CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Dec 12, 2019 at 10:43 AM Post #21,676 of 31,833
That's weird. I find them superb. To my ears there is more bass than the regular ****, the mids have excellent timbre and the treble is clean and extended with lots of detail. Do bear in mind that the **** and **** Pro, because of the piezo driver, benefit from plenty of power. I use a Fiio A5 on high gain. A long burn in period also helps. I think for the money they are a no-brainer.

I can confirm **** pro have more sub bass with same mid bass bleed to original. Timbre is much better on Pro and more details also. Signature wise can be different preferences because **** Pro is brighter. I wrote my impressions on chinese iem thread few pages back.

Maybe seal problem or out of phase?

Dec 12, 2019 at 10:55 AM Post #21,677 of 31,833
Oops. Just pulled the trigger on yet more IEMs. LZ A6 mini and NiceHck DB3.
I think those are good purchases, many praise and talk about the A6 mini in a very positive light. They certainly shouldn't disappoint you, and besides I think both are great IEM's to add to your collection and try out.

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2019 at 10:59 AM Post #21,678 of 31,833
I think those are good purchases, many praise and talk about the A6 mini in a very positive light. They certainly shouldn't disappoint you, and besides I think both are great IEM's to add to your collection and try out.

Because I really need more IEMs...

Dec 12, 2019 at 11:09 AM Post #21,679 of 31,833
Just listened to my Blon and my wife's UrbanFun YBF-ISS014 and have to say the bass is tighter on the UrbanFun, Blon is a little boomy. Top end is similar so in my opinion the Urbanfun is the better earphone

The big question in my mind is how the UrbanFun YBF-ISS014 compares to the previous Urbanfuns (specifically the colored ones that were non-hybrid beryllium dynamics).

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2019 at 11:14 AM Post #21,680 of 31,833
Because I really need more IEMs...
Well, don't we all need more IEM's :darthsmile:
Side effects of Head-Fi are noticeable, and we have many people over here which are not shy to speak of it lol

Dec 12, 2019 at 2:51 PM Post #21,684 of 31,833
I can confirm **** pro have more sub bass with same mid bass bleed to original. Timbre is much better on Pro and more details also. Signature wise can be different preferences because **** Pro is brighter. I wrote my impressions on chinese iem thread few pages back.

Maybe seal problem or out of phase?

Somewhat agree with @DynamicEars here. With their short nozzle, it's difficult to get a good seal which kills the mid-bass. For me, it's a significant improvement over the standard version although, Pro version is equally divisive like it's standard version.

Dec 12, 2019 at 3:40 PM Post #21,685 of 31,833
**** showed up today, seemed fine at first but after a few hours the timbre of the treble started to get to me. back to the Tin T2 until my BA5 show up.
I want a pair of trn ba5 just to hear a pure ba set, and I love my v60s. But I think my wife would tut at me.

Dec 12, 2019 at 3:47 PM Post #21,686 of 31,833
Any **** V2 and SONY MH755 (modded mmcx with cable) owners here? I can't decide which one should I buy for casual use only, I will only use smartphone as my source for listening huawei nova 3i to be specific. The reason my choices are limited because I don't like over the ear type iem and the two that I mentioned are the only that I can buy with my budget. Which one should I buy? Which is more close to blon b03 and tfz t2?
I have a **** 8 core copper cable without ear guides and with. I use the looped one on my trn v60 over ear and the other one which is strangely thicker, on my blons, they can be worn over ear or straight down, with the left and right ear pieces reversed. One was £16 and the other was £18 from amazon UK. I prefer the thicker one (straight). Because it looks and feels so nice.

Dec 12, 2019 at 11:34 PM Post #21,687 of 31,833
I have asked @HungryPanda to compare... so maybe he can answer.

..also I never have any idea what "more refined " would sound like.

I only know if I like something or not.

I don't want to be responsible for influencing anyone's purchases.
@mbwilson111 , and @HungryPanda ,
Thank you both so much for your help, I'm sure I'm going to enjoy the UrbanFun YBF. :handshake::slight_smile:

-Clear

Dec 13, 2019 at 11:01 AM Post #21,688 of 31,833
Is that the third revision?

I have the third gen V2. It's a good package for the money as it comes with a nice carrying case and the stock cable is actually quite nice. That said, nowadays there's just better options for the money when in comes to sound quality. The main issue with the V2 3rd gen for me is the bass which bleeds way too much into the mids. It can make them sound boomy and overly warm despite the highs actually being quite nice and sparkly.

If SQ is your priority then I'd recommend the **** Pro as better option for a "straight down cable" IEM. They're just better tuned overall.

Dec 13, 2019 at 11:16 AM Post #21,689 of 31,833
I have the third gen V2. It's a good package for the money as it comes with a nice carrying case and the stock cable is actually quite nice. That said, nowadays there's just better options for the money when in comes to sound quality. The main issue with the V2 3rd gen for me is the bass which bleeds way too much into the mids. It can make them sound boomy and overly warm despite the highs actually being quite nice and sparkly.

If SQ is your priority then I'd recommend the **** Pro as better option for a "straight down cable" IEM. They're just better tuned overall.
Is **** pro open back? Open back also bothers me, and I already checked out my order.

Dec 13, 2019 at 11:17 AM Post #21,690 of 31,833

Will you also recommend trn im2?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back