal experience, that these are well built

Well, they aren't

Today the cable started cutting off the sound. Then i took it off and tangled the Pins of the shell a little bit. When I went to get off the cable again, this happened.
IMG_20180301_180652.jpg

Looks like the honeymoon it's over. I have no Idea what i'm going to do. With this type of fault, it's Very hard to recommend any product. Even If these sound Very good.

-1 point for MDK-ESS

EDIT: "solved the problem", It was'nt hard to put the cable working again. But they are capable of cuting of.

You need to put that Golden thing in the red piece. After the Golden thing being inside and in the right direction, you put the red piece in the cable.

IMG_20180301_194103.jpg
IMG_20180301_194311.jpg

I forgot to take a picture of the Golden "connector" inside of the red piece, A smaller, thicker piece will stay outside, and Will fit in a hole inside of the black piece in the cable. It ain't hard you should be able do It without any tip.

I took them off one or two times to put pieces in the right directions and sides.

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2018 at 7:13 PM Post #7,515 of 31,834
You know Batman was an audiophile - with hearing up to 110kHz.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back