CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Sep 9, 2020 at 9:20 PM Post #25,713 of 31,833
Very Nice! Do tell what this 'Micropore mod' is?

Cover ~60% area of the metal mesh of the nozzle with 3M micropore tape like in the picture if you have to mutch treble

Attachments

• 20200907_183936.jpg
    20200907_183936.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Sep 9, 2020 at 9:20 PM Post #25,714 of 31,833
Very Nice! Do tell what this 'Micropore mod' is?

Use 3m micropore tape (google it) to cover 3/4 part of nozzle grill opening. Meant to tame peaks on high mids area. Go to blon thread i explained and even measured these.

Sep 10, 2020 at 1:08 AM Post #25,715 of 31,833
I finally finished my KBEar KS2 Review. You can read it here: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/kb-ear-ks2.24470/review/24295/

In the end, I don't get the point of the KS2. I still don't understand why KBEar decided to release KS2 whereas the (better overall) KB04 exists. Perhaps some might like it for the soundstage, not for me however. The shouty mids and peaky lower-treble and boomy bass just doesn't cut it for me. Looking forward to their next release with more balanced tuning. Till then... ah well.

IMG_8128.JPG

Sep 10, 2020 at 1:51 AM Post #25,716 of 31,833
Guys, I need a quick recommendation. I have a coupon on AliExpress, so I want to buy some iem that costs $20. Is there anything really worth it, or should I just get something else for the coupon? (fyi, I already have Blon 03😎)

Sep 10, 2020 at 10:12 AM Post #25,718 of 31,833
KZ EDR1 vs UiiSii HM7?

Sep 10, 2020 at 3:14 PM Post #25,720 of 31,833
Hi, what are your recommendations for balanced/bright with big amout of air, openness and soundstage IEMs that will fit in around 90$ budget? After watching many threads LZ A6mini and KZ ZAX interested me the most :smile_phones:

Thanks in advance!

Sep 10, 2020 at 7:34 PM Post #25,721 of 31,833
I finally finished my KBEar KS2 Review. You can read it here: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/kb-ear-ks2.24470/review/24295/

In the end, I don't get the point of the KS2. I still don't understand why KBEar decided to release KS2 whereas the (better overall) KB04 exists. Perhaps some might like it for the soundstage, not for me however. The shouty mids and peaky lower-treble and boomy bass just doesn't cut it for me. Looking forward to their next release with more balanced tuning. Till then... ah well.

IMG_8128.JPG

No BS truth right there bro.
KBear are capable of tuning way better IEM. Perhaps its some recycling thing of old concept...but KS2 was super-fail from me too as you have perhaps read on NBBA.

KBear KB04 in other hand is one of the best sub-30$ IEM you can get right now IMO

Even TRN STM are better than KS2.

Sep 11, 2020 at 4:25 AM Post #25,722 of 31,833
Need recommendations for my first iem, I'm looking to spend under $50. I enjoy a warm sound signature. Would the Blon bl 03 be the best option along with an upgraded cable or are there better options in that price bracket ?

Sep 11, 2020 at 4:31 AM Post #25,723 of 31,833
Need recommendations for my first iem, I'm looking to spend under $50. I enjoy a warm sound signature. Would the Blon bl 03 be the best option along with an upgraded cable or are there better options in that price bracket ?
You really can't go wrong with the blon 03. The real question is if it fits well. I find them to fit well but many have noted that the nozzle is on the short side and some have placed spacers before the tips, effectively extending the nozzle.

Sep 11, 2020 at 4:32 AM Post #25,724 of 31,833

BLON BL-03 is a good option. But u might need to top up a bit on aftermarket tips (longer tips) as the stock fit is bad for a lot of people due to the too short nozzle. Personally I like spinfit CP 100 and 145 on it, but some also do a reverse KZ starline or use other aftermarket tips or spacer mods. Aftermarket cable is a plus/minus, the stock cable earhooks are stiff and tend to yank the IEM out of the ear. BLON BL-03 is good for timbre and tonality, but not the best for technicalities, so if u are looking for a very technical IEM for critical listening or something with very complex music/fast movements, you might need to consider a hybrid/multi BA type IEM.

If u can still find the TFZ Tequila1 on Aliexpress, they are clearing sales now, it was about $53 USD when I last bought it at the last sale, slightly above your budget. It was north of $100 before, very warm and bassy (basshead set). Technicalities are average, non fatiguing, good soundstage and timbre, good fit and accessories.

Over these 2, I would recommend the Final Audio E3000 if u can find one, usually about $40 - 50 USD, warm and mildly V shaped, good timbre and tonality, non fatiguing, excellent soundstage and imaging. Mids are quite well done and vocals are well balanced. Only thing is it has a crappy non detachable noodle thin microphonic cable. I manage to eliminate most of the microphonics by using a shirt clip or wearing it over ear, but the longevity of a non detachable cable is another issue. Midbass is a bit slow and nebulous. Isolation is bad, so also not the best option to be used on the go, and it is very power hungry, needs an amp to scale to its best performance.

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2020 at 4:38 AM Post #25,725 of 31,833
BLON BL-03 is a good option. But u might need to top up a bit on aftermarket tips (longer tips) as the stock fit is bad for a lot of people due to the too short nozzle. Personally I like spinfit CP 100 and 145 on it, but some also do a reverse KZ starline or use other aftermarket tips or spacer mods. Aftermarket cable is a plus/minus, the stock cable earhooks are stiff and tend to yank the IEM out of the ear. BLON BL-03 is good for timbre and tonality, but not the best for technicalities, so if u are looking for a very technical IEM for critical listening or something with very complex music/fast movements, you might need to consider a hybrid/multi BA type IEM.

If u can still find the TFZ Tequila1 on Aliexpress, they are clearing sales now, it was about $53 USD when I last bought it at the last sale, slightly above your budget. It was north of $100 before, very warm and bassy (basshead set). Technicalities are average, non fatiguing, good soundstage and timbre, good fit and accessories.

Over these 2, I would recommend the Final Audio E3000 if u can find one, usually about $40 - 50 USD, warm and mildly V shaped, good timbre and tonality, non fatiguing, excellent soundstage and imaging. Mids are quite well done. Only thing is it has a crappy non detachable noodle thin microphonic cable. I manage to eliminate most of the microphonics by using a shirt clip or wearing it over ear, but the longevity of a non detachable able is another issue. Midbass is a bit slow and nebulous. Isolation is bad, so also not the best option to be used on the go, and it is very power hungry, needs an amp to scale to its best performance.
Ah, good call on the heat shrink / ear hooks. I used a eyelash scissor to remove them, allows the blon 03 to sit in place much easier for my ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back