CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Dec 28, 2019 at 4:08 PM Post #22,141 of 31,833
I've got the A6 Mini. The two I want are the Tin P1 and the Toneking Nine Tail. Then I'm done.

Dec 28, 2019 at 4:09 PM Post #22,142 of 31,833
Damn it!!!
I have a confession to make.
I found 3 IEMs I was curious about. Super cheap. So I ordered all 3. Damn it!!
I couldn’t resist.
KZ ZST pro. 15$
KZ ZSN pro. 14$
KZ ZSR. Non pro 20$ “I couldn’t find a pro version”
Sooooo cheap. I had to do it.
This is like Chrystal Meth !!!

Dec 28, 2019 at 4:11 PM Post #22,143 of 31,833
I've got the A6 Mini. The two I want are the Tin P1 and the Toneking Nine Tail. Then I'm done.

can you tell me about the A6 mini please kind sir. :wink:

Dec 28, 2019 at 4:12 PM Post #22,144 of 31,833
Damn it!!!
I have a confession to make.
I found 3 IEMs I was curious about. Super cheap. So I ordered all 3. Damn it!!
I couldn’t resist.
KZ ZST pro. 15$
KZ ZSN pro. 14$
KZ ZSR. Non pro 20$ “I couldn’t find a pro version”
Sooooo cheap. I had to do it.
This is like Chrystal Meth !!!

When I joined HeadFi I had the over ears I currently have, plus the IE60 and the ZS10. I'd just bought my Little Dot MK3 which was my first headphone amp...

Dec 28, 2019 at 4:22 PM Post #22,145 of 31,833
When I joined HeadFi I had the over ears I currently have, plus the IE60 and the ZS10. I'd just bought my Little Dot MK3 which was my first headphone amp...

Holy shnikeez!!!
You have far more then I do. And some of yours sound expensive even. Like the ****. DB3. And the EP10’s.
For some reason those sound expensive. Maybe it’s just because of the names. Lololol.

Dec 28, 2019 at 4:22 PM Post #22,146 of 31,833
can you tell me about the A6 mini please kind sir. :wink:

Right I've not burned it in or done any comparitive listening to speak of but...

Build is slightly iffy on MY unit. Nobody else has had an issue but I can't personally say they are all wonderful. Saying that apart from the slightly dodgy connector they feel solid. Similar shape and size to the CCA C12 but feel a bit weightier and more solid. Nozzles are nearly at right angles to the unit, makes achieving a good seal a bit tricky for me (again this seems unique to me)
Sound wise, they come with 3 filters. Blue is fitted but I switched to black and won't go back.
Bass has good weight but is punchy and fast not bloated. Little to no bleed into the midrange.
Mids are detailed like no other IEM I've heard. I'm hearing things I've never heard on any setup.
Treble is very much there, it's on the bright side. But it never descends into sibilance except on recordings which are supposed to be sibilant (a lot of Libertines and Babyshambles tracks need to be a little sibilant or they just sound wrong)
Soundstage is fairly big - I'm not great at judging size of soundstage but it's not noticeably in my head as per the Blon BL03.
Imaging is spot on and very 3 dimensional. Instruments are better separated than with any other set I own.
Timbre is not quite on a par with the BL03 but then nothing is.

Oh and **** and DB3 are cheapies. My most expensive IEM was the Sennheiser IE60 and my most expensive cans were my Hifiman HE400i

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2019 at 4:27 PM Post #22,147 of 31,833
Right I've not burned it in or done any comparitive listening to speak of but...

Build is slightly iffy on MY unit. Nobody else has had an issue but I can't personally say they are all wonderful. Saying that apart from the slightly dodgy connector they feel solid. Similar shape and size to the CCA C12 but feel a bit weightier and more solid. Nozzles are nearly at right angles to the unit, makes achieving a good seal a bit tricky for me (again this seems unique to me)
Sound wise, they come with 3 filters. Blue is fitted but I switched to black and won't go back.
Bass has good weight but is punchy and fast not bloated. Little to no bleed into the midrange.
Mids are detailed like no other IEM I've heard. I'm hearing things I've never heard on any setup.
Treble is very much there, it's on the bright side. But it never descends into sibilance except on recordings which are supposed to be sibilant (a lot of Libertines and Babyshambles tracks need to be a little sibilant or they just sound wrong)
Soundstage is fairly big - I'm not great at judging size of soundstage but it's not noticeably in my head as per the Blon BL03.
Imaging is spot on and very 3 dimensional. Instruments are better separated than with any other set I own.

Oh and **** and DB3 are cheapies. My most expensive IEM was the Sennheiser IE60 and my most expensive cans were my Hifiman HE400i

wow those sound like they’re awesome!
Damn you, I may just have to get them as well. But I will wait a month or so before I order anything.
I need to learn some restraint. :wink:
Thanks for the nice review.
Ps: yeah the IE60’s, I should have known. German things are usually good but expensive.

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2019 at 4:35 PM Post #22,148 of 31,833
Yeah the A6 Mini is a definite step up from anything I have. Right up there with the HE400i in most ways. Though the Hifiman is great for giving a load of volume and rocking out.

Dec 28, 2019 at 4:35 PM Post #22,149 of 31,833

What build problems do you have? My right MMCXs "hole" for the pin is slightly bigger than the left and it causes most of my cables to either have no sound or at least wiggle alot, stock cable have no issues though and my cable 175 wiggles and hisses when I wiggle it but otherwise no problem with sound.

Dec 28, 2019 at 4:37 PM Post #22,150 of 31,833
Holy shnikeez!!!

If you look at my profile you can see what could happen if you read headfi posts on multiple threads for three years.

Be afraid. Be very afraid!

Dec 28, 2019 at 4:39 PM Post #22,151 of 31,833
What build problems do you have? My right MMCXs "hole" for the pin is slightly bigger than the left and it causes most of my cables to either have no sound or at least wiggle alot, stock cable have no issues though and my cable 175 wiggles and hisses when I wiggle it but otherwise no problem with sound.

Mine has a missing metal part on one of the 2 pin sockets. Stock cable works fine. Other cables, not so much.

Dec 28, 2019 at 5:16 PM Post #22,152 of 31,833
If you look at my profile you can see what could happen if you read headfi posts on multiple threads for three years.

Be afraid. Be very afraid!

Triple Holy Shnikeez!!!!!!!!!!!
That has to be 10’s of thousands of dollars in equipment. oh my god woman!!!
Are you nutty? That’s just pure insanity.
But I like insanity :wink:
Ps: Since you’re from the UK you may also be a DnB head?
Pss: quick quick. Favorite big headphones? Favorite IEMs? Earbuds I don’t care about.

Dec 28, 2019 at 5:34 PM Post #22,153 of 31,833
Since you’re from the UK

I am in the UK but am not from the Uk. I am from upstate NY and Michigan. Also lived in Connecticut and Texas for a short time. Family all over the States.

Favorite big headphones? Favorite IEMs?

Isn't that like asking me to choose a favorite child? Maybe the truest answer is "whatever's in my ears...or on my head." Is is actual all about the music.

Earbuds I don’t care about.

Maybe you should. I would give up the headphones and IEMs before I could ever give up my buds. I have a new pair in my ears right now...one that my husband made a few hours ago. Sounds phenomenal. The HungryPanda Phantom.

Dec 28, 2019 at 5:53 PM Post #22,154 of 31,833
I am in the UK but am not from the Uk. I am from upstate NY and Michigan. Also lived in Connecticut and Texas for a short time. Family all over the States.

Isn't that like asking me to choose a favorite child? Maybe the truest answer is "whatever's in my ears...or on my head." Is is actual all about the music.

Maybe you should. I would give up the headphones and IEMs before I could ever give up my buds. I have a new pair in my ears right now...one that my husband made a few hours ago. Sounds phenomenal. The HungryPanda Phantom.

I know it’s about the music. But some IEMs and headphones reproduce the music better or more accurately then others.
All IEMs and headphones are not created equally. Even someone that loves headphones and IEMs must see that
some Gear simply outshines / outperforms others.

Ps: your headphones are not like children, silly words.

Dec 28, 2019 at 8:40 PM Post #22,155 of 31,833
Hello everyone,
some months ago I was recommended to get the Monopad X3 to use while sleeping. They performed OK meaning that the sound quality was not exceptional but acceptable and OK for wearing them for sleeping on the side but way too big and bulky. Now the right side stopped reproducing bass.
So I was looking for an alternative. Basically something cheap (<$20), balanced/warm SS and great for sleeping.

Users who are viewing this thread

• XTF1
Back