CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Dec 13, 2019 at 11:19 AM Post #21,691 of 31,833
Is **** pro open back? Open back also bothers me, and I already checked out my order.

It is. If isolation is a major factor then you'll be disappointed. It's great for indoor listening but not for places like library which demand complete silence.

Dec 13, 2019 at 11:19 AM Post #21,692 of 31,833
Is **** pro open back? Open back also bothers me, and I already checked out my order.

It looks like it is though sound leakage is minimal if you block the nozzle (simulating them being in your ears). I don't have them with me, but I think the V2's are open back as well.

Dec 13, 2019 at 11:25 AM Post #21,694 of 31,833
I read a review that it is almost no sound leakage in v2, i hope it's true bec i will also use it outdoor/commute

Unless you'll be using them in a quiet library then this won't be a problem. I use the **** Pro on the train and background noise completely drowns out the sound leaking from them. From my POV, I can't hear anything but the music.

Dec 13, 2019 at 11:29 AM Post #21,695 of 31,833
Dec 13, 2019 at 11:35 AM Post #21,697 of 31,833
I didn't not see **** pro in online shop, too late. Is it much better than v2?

They're on Aliexpress. They sound much better to me, but we all have different ears and tuning preferences. Even just the tips you end up using with them can give you a different perspective than me. You can always just keep the V2 and get the **** Pro (or something else) later. Worse case you can do like me and use the V2 case to carry your other IEM's around. :beyersmile:

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2019 at 11:39 AM Post #21,698 of 31,833
They're on Aliexpress. They sound much better to me, but we all have different ears and tuning preferences. Even just the tips you end up using with them can you a different perspective than me. You can always just keep the V2 and get the **** Pro (or something else) later. Worse case you can do like me and use the V2 case to carry your other IEM's around. :beyersmile:
Okay thank you for your response, I'm just thinking i am wrong placing an order for **** v2, I hope it doesn't disappoint me. Btw it's it might be my first iem and i know almost zero about iems actually. Do you think it's not a bad decision right?

Dec 13, 2019 at 11:41 AM Post #21,699 of 31,833
I didn't not see **** pro in online shop, too late. Is it much better than v2?
Yes, the **** Pro is better in all areas, bass, mids, treble, detail, soundstage. Fit some good wide bore tips and the seal is excellent. V2 is a nice laid back IEM though, and very enjoyable.

Dec 13, 2019 at 11:46 AM Post #21,700 of 31,833
Okay thank you for your response, I'm just thinking i am wrong placing an order for **** v2, I hope it doesn't disappoint me. Btw it's it might be my first iem and i know almost zero about iems actually. Do you think it's not a bad decision right?

I enjoy the v2. I don't think you will be disappointed. Don't worry.. Just be happy that they are on the way. Enjoy your music.

Dec 13, 2019 at 11:58 AM Post #21,701 of 31,833

At some point in time the V2's were actually my favorite IEM. It's not that they're bad now, it's just that I eventually found better. Since they're your first IEM then I think you will be happy with them.

Since you're new to IEMs, just make sure you use ear tips that actually fit properly. You need an actual seal in your ears and not just a loose fit.

Dec 13, 2019 at 12:58 PM Post #21,702 of 31,833
Heh, the OG **** is back at $16 on LuckLZ. I skipped on it at that price during the summer sale, but am drawn towards it again.

But people are saying that the **** Pro is better than the Y*nY*o V2 now, so I guess I'll have to go with that.

Dec 13, 2019 at 1:23 PM Post #21,703 of 31,833
Any **** V2 and SONY MH755 (modded mmcx with cable) owners here? I can't decide which one should I buy for casual use only, I will only use smartphone as my source for listening huawei nova 3i to be specific. The reason my choices are limited because I don't like over the ear type iem and the two that I mentioned are the only that I can buy with my budget. Which one should I buy? Which is more close to blon b03 and tfz t2?

You know, that's an interesting question. I have both the MH755 and original Y*nY*o V2 (1st tuning).

The MH755 is probably closer to the BL-03 in terms of tuning. Both are Harman-esque, I think, with the BL-03 being more towards the Oxygen I'm told. I compared the BL-03 with the MH755 directly, and they are both on that spectrum. Definitely the MH755 has a 'natural' tuning where instruments just sound right. Surprisingly, it also has decent isolation, if you can get a good seal. Those are its strengths. Because it's a little 'thin' sounding for me, even though the bass is decent. It's also prefers AMP/DAC/DAP setups, as it benefits from more power. It's gentle, and I can imagine myself using the MH755 at nighttime to go to sleep.

The Y*nY*o V2 is not Harman-tuned. This isn't a big deal for me, Harman is just one nice tuning among others. I would say the OG V2 took a 'neutral' tuning as a starting point, and then made it more 'musical.' It's basically a Tin Audio T2 tuning but they played with the shape a little to make it more fun. I used to take the V2 everywhere with me, because it's really easy to drive from a mobile device. It doesn't need power or amping.

Fit of the V2 isn't very problematic, but I found it an absolute necessity to use foam tips in order to get the best seal. When you get a good seal, you can hear the uncluttered and complete V2 sound. I use Comply 400 tips. Size 500 might fit better, I'm not sure. Like others have said, the V2 is good for the more relaxing music, playing it softly and melodically. It's thick and warm, and can give pleasant vocals. It has better bass than the Tin T2, so it doesn't feel as if you are missing out on the pop and indie rock.

The V2 is probably a better IEM for mobile phones than the MH755, but it's actually pretty close. The MH755 might beat it in isolation for some people, although I wouldn't really want to drive it from a phone. V2 comes with a useful case, and MH755 doesn't. But you're taking a risk with the third and final tuning (currently available) because some say it is more boring and generic than the original V2. I'll know more when my 3rd tuning arrives.

Dec 13, 2019 at 2:07 PM Post #21,704 of 31,833
I have to say the more I listen to the **** **** pro the more I like them. When I first got them I thought they were going to be relegated to a drawer gathering dust, but after burn in they were way better. They are maybe a little too bright, but almost perfect to me. The details and sound stage are wonderful, and the bass and mids are great.

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2019 at 3:29 PM Post #21,705 of 31,833
I have to say the more I listen to the **** **** pro the more I like them. When I first got them I thought they were going to be relegated to a drawer gathering dust, but after burn in they were way better. They are maybe a little too bright, but almost perfect to me. The details and sound stage are wonderful, and the bass and mids are great.
That's how I hear them, the longer I listen to them, the better they get. Soundstage is huge and sub bass is deep and very well defined, not boomy. Treble extension is excellent with superb detail. Best £22 I have ever spent!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back