CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Dec 27, 2019 at 8:38 AM Post #22,126 of 31,833
Moondrop KPE:
Of the two pinholes (on the shell), cover the pinhole at the base of the neck/nozzle, with a small piece of micropore tape.

& as @CoiL states, the DLC and the KPE then become very close in sound signatures.
So it lessens the air that gets into/out of the housing I see. Worth trying if I want to get them later

Dec 27, 2019 at 8:46 AM Post #22,127 of 31,833
Faael Hibiscus cable arrived today. I have fitted it to my BQ3. Cables DO make a difference, soundstage is huge and sound is open and detailed. This cable is a bargain, pity there's not an MMCX version.

Dec 27, 2019 at 9:42 AM Post #22,128 of 31,833
Can anyone that happens to own both the KZ ED9 and the LZ A6 Mini please confirm if the filters included with each earphone can work with the other?
Checked and did not work, ED9s filters are too small. So unless you use glue or something it wont fit

Dec 27, 2019 at 1:18 PM Post #22,129 of 31,833
Faael Hibiscus cable arrived today. I have fitted it to my BQ3. Cables DO make a difference, soundstage is huge and sound is open and detailed. This cable is a bargain, pity there's not an MMCX version.
There's definitely an MMCX version, just not from the lucky bag that they were/are offering. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000400771561.html has an MMCX 3.5 option

Dec 27, 2019 at 3:36 PM Post #22,130 of 31,833
Dec 27, 2019 at 6:02 PM Post #22,131 of 31,833
Moondrop KPE:
Of the two pinholes (on the shell), cover the pinhole at the base of the neck/nozzle, with a small piece of micropore tape.

& as @CoiL states, the DLC and the KPE then become very close in sound signatures.

Not only vent hole mod. I use additionally custom nozzle filters with my KPE (tea-bag paper+nylon fabric). See my graphs to get idea about improvements (not for everybody) :wink:

Dec 27, 2019 at 7:58 PM Post #22,132 of 31,833
ah ok. Thanks. I was hoping for something different. Maybe a bit tighter and more controlled bass.
The V90s are great. But in my opinion the bass is slightly sloppy.
The ZSX in my opinion are also good, just not quite clean enough in the bass again. .
I like powerfully bass but not flabby.

Am I asking for too much from the sub 150$ Range?

thank you.

Hey Solar, please take this as friendly advice from one enthusiast to another... remember that the whole point of buying earphones is for the enjoyment of music. Looks like you've bought 12 new IEMs in four weeks (not stalking lol I've seen you post a few times in different threads and noticed you signed up in November) and now you're asking about another set at a higher price. This hobby can be very expensive so try pace yourself otherwise you're just buying earphones for the sake of having them.

Spending enough time with each new IEM will allow you to get a better sense of how they each sound/differ/compare and will give more substance to your recommendations and more weight to the advice you give, as at this rate you're maybe not giving yourself time to get to know their individual signatures. I only post this here (instead of a PM) as it's good advice (maybe it's not) for anyone new to this hobby IMO. It can be very tempting to rush buy, especially when you're trying to play catchup perhaps for the sake of contributing. I did the same when I first started.

So take your time... and never forget to enjoy the music first and foremost.

PS... please take this in the friendly manner it was intended :)

Dec 27, 2019 at 9:28 PM Post #22,133 of 31,833
Hey Solar, please take this as friendly advice from one enthusiast to another... remember that the whole point of buying earphones is for the enjoyment of music. Looks like you've bought 12 new IEMs in four weeks (not stalking lol I've seen you post a few times in different threads and noticed you signed up in November) and now you're asking about another set at a higher price. This hobby can be very expensive so try pace yourself otherwise you're just buying earphones for the sake of having them.

Spending enough time with each new IEM will allow you to get a better sense of how they each sound/differ/compare and will give more substance to your recommendations and more weight to the advice you give, as at this rate you're maybe not giving yourself time to get to know their individual signatures. I only post this here (instead of a PM) as it's good advice (maybe it's not) for anyone new to this hobby IMO. It can be very tempting to rush buy, especially when you're trying to play catchup perhaps for the sake of contributing. I did the same when I first started.

So take your time... and never forget to enjoy the music first and foremost.

PS... please take this in the friendly manner it was intended :)

Yeah, thanks. I understand what you're saying. I was just really excited at first. buying everything that looked interesting... lol... I have one more coming the CCA C12 (Already ordered them) but once they get here i will stop for a while.
Maybe just take a breath or two. hahaha. It's not easy to resist the dark side of the audio force. :wink:
Thanks

Dec 28, 2019 at 6:10 AM Post #22,135 of 31,833
Yeah, thanks. I understand what you're saying. I was just really excited at first. buying everything that looked interesting... lol... I have one more coming the CCA C12 (Already ordered them) but once they get here i will stop for a while.
Maybe just take a breath or two. hahaha. It's not easy to resist the dark side of the audio force. :wink:
Thanks
buy some beer instead

Dec 28, 2019 at 6:38 AM Post #22,136 of 31,833
what do you mean blon requires more power
@Solar1971 The LZ A6 Mini is pretty good especially at the price it's selling for at the moment. Definitely a step up from the Blon/V90/C12 crowd in my opinion. Though with the right tips and PLENTY of power the bass of the Blon is fine.
What do you mean plenty of power? What blon exactly? Hm? Is Atom fine?

Dec 28, 2019 at 9:06 AM Post #22,139 of 31,833
I wish I can try the Semkarch, sad that it got discontinued...

Well..If this will make you feel better. I gotta say, Semkarch is not anything special to me.The bass's got that substantial punch but not necessarily extended. Unfortunately it also bleed into the rest of spectrum, and resulting in a somewhat muddy sound.

Of course this is just my opinion but I did get rid of them after just 2 days of possession. Happy Holidays!

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2019 at 4:04 PM Post #22,140 of 31,833
@Solar1971 The LZ A6 Mini is pretty good especially at the price it's selling for at the moment. Definitely a step up from the Blon/V90/C12 crowd in my opinion. Though with the right tips and PLENTY of power the bass of the Blon is fine.

thank you for the heads up.
I will check the LZ A6 Mini IEMs out. I have read someone else talking about these as well.
I just didn’t really look into it. But I will now.
Thanks again. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back