CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Dec 12, 2019 at 7:30 AM Post #21,661 of 31,833
Any **** V2 and SONY MH755 (modded mmcx with cable) owners here? I can't decide which one should I buy for casual use only, I will only use smartphone as my source for listening huawei nova 3i to be specific. The reason my choices are limited because I don't like over the ear type iem and the two that I mentioned are the only that I can buy with my budget. Which one should I buy? Which is more close to blon b03 and tfz t2?

**** V2 is very underrated. I've had it a fairly long time. Very natural sounding. Non- fatiguing.

Dec 12, 2019 at 7:34 AM Post #21,662 of 31,833
received **** pro today ... compared to **** huge disappointment, the highs sound thin/metallic, timbre/tonality artificial, also less bass .. back into box they go ... ordered jadeaudio ea3, hopefully they're good :triportsad:
That's weird. I find them superb. To my ears there is more bass than the regular ****, the mids have excellent timbre and the treble is clean and extended with lots of detail. Do bear in mind that the **** and **** Pro, because of the piezo driver, benefit from plenty of power. I use a Fiio A5 on high gain. A long burn in period also helps. I think for the money they are a no-brainer.

Dec 12, 2019 at 7:55 AM Post #21,663 of 31,833
I have just got them. They are surprisingly good to be honest. I am using them with the TRN T2 cable.

Guns will be triggered. And anyways @10ish usd. It wont hurt much.

Dec 12, 2019 at 8:00 AM Post #21,664 of 31,833
Oops. Just pulled the trigger on yet more IEMs. LZ A6 mini and NiceHck DB3.

Dec 12, 2019 at 8:27 AM Post #21,666 of 31,833
Help! ...I really need to know if the UrbanFun YBF-ISS014 has less MID-bass and sounds more refined than the BLON BL03. :point_left:

If it carries deeper sub-bass, but less MID-bass that's fine with me too. But, just as long as clarity, openness and details is plenty and can shine through on top.

I am in China, so I have 2 and a half hours to buy them on the 12/12 before the sale is over at 12 midnight. :sweat:

-Clear

Dec 12, 2019 at 8:29 AM Post #21,667 of 31,833
Is that the third revision?

I have no idea. When I got them they were seen as a competitor to the Tin T2 and I was surprised at their flattish yet musical signature. They still hold up to most IEM's. Recently I have joined the Blon 03 and Semkarch CNT1 appreciators.

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2019 at 8:29 AM Post #21,668 of 31,833
I have the very first edition of the Y*nY*o V2, back when it was selling for $49, or $39 with discount.

It comes with its own little carrying case, similar to that of the EZ Audio D4.

For the original tuning, I found it to be a very relaxed IEM, like Njdeleon says. Not the best for sugary, energized music like "The Strokes." But good for softer albums like Yes' "Fly from Here," Matthew Good Band, stuff like that.

You needed foams to get the best of it. I'm not sure how the rev. 3 (final tuning) compares to the original, but it will likely need foams as well.

Dec 12, 2019 at 9:06 AM Post #21,670 of 31,833
Help! ...I really need to know if the UrbanFun YBF-ISS014 has less MID-bass and sounds more refined than the BLON BL03. :point_left:

If it carries deeper sub-bass, but less MID-bass that's fine with me too. But, just as long as clarity, openness and details is plenty and can shine through on top.

I am in China, so I have 2 and a half hours to buy them on the 12/12 before the sale is over at 12 midnight. :sweat:

-Clear

I can't answer that so quickly.

Did you do a search? Someone gave detailed impressions in another thread. I will try to find it.

@1clearhead @Bui Hai Anh
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the-discovery-thread.586909/page-3024#post-15332818

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2019 at 9:37 AM Post #21,672 of 31,833

I have asked @HungryPanda to compare... so maybe he can answer.

..also I never have any idea what "more refined " would sound like.

I only know if I like something or not.

I don't want to be responsible for influencing anyone's purchases.

Dec 12, 2019 at 9:43 AM Post #21,673 of 31,833

-Clear
Just listened to my Blon and my wife's UrbanFun YBF-ISS014 and have to say the bass is tighter on the UrbanFun, Blon is a little boomy. Top end is similar so in my opinion the Urbanfun is the better earphone

Users who are viewing this thread

Back