CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Sep 3, 2019 at 4:50 PM Post #19,637 of 31,833
Just received my TRN V90 today and grrrr they are out of phase. Message sent to seller

Good luck submitting a video of that. That’s one thing I dislike about audio products from Aliexpress.

Sep 3, 2019 at 5:01 PM Post #19,639 of 31,833
I turned one cable around and they do sound good, I bought them from the NiceHCK store so await a reply
You sure are unlucky. I believe it's not the first time this has happened to you?
Fortunately I never faced such a problem myself, or I'm just not aware.

Sep 3, 2019 at 5:16 PM Post #19,640 of 31,833
You will know it once You hear it :wink:
For about what to expect... listen to youtube samples of on-phase/out of phase.

Sep 3, 2019 at 5:23 PM Post #19,641 of 31,833
You sure are unlucky. I believe it's not the first time this has happened to you?

You will know it once You hear it :wink:
For about what to expect... listen to youtube samples of on-phase/out of phase.

Yup, you can check the link in my signature

Sep 3, 2019 at 8:47 PM Post #19,642 of 31,833
Right now, I am using a TRN V80 as a transit IEM, which is great. It has decent isolation, and a good fit. I like the bass, the soundstage and directionality, how it keeps up with fast tracks, and the surprising clarity of vocals on television programs.

But it's hardly perfect. The treble can be a bit harsh, and the tuning is very synthetic. Bass can get a little muddy, and it has a stressful presentation overall.

So, in some ways, I am looking for a 'better V80.' I tried the King Pro, and it has superior soundstage, clarity, and detail retrieval, but I find that it doesn't have any better isolation, and wants a more powerful source than a mobile device.

I also picked up a KZ ZS7, which has more impressive bass/treble synergy, but has harsh peaks, and I'm not sure about the isolation.

Now I have a ZS10 Pro and Semkarch CNT-1 on the way. I am seeing if the Pro can unseat the V80 for mobile, and I plan to use the CNT-1 with a home DAC.

For the future, I am looking into the CCA C10/C16 and the DMG / DM6. I think the DMG might be needed to get noticeable isolation + sound quality improvement over the V80.

I use the ZS10 Pro as my daily commuting driver on the subway/bus, and the isolation is above average. I've tried it on a few airplane rides too, very adequate. Good enough that I don't have to boost the volume to hear all the frequencies, especially since I find bass is the first frequency to be lost in a poorly isolating IEM.
I have used it for stage monitoring next to a set of noisy drums and it provides adequate isolation too IMHO.

But I do use Spinfit CP 100 eartips with them, it provides better isolation than the stock tips, YMMV.

Sep 4, 2019 at 12:47 AM Post #19,643 of 31,833
I use audiocheck every time I get a new IEM, or cable. It's just that I never actually got a unit that was out of phase.

Sep 4, 2019 at 6:39 AM Post #19,644 of 31,833
I use audiocheck every time I get a new IEM, or cable. It's just that I never actually got a unit that was out of phase.

I also do a check but I use a certain binaural recording that I am familiar with - Amber Rubarth Sessions from the 17th Ward.

Out of all the many iems and buds that I have ordered only these have arrived out of phase. I sent them straight back to Amazon. I hated the fit anyway so I did not try again. With all the good stuff that I have, I do not have time to struggle with this thing.

AKG/Samsung EO-IG955BSEGWW
515oWZKiAVL._SL1000_.jpg

Sep 4, 2019 at 9:20 AM Post #19,645 of 31,833
I already asked this in the TFZ thread, but maybe more people see it in here.
Can someone compare the TFZ T2 Galaxy, the TFZ My Love 2019 and the Semkarch CNT1 (and maybe the KZ ZS10Pro)?
I like a v-shape signature and the IEMs shouldn't stick out of the ear (that much) :)

Sep 4, 2019 at 9:59 AM Post #19,646 of 31,833
I already asked this in the TFZ thread, but maybe more people see it in here.
Can someone compare the TFZ T2 Galaxy, the TFZ My Love 2019 and the Semkarch CNT1 (and maybe the KZ ZS10Pro)?
I like a v-shape signature and the IEMs shouldn't stick out of the ear (that much) :)
I don't believe you're going to find the discontinued, Semkarch CNT1 for sale, unless you want to pay a premium for them. The KZ ZS10 Pro can't compete with the low end that TFZ offers, across their product line.

I have the TFZ MyLove 2019 and the No. 3. While they are in two separate price tiers, it does reflect in their respective abilities. The No.3 is just a better version of what the MyLove 2019 tries to achieve: sub bass that resonated, while retaining vocal clarity.

That's not to say that I'll be getting rid of the MyLoves anytime soon; they're great (in my opinion) for female vocalists from the 50s & 60s.

Sorry, no direct experience with the TFZ T2, Galaxy.

Sep 4, 2019 at 10:05 AM Post #19,647 of 31,833
That's not to say that I'll be getting rid of the MyLoves anytime soon; they're great (in my opinion) for female vocalists from the 50s & 60s

I think the My Love 2019 is great for much more than that! Very happy with mine.

The only other TFZ that I have heard is the TFZ Exclusive 3 which is long discontinued. I loved the sound but had terrible driver flex with them. I gave them to my husband and he is not experiencing driver flex.

Sep 4, 2019 at 10:12 AM Post #19,648 of 31,833
I think the My Love 2019 is great for much more than that! Very happy with mine.

The only other TFZ that I have heard is the TFZ Exclusive 3 which is long discontinued. I loved the sound but had terrible driver flex with them. I gave them to my husband and he is not experiencing driver flex.
No disagreement. I should've prefaced (in my response) that I'm treble sensitive. So the vocal veil that's inherent to the MyLove 2019s allow me to enjoy artists such as Shirley Bassey, Etta James, ...

When I bought the MyLoves, I was hoping to use them for DanceHall Reggae and 90s - early 2000s HipHop; that was a no go, as the vocals are too recessed, for my liking.

Sep 4, 2019 at 10:35 AM Post #19,649 of 31,833
It's worth noting that the sonic descriptions given in the link are not valid for headphones (neither the rumble tone nor the 75 tone would play louder in phase than out of phase with headphones). Only the imaging of the guitar can be used for reference. I take care of the in phase testing by having an audio plugin that inverts the right channel output of my player in real time. It is just much easier to notice with a range of actual music to play with and ability to switch in and out of phase in real time.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Sep 4, 2019 at 12:22 PM Post #19,650 of 31,833
I don't believe you're going to find the discontinued, Semkarch CNT1 for sale, unless you want to pay a premium for them. The KZ ZS10 Pro can't compete with the low end that TFZ offers, across their product line.

I have the TFZ MyLove 2019 and the No. 3. While they are in two separate price tiers, it does reflect in their respective abilities. The No.3 is just a better version of what the MyLove 2019 tries to achieve: sub bass that resonated, while retaining vocal clarity.

That's not to say that I'll be getting rid of the MyLoves anytime soon; they're great (in my opinion) for female vocalists from the 50s & 60s.

Sorry, no direct experience with the TFZ T2, Galaxy.

Price with Semkarch CNT1 won't be in issue, since there are stil some available for 43$.
So, how does the CNT1 compare and how much does each IEM stick out of the ears? :)

I will use the IEM mostly for electric music and rock, also some charts.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back