CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Sep 11, 2020 at 4:41 AM Post #25,726 of 31,848
Ah, good call on the heat shrink / ear hooks. I used a eyelash scissor to remove them, allows the blon 03 to sit in place much easier for my ears.

Ya i saw some folks cut open the earhooks or remould them using a hair dryer. Cutting the earhooks also may allow the BLON BL-03 to be worn cable down (u might need to swap the earpieces around first though). Takes quite a bit of effort to settle the cable and tips issue on the BLON BL-03, but once it fits well, the effort is well worth it.

Sep 11, 2020 at 4:42 AM Post #25,727 of 31,848
Which reminds me it's all stock stuff except I ripped the mesh off and replaced it with a ring of cotton. But when I heard the BL-03 my initial impression something among the lines of: "Jesus, how aggressive is the V shape of every other headgear I've owned if this still sounds V shaped to my ears but far less so."

Edit: There's probably at least one headphone I owned that sounds like if someone took the Delta Airlines Billboard Earphones and reversed the signature.

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2020 at 8:23 AM Post #25,730 of 31,848
Thank you to everyone that took the time to reply to my comment. It seems that I’m even more confused now than I was initially. I don’t want anything with bloated bass. The reason I prefer a warm sound signature is because I’m sensitive to sibilance which automatically disqualifies technical iems. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Sep 11, 2020 at 8:39 AM Post #25,731 of 31,848
Thank you to everyone that took the time to reply to my comment. It seems that I’m even more confused now than I was initially. I don’t want anything with bloated bass. The reason I prefer a warm sound signature is because I’m sensitive to sibilance which automatically disqualifies technical iems. Any help would be greatly appreciated
BQEYZ KB100

Sep 11, 2020 at 10:27 AM Post #25,734 of 31,848
Sep 11, 2020 at 11:39 AM Post #25,736 of 31,848
Need recommendations for my first iem, I'm looking to spend under $50. I enjoy a warm sound signature. Would the Blon bl 03 be the best option along with an upgraded cable or are there better options in that price bracket ?
I second the KB100. Also the TinHifi T2 Plus is an excellent choice.

I agree, I prefer the Tin HiFi T2 Plus, to the Blon BL-03.
And I take this opportunity to link my recently published review about them:

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/tin-hifi-t2-plus.24452/reviews#item-review-24304

On top, in warm sound, I would put my dear NS Audio NS3, although, it is also a little more expensive...

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/ns-audio-ns3.23955/reviews#item-review-22679

Tin HiFi T2 Plus vs NS Audio NS3.png

Sep 11, 2020 at 1:15 PM Post #25,737 of 31,848
Try CCA CA16 ( can be had for under $50 at Ali Express), Tin T2 plus or Smabat NCO.

Sep 11, 2020 at 6:24 PM Post #25,738 of 31,848
Thought I'd do a mini write up on these M17 earphones from a company called Kuulaa, up there in Shenzhen, these were £7 bar a couple of pennies and a promo code from amazon.
For that money you aren't gonna get any decent are you...... Well you are.

These are a ridiculous price for the sound if I'm being honest, you should not be getting this kind of quality or sound for what you're paying.
Plus a lovely little velvet carry bag tops off the package nicely.

No huge reviews here just a quick once over.
Surprisingly these are balanced.... Ish, hints of a slight V sig with plenty of detail.
I've also not come across any sibilance nor harshness as yet, and they've been in my ears since early this afternoon.
Nothing to my ears is particularly overdone, the bass is there, hits low when needed, but stays where it should be, mids are clear and pretty natural really,
And the treble is nice with a roll off at a point where you still get derail, but doesn't give you any fatigue.... Hasn't me anyway.
The earpiece stems are slightly at an angle I guess for a better fit, which works very well, isolation is also top notch, can't hear much at all so a definite plus point there.
Trying to sum up the sound..... They sound a bit like a cross between the Artiste Dc1... (with better treble) and the Blon 03.... But they fit better than the Blon so in my book they're better 😜
Let's face it £7 for that kind of sound.... I mean what's not to like?
Think I'll l order the red version 😁
Just got mine today, thanks for the heads up. They are quite bassy😊. More sub bass than the blon bl-03. Treble is quite tame but pretty detailed for £7. Only have about 30minutes with them so far, they remind me of some old Sony extra bass jobbys from about ten years ago. Might order a back up pair. Kick drums sound really nice. Might be too much bass for some people. But I like em.
Thanks for the heads up.

Sep 11, 2020 at 7:00 PM Post #25,739 of 31,848
Just got mine today, thanks for the heads up. They are quite bassy😊. More sub bass than the blon bl-03. Treble is quite tame but pretty detailed for £7. Only have about 30minutes with them so far, they remind me of some old Sony extra bass jobbys from about ten years ago. Might order a back up pair. Kick drums sound really nice. Might be too much bass for some people. But I like em.
Thanks for the heads up.
Me too. At first I put on a large narrow bore tip on. If I use stock tips I always get let down. Big bass but pleasant without much bleed. Really nice sounding with surprising resolution. The Blon 03 has a bit more magic and mystery in the mids, but for £6.99 on the day, great value. They remind me of the Cambridge SE1 even in their sound. Nice to have a set to wear down.

Edit. Mids are a bit recessed and treble is a bit tame, but still nice.

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2020 at 8:26 PM Post #25,740 of 31,848
So ... on the subject of the T2+ I was going to report on... I lent it to someone else to get a second opinion, and in the 5 minutes they had it, they immediately broke it!

The MMCX connector was a little loose in a housing, and the housing detached. They tried to reinsert the connector, but did so into the nozzle! [The eartip had also detached.] Now, the grille is smashed in.

In this person's defense, they are not familiar with IEMs. This wasn't the T2's fault. I found it to have great fit for a TinHifi product. For the first time, no tip rolling or cable swapping! But I can't bear to hear how it sounds now. I can post my impressions from notes over the past few days of listening, but I may be stuck with a damaged unit for now.

Be warned that n00bs can wreck your Chi-Fi! Anyway, I'll see what I can do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back