CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Dec 26, 2019 at 9:09 PM Post #22,111 of 31,833
It's fun in a way to taste many sub $50 gear with different sound signatures to suit different moods/genres but I'm also starting to realize that it might be more cost effective in the long run to move up the ladder and get a set that is an upgrade over the usual sub $50 CHIFI stuff.

Then again sometimes you end up buying an Empire Ears Bravado and turning around and deciding that you still can’t pass up $150 for a Periodic Carbon. ::whistles innocently::

Dec 27, 2019 at 1:07 AM Post #22,112 of 31,833
I'm happy with what I've got mostly. I could whittle it down to 5 pairs of IEMs but I'm a bit of a hoarder. Just got the A6 mini. Next purchase will be a nine tails or a Tin P1.

The fact I have two lucky bags and a pair of the new cheap KZ TWS on the way is completely irrelevant...

Dec 27, 2019 at 1:10 AM Post #22,113 of 31,833
I'm happy with what I've got mostly. I could whittle it down to 5 pairs of IEMs but I'm a bit of a hoarder. Just got the A6 mini. Next purchase will be a nine tails or a Tin P1.

The fact I have two lucky bags and a pair of the new cheap KZ TWS on the way is completely irrelevant...

Ah but the CHIFI TWS and IEM rabbithole is just the beginning.

Wait till you open the earbuds and headphones rabbithole. Or maybe if you have more cash to spend, the home audio/speakers rabbithole.

My wallet rues the day I stumbled on the CHIFI headfi thread!

Dec 27, 2019 at 1:13 AM Post #22,114 of 31,833
Ah but the CHIFI TWS and IEM rabbithole is just the beginning.

Wait till you open the earbuds and headphones rabbithole. Or maybe if you have more cash to spend, the home audio/speakers rabbithole.

My wallet rues the day I stumbled on the CHIFI headfi thread!

The IEM rabbit hole was the last one I visited. My home audio setup has been set in stone for 16 years now, and I stumbled upon my endgame with headphones straight away. My gear is on my profile if you're interested.

Dec 27, 2019 at 1:50 AM Post #22,115 of 31,833
Starfield is getting good reviews mostly, some said it has more bass than the KXXS - KPE, which make them less analytical

Dec 27, 2019 at 4:27 AM Post #22,116 of 31,833
Starfield is getting good reviews mostly, some said it has more bass than the KXXS - KPE, which make them less analytical
More bass as sub-bass or mid-bass?

Dec 27, 2019 at 5:51 AM Post #22,118 of 31,833
sub bass i guess, moondrop rarely have too much sub bass right? because one who have them already they can be a basshead pair

Try the OG Kanas

That thing is a Sub bass monster :ksc75smile:

Dec 27, 2019 at 6:24 AM Post #22,121 of 31,833
Can anyone that happens to own both the KZ ED9 and the LZ A6 Mini please confirm if the filters included with each earphone can work with the other?

Dec 27, 2019 at 6:34 AM Post #22,122 of 31,833
Try the OG Kanas
That thing is a Sub bass monster :ksc75smile:
KPE can also do same when modded, bad-ass sub-bass extension and detail/rumble/tightness imho :wink:
What I like about this signature is that it isn`t overpowerling or shadowing other frequencies and isn`t sounding V-shaped.

Dec 27, 2019 at 6:52 AM Post #22,123 of 31,833
KPE can also do same when modded, bad-ass sub-bass extension and detail/rumble/tightness imho :wink:
What I like about this signature is that it isn`t overpowerling or shadowing other frequencies and isn`t sounding V-shaped.
How to mod them? :0

Dec 27, 2019 at 6:53 AM Post #22,124 of 31,833
it was at first place in my collection in quantity of sub bass, now it is second, a monster came, small and funny looking

I hear words on the street it's Urban looking and Fun sounding? :ksc75smile:

Nice! Have you by chance also compare the modded KPE to the Kanas?
Seeing both are discontinued, i won't be letting my Kanas go from my collections

Users who are viewing this thread

Back