CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jan 14, 2018 at 10:47 PM Post #5,986 of 31,833
Now, Monday will be the 1-10$ best IEM poll.

Please PM me suggestions (not more than 5), I prefer this way so its secret, will choose 10 ''best'' choices.

Jan 15, 2018 at 2:28 AM Post #5,987 of 31,833
hi guys, how's tin audio T2, Zhi Yin Z5000 compare against GR07, or even etymotics? I want to get a cheaper iem for gym use.

Jan 15, 2018 at 12:04 PM Post #5,988 of 31,833
Z5000 vs Tennmak Pro? Cons pros on both of someone can compare them. Z5000 is much more expensive but as much better?
Okay, give fast listen to the beloved Tennmak Pro vs Z5000.
Pro: Brighter, airier, harsher, dryier, easier to drive, more comfy, deeper soundstage
Z5000: Smoother but with more highs sparkle, bassier (better bass too), warmer, thicker, more natural and musical vocal and mids, larger soundstage, better dynamic and note impact, more microdetails but as bass have more decay its not in your face like with the Pro but as impact its better in some complexe track you hear more easily the background instrumental.

I prefer musicality of Z5000, and comfort of PRO.

Audio source: Xduoo XD-05 with Foobar. (tracks: Jessica Pratt, Esmerine, Jon Balke & Siwan, Max Cooper)

Jan 15, 2018 at 12:48 PM Post #5,990 of 31,833
Hey,
My se215 finally broke apart after faithfully serving me for 5 years. I recently learned about chifi and decided to give it a try. Its a vast world and I'm having a hard time.

Can you guys recommend some iems which which have similar mids like se215 with slightly better highs and tighter base?

I'm getting a good deal on KZ ZS5 but looking through the posts, it seems very controversial. It looks like downgrade when comparing mids with se215.
I don't want to spend over 25$ as shipping to my country is a bit sketchy.

All help appreciated. Thanks.
Check out the Brainwavz B100...usually on sale for $40 - available on amazon, for example. Outstanding value and in the best of 2017 in many blogs. Look for reviews. They lean towards a more neutral tuning. I love them. If you want to stay within the $25...hmmm...Sony MH1C...$22 on eBay (formerly $80)...excellent earphones. I don't think the Urbanfun Hifi at $20-22 constitute a better value.

Jan 15, 2018 at 1:16 PM Post #5,991 of 31,833
Check out the Brainwavz B100...usually on sale for $40 - available on amazon, for example. Outstanding value and in the best of 2017 in many blogs. Look for reviews. They lean towards a more neutral tuning. I love them. If you want to stay within the $25...hmmm...Sony MH1C...$22 on eBay (formerly $80)...excellent earphones. I don't think the Urbanfun Hifi at $20-22 constitute a better value.

IMO, the URBANFUN have better imaging and a more accurate soundstage than the MH1c and vocals sound a little more natural with them, but they have more mid-bass which can get annoying with certain music.
Also, the cable on my URBANFUN became problematic after a couple of months, so it could have just been the "honeymoon" phase with them that made me prefer them.

Jan 15, 2018 at 2:59 PM Post #5,992 of 31,833
Although HiFiMan isn't what I'd put into the Chi-Fi category, this deal sort of fits what I look for in this thread. Deals on IEMs that may be from obscure or unknown companies that sound better than their price. Currently at both the HiFiMan store and Amazon they're selling their RE-600s for $99 which I think is a good deal. I own a pair. They're tiny, good for sleeping or a nap, have a good semi flat sonic signature. About the only bad thing about them are the included ear tips. They have double flange, 2 types of single flange and foamies. The extra whitish ones are the best of the lot but I couldn't get a really decent seal until I tip rolled to the KZ style clear silicone ones with the spiral webbing and blue nozzle color. Then excellent sound all across the spectrum.

Apologies for posting a non Chinese company on the thread.

Jan 15, 2018 at 3:23 PM Post #5,993 of 31,833
...I couldn't get a really decent seal until I tip rolled to the KZ style clear silicone ones with the spiral webbing and blue nozzle color. Then excellent sound all across the spectrum.

KZ Turbo/Whirlwind (wide bore)?

KZ Turbo Tips.jpg

Jan 15, 2018 at 7:48 PM Post #5,994 of 31,833
KZ Turbo/Whirlwind (wide bore)?

Yeah, those. I get the best sound from a number of different IEMs using those over whatever they were packaged with. Not necessarily the best fit though but I'm guessing that is dependent on both the nozzle diameter and length of the particular model IEM versus anything inherent in the tip itself.

Jan 15, 2018 at 8:26 PM Post #5,995 of 31,833
Yeah, those. I get the best sound from a number of different IEMs using those over whatever they were packaged with. Not necessarily the best fit though but I'm guessing that is dependent on both the nozzle diameter and length of the particular model IEM versus anything inherent in the tip itself.

Yeah, they're good tips. They can be fragile though - they tear easily where indicated by the arrow. The tear can be hard to detect, and it affects the sound. So regularly check for tears.

Luckily they are cheap to buy. I just wish they were more robust.

KZ-Turbo-Tip-Tear.jpg

Jan 15, 2018 at 10:20 PM Post #5,996 of 31,833
IMO, the URBANFUN have better imaging and a more accurate soundstage than the MH1c and vocals sound a little more natural with them, but they have more mid-bass which can get annoying with certain music.
A.
Not sure about the soundstage/imaging (would have to check) but I definitely agree on the mid bass...which is fatiguing for me...similar to the Lkeri8.

Addendum: comparing Urbanfun and Sony listening to the current Star Wars Soundtrack. Difficult...the Urbs are definitely impressive at higher volumes.

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2018 at 5:01 AM Post #5,997 of 31,833
Just a heads up. Tinaudio T2 is on sale in the forbidden shop

Jan 16, 2018 at 5:53 AM Post #5,999 of 31,833
Link cant be shared here. PM sent

Users who are viewing this thread

Back