CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Sep 2, 2019 at 2:17 AM Post #19,621 of 31,833
I posted a new review of the Tri I4 In-Ear. It's a $69 IEM that's similar to a slightly warm Diffuse Field tuning, although I find it a tad bright, but overall enjoyable.

https://www.antdroid.net/2019/09/tri-i4-review.html

Also, I uploaded a batch of IEM measurements into a new measurement database i posted on my site.

Surprisingly the ZS10 Pro doesn't seem to get much love here imo. Top 5 best "Bang for Buck" IEMs out currently imo. Really enjoying em as my daily commute iem nowadays.
Maybe cause it doesn't have enough boom for the bass heads and not enough clarity for the reference sound loving crowd.

I really like the ZS10 Pro a lot. It got a ton of love when it first came out, but KZ releases 10 iems a month so it's like 3000 IEM models ago. :)

Sep 2, 2019 at 2:35 AM Post #19,622 of 31,833
Surprisingly the ZS10 Pro doesn't seem to get much love here imo. Top 5 best "Bang for Buck" IEMs out currently imo. Really enjoying em as my daily commute iem nowadays.
Maybe cause it doesn't have enough boom for the bass heads and not enough clarity for the reference sound loving crowd.
Probably cause its a KZ. People are trying to diversify their tastes after riding the hype train too long.

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2019 at 3:59 AM Post #19,623 of 31,833
nope, there are tons of "artifacts" on the aliexpress search results that either lead to "Sorry, this item is no longer available!" (CNT1) or that the page doesn't exist at all

so in short: I clicked on all search results and each said "Sorry, this item is no longer available!" - it really appears to be sold out

I found that ebay is still selling new Semkarch CNT1 @ $43 USD with free shipping. Decided to buy it since I missed the $35 USD ones on Ali, and they are totally sold out on AE now (and probably will not be in production again).

Some sellers on ebay are still selling it at $95 USD though. If you search "SKC-CNT1" on ebay more options will appear than if u typed "Semkarch", so just find the cheapest. I don't think I would have pulled the trigger at $95 USD for sure.

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2019 at 4:59 AM Post #19,624 of 31,833
Probably cause its a KZ. People are trying to diversify their tastes after riding the hype train too long.

For some reason this brought back a funny memory of a car review I read in a car mag 15 years ago. It was a Hyundai elantra or sonata. It had a pretty long list in the Pro column and then only one line in Con column. "It's a Hyundai" ha

Sep 2, 2019 at 9:52 AM Post #19,625 of 31,833
I found that ebay is still selling new Semkarch CNT1 @ $43 USD with free shipping. Decided to buy it since I missed the $35 USD ones on Ali, and they are totally sold out on AE now (and probably will not be in production again).

Some sellers on ebay are still selling it at $95 USD though. If you search "SKC-CNT1" on ebay more options will appear than if u typed "Semkarch", so just find the cheapest. I don't think I would have pulled the trigger at $95 USD for sure.
Well I am super interested in your take on these compared to your other IEMs esp No3, and Nine Tails. I have been looking to upgrade to a better single dynamic IEM but am so pleased with the CNT's that I don't know if the $100-$150 market now is a big enough jump to take.

Sep 2, 2019 at 9:57 AM Post #19,626 of 31,833
Well I am super interested in your take on these compared to your other IEMs esp No3, and Nine Tails. I have been looking to upgrade to a better single dynamic IEM but am so pleased with the CNT's that I don't know if the $100-$150 market now is a big enough jump to take.

Yep I'll definitely give u guys a comparison of these 3. Thanks for the recommendation @BadReligionPunk , I think u were the first one to highlight the CNT 1 to us even when it wasn't popular last time.
I suspect that the Ninetails and TFZ No. 3 may be sidegrades to the CNT1, since all were retailing around $100ish USD before the CNT1 underwent a firesale the past few days LOL.

Sep 2, 2019 at 10:06 AM Post #19,627 of 31,833
Yep I'll definitely give u guys a comparison of these 3. Thanks for the recommendation @BadReligionPunk , I think u were the first one to highlight the CNT 1 to us even when it wasn't popular last time.
I suspect that the Ninetails and TFZ No. 3 may be sidegrades to the CNT1, since all were retailing around $100ish USD before the CNT1 underwent a firesale the past few days LOL.
Cant wait. My impression after just reading reviews and how fast ChiFi moves is that 9T and No3 are probably better then CNT, but its also totally subjective. I don't have No3 or 9T so I cant say. I have to rely on reading reviews.

I just don't wait to sidegrade or even move up a couple notches tough. I want to move up quite a bit. The DLC driver in No3 and how apparently TFZ handles bass in their IEM(never tried one though) has me interested in that one. The other one and the one I should probably get before they are gone forever is the Kanas. The regular one with the boosted low end.

Sep 2, 2019 at 8:13 PM Post #19,628 of 31,833
Weird, I heard the TFZ T2 Galaxy are better.
...it`s about price vs. perf ratio :wink:
@CoiL i was just looking at your profile, and noticed you have mh755 in the ZS4 shell.. how it goes? does the sound differ much from the stock shell?
It works nicely but I haven`t bothered to mess with trying different filters for nozzle or air-ports adjustments... been enjoying music with KPE and there has been great music coming out lately :)
All my modding work is on-hold now cuz of house building and workplace change. Busy busy busy...

Sep 2, 2019 at 8:59 PM Post #19,629 of 31,833
It works nicely but I haven`t bothered to mess with trying different filters for nozzle or air-ports adjustments...

I have ZS3e on the way (from the recent Aliexpress sale), with the intention of MH755 driver swap. It was too cheap to pass up :)

If I don't like it with the MH755 drivers, I have some Knowles drivers I can use instead.

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2019 at 9:57 PM Post #19,631 of 31,833
hi everyone does anyone know where i can buy the eartips in this picture?

KZ-ZSN-Pro-with-eartips.jpg

Sep 3, 2019 at 3:23 AM Post #19,632 of 31,833
I have ZS3e on the way (from the recent Aliexpress sale), with the intention of MH755 driver swap. It was too cheap to pass up :)

If I don't like it with the MH755 drivers, I have some Knowles drivers I can use instead.

My husband and I actually both like our ZS3E as it is. It is a bass monster though.

Sep 3, 2019 at 5:23 AM Post #19,633 of 31,833
I could have bought the BQEYZ KC2 for $40USD at the Aliexpress sale but instead I bought the KB100 for $50USD, not on sale?

I guess I forgot what sales are for. Buying sale items! :wink:

KB100 won't disappoint you, I can assure you that :wink:

Sep 3, 2019 at 3:20 PM Post #19,634 of 31,833
Neither is great for isolation, I'm sorry to say.
Neither has a deep enough fit due to shortness of nozzle. I'd look elsewhere if that's your priority. What else do you have in mind?

Right now, I am using a TRN V80 as a transit IEM, which is great. It has decent isolation, and a good fit. I like the bass, the soundstage and directionality, how it keeps up with fast tracks, and the surprising clarity of vocals on television programs.

But it's hardly perfect. The treble can be a bit harsh, and the tuning is very synthetic. Bass can get a little muddy, and it has a stressful presentation overall.

So, in some ways, I am looking for a 'better V80.' I tried the King Pro, and it has superior soundstage, clarity, and detail retrieval, but I find that it doesn't have any better isolation, and wants a more powerful source than a mobile device.

I also picked up a KZ ZS7, which has more impressive bass/treble synergy, but has harsh peaks, and I'm not sure about the isolation.

Now I have a ZS10 Pro and Semkarch CNT-1 on the way. I am seeing if the Pro can unseat the V80 for mobile, and I plan to use the CNT-1 with a home DAC.

For the future, I am looking into the CCA C10/C16 and the DMG / DM6. I think the DMG might be needed to get noticeable isolation + sound quality improvement over the V80.

Sep 3, 2019 at 3:40 PM Post #19,635 of 31,833
The CNT-1 sounds very different to the TRN. It's a much more musical beast. I love it. The TRN next to the CNT sounds clinical and harsh. Still with the ZS10 Pro and the CNT-1 to choose from you will definitely know whether to head in the dynamic or BA/hybrid direction as and when you step up again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back