CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Sep 7, 2020 at 6:46 PM Post #25,696 of 31,833
I received the Shini Q170 in only two weeks..pretty fast shipping. First impressions: these don't sound the same as Q140 but are more V-shaped! so while mids remain almost unchanged the bass is now much punchier than Q140 but fortunately it retains its tightness and speed, and obviously the subbass can now be felt. Treble is also brighter, more details and sparkle also some sibilance can be occasionally heard. Soundstage seems be a little larger.
So while Q140 is balanced this Q170 is more aggressive and energetic..it sounds amazing with EDM, bass has quality and quantity.
Build quality is identical between the two, however these Q170 come with a problem: the L/R channels are swapped but I have easily changed the external piece with each other, solving the problem.
Now let's wait for the S520 :) these should be better built with a L plug..

Attachments

• IMG_20200907_123730.jpg
    IMG_20200907_123730.jpg
    690.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Sep 8, 2020 at 6:57 AM Post #25,697 of 31,833
Sep 8, 2020 at 3:20 PM Post #25,698 of 31,833
IMG_20200831_225251.jpg
Hello. I've already posted about these Shini Q140 (copy of Sony mdr Q140) on another thread..but I would like to share my opinions on these wonders here too. I think for 3$ (yes only THREE dollars on aliexpress) these are absolutely an hidden gem. Impossible no one on this huge forum has ever tried these..because they sound way above their ridiculous price, pretty much like full big headphones!! Amazing punchy, precise and tight bass that doesn't bloat the clear and not recessed mids, sparkling highs sometime slightly bright. Soundstage is decent large with precise instruments separation.
The earhook style is obviously outdated but I find them extremely comfortable even after hours because these are so light in weighr (these are made of plastic yes, but high quality plastic). Isolation is poor and you will have to turn your device volume up..but if used at home who cares? The braided cable tangles easily but it is robust and not microphonic.
IMO these are some of the best sounding Chi-Fi bargain ever. Those of you who own the VE monk plus think of a similar signature but much more energetic.

The Shini Q140 that I bought arrived today. Unfortunately, this is a no-go for me because the left side has significant driver rattle at anything below 400Hz. Shame, because otherwise they seem to sound quite decent. Going to try and pop off the cover soon to see what I can do.

Sep 8, 2020 at 5:19 PM Post #25,699 of 31,833
Hi, everyone long time lurker here, lol.
Any difference soundwise in these two, or just form factor?
Thinking about getting one.
I have both the Estron/EM-I/Joyplus/Timmkoo EST (c633) and the c631, and as much a fan I am of the c631, I would say that the EST is the winner. The EST tips are no good, but actually the cable is not as bad as mentioned. Very nice imaging and no sibilance for me with Whirlwind-type tips. A steal at $20.

Just for grins, I did try a balanced upgrade cable (16 core NiceHCK), around $10) Oh yeah, that does improve the sound quite a bit, so maybe the stock cable is a bit sub-par... With that upgrade, this is a seriously nice sounding IEM at around $30.

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2020 at 6:21 PM Post #25,700 of 31,833
I have both the Estron/EM-I/Joyplus/Timmkoo EST (c633) and the c631, and as much a fan I am of the c631, I would say that the EST is the winner. The EST tips are no good, but actually the cable is not as bad as mentioned. Very nice imaging and no sibilance for me with Whirlwind-type tips. A steal at $20.

Just for grins, I did try a balanced upgrade cable (16 core NiceHCK), around $10) Oh yeah, that does improve the sound quite a bit, so maybe the stock cable is a bit sub-par... With that upgrade, this is a seriously nice sounding IEM at around $30.

Good sum up. I too prefer the EST over the C631 (but I do like the C631). And you're right, balanced on the EDT gives a nice impriovement.

Sep 8, 2020 at 9:04 PM Post #25,701 of 31,833

Thanks for the info, you too Slater. Probably will grab the EST, sounds like a bargain.

Sep 9, 2020 at 6:56 AM Post #25,702 of 31,833
I was accidentally sent the FA E2000 instead of the E3000. That sucks.

Sep 9, 2020 at 12:09 PM Post #25,705 of 31,833
Thought I'd do a mini write up on these M17 earphones from a company called Kuulaa, up there in Shenzhen, these were £7 bar a couple of pennies and a promo code from amazon.
For that money you aren't gonna get any decent are you...... Well you are.

These are a ridiculous price for the sound if I'm being honest, you should not be getting this kind of quality or sound for what you're paying.
Plus a lovely little velvet carry bag tops off the package nicely.

No huge reviews here just a quick once over.
Surprisingly these are balanced.... Ish, hints of a slight V sig with plenty of detail.
I've also not come across any sibilance nor harshness as yet, and they've been in my ears since early this afternoon.
Nothing to my ears is particularly overdone, the bass is there, hits low when needed, but stays where it should be, mids are clear and pretty natural really,
And the treble is nice with a roll off at a point where you still get derail, but doesn't give you any fatigue.... Hasn't me anyway.
The earpiece stems are slightly at an angle I guess for a better fit, which works very well, isolation is also top notch, can't hear much at all so a definite plus point there.
Trying to sum up the sound..... They sound a bit like a cross between the Artiste Dc1... (with better treble) and the Blon 03.... But they fit better than the Blon so in my book they're better 😜
Let's face it £7 for that kind of sound.... I mean what's not to like?
Think I'll l order the red version 😁

Attachments

• IMG_20200909_164111_493.jpg
    IMG_20200909_164111_493.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Sep 9, 2020 at 3:49 PM Post #25,706 of 31,833
Thought I'd do a mini write up on these M17 earphones from a company called Kuulaa, up there in Shenzhen, these were £7 bar a couple of pennies and a promo code from amazon.

These are a ridiculous price for the sound if I'm being honest, you should not be getting this kind of quality or sound for what you're paying.

Surprisingly these are balanced.... Ish, hints of a slight V sig with plenty of detail.
I've also not come across any sibilance nor harshness as yet, and they've been in my ears since early this afternoon.
Nothing to my ears is particularly overdone, the bass is there, hits low when needed, but stays where it should be, mids are clear and pretty natural really,
And the treble is nice with a roll off at a point where you still get derail, but doesn't give you any fatigue.... Hasn't me anyway.
The earpiece stems are slightly at an angle I guess for a better fit, which works very well, isolation is also top notch, can't hear much at all so a definite plus point there.
Trying to sum up the sound..... They sound a bit like a cross between the Artiste Dc1... (with better treble) and the Blon 03.... But they fit better than the Blon so in my book they're better 😜
I've got the red one coming Friday. £6.99.......three bags of chips.

Sep 9, 2020 at 4:29 PM Post #25,708 of 31,833
Sep 9, 2020 at 5:32 PM Post #25,710 of 31,833

This should make you smile :slight_smile::smile::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::grin:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back