CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jul 30, 2019 at 9:50 PM Post #19,021 of 31,833
I ended up ordering these a few days ago too. Already shippped from NiceHck. I was reading some comments in my research and i saw people comparing them to ibasso IT01 in quality. I'm very excited to try them out after my recent chi-fi purge. But I do think I'll be taking an extended break from purchases after this. I have the sony mh755(amazing value), my pioneer se-ch3t(great all around), koss ksc75s(again, great value) with the koss kph30i on the way, and how these semarcks. It's hard to imagine how i improve in sound quality without having to really increase my budget. I think the only thing i'm really going to look into is some budget true wireless headphones. Tempted by the QCY product line but apprehensive to buy knowing some new chips are being released.

But i am definitely(hopefully) not buying anymore sub $20 headphones. I'd rather buy the sony mh755 and learn how to do cable mods. Wonder if i could add a microphone to them..?

These cables have a Mic/Remote control, which I believe will work with Android & iPhones. - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32817008191.html

Jul 30, 2019 at 10:25 PM Post #19,022 of 31,833
WOW, great timing. Is the NX7 at double the price worth buying if you had the 10 PRO in your opinion?

For me personally...I would say yes. If the price difference was $100+ then I'd say no.

PS. I do own the 10pro. I should note that the NX7 and 10pro are not exactly the same. 10pro are heavier and NX7 shell is slimmer and has a shorter nozzle. Comply foams (left) are very comfortable but rolls off bass and treble too much. JVC spiral dots (middle) I couldn't get a good seal for my ears...I use these for shallow insertion. Nx7 and 10pro sounds best to me with a deep insertion. The orange Symbio W tips are my preferred tips and we're used for the comparison.

20190726_134918.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2019 at 12:37 AM Post #19,023 of 31,833
The Biosonicr review of Blon BL-03 seems quite favourable, as it is the review of the new and yet unknown TRI- I4 IEM.

Actually the review of the TRI-I4 hyped me a lot.

Here's the review of blon BL-03(use google translator to english):http://bisonicr.ldblog.jp/archives/55781409.htm, by the description (severely impaired by the translation) it seems "cold and neutral" but at the same time with emphasis on lows and highs and very easy on the ear. Looks like matches the graph i saw on aliexpress that suggested some kind of harman-ish tunning.

However, what impressed me most was the third party sleeves that he used to cover the gap on the horrible two pin connector of the IEM with the third party cable, look:

He gave a link to buy the sleeves on amazon(https://amzn.to/317VpQ), if anyone find this on aliexpress let me know, altought it's hard to convince me to pay shipping for this LOL.

41e1ab8a.jpg

ea5f6a56.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2019 at 1:35 AM Post #19,024 of 31,833
The Biosonicr review of Blon BL-03 seems quite favourable, as it is the review of the new and yet unknown TRI- I4 IEM.

Actually the review of the TRI-I4 hyped me a lot.

Here's the review of blon BL-03(use google translator to english):http://bisonicr.ldblog.jp/archives/55781409.htmlhttp://bisonicr.ldblog.jp/archives/55781409.html, by the description (severely impaired by the translation) it seems "cold and neutral" but at the same time with emphasis on lows and highs and very easy on the ear. Looks like matches the graph i saw on aliexpress that suggested some kind of harman-ish tunning.

However, what impressed me most was the third party sleeves that he used to cover the gap on the horrible two pin connector of the IEM with the third party cable, look:
He gave a link to buy the sleeves on amazon(https://amzn.to/317VpQ), if anyone find this on aliexpress let me know, altought it's hard to convince me to pay shipping for this LOL.

41e1ab8a.jpg

ea5f6a56.jpg

If you're not taking your cable off frequently, I would think a simple piece of heat shrink would work well too.
And you can colour code it left and right too if you desire.

Jul 31, 2019 at 2:33 AM Post #19,025 of 31,833
I am looking forward to receiving my Semkarch CNT1.
A review on Headfi says they were tuned by Mr. LZ and were created by a subsidiary of the LZ Company. Even though I dont know who these people are... I still think Penon's $95USD price of these is too high.

Jul 31, 2019 at 3:53 AM Post #19,026 of 31,833
How do the Semkarch CNT1 compare to the KZ AS10 or the MH755? I'm struggling to find any measurements

Jul 31, 2019 at 7:22 AM Post #19,027 of 31,833

In that photo of the Blon, I actually like the look better with the gap. However, I am happily using the stock cable though. I feel no need to change it.

Actually the gap reminds me of how MMCX earbuds look so I am used to it. I recently photographed my MMCX buds and posted a photo here last night: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/earbuds-round-up.441400/page-2921#post-15093160

A review on Headfi says they were tuned by Mr. LZ and were created by a subsidiary of the LZ Company. Even though I dont know who these people are... I still think Penon's $95USD price of these is too high.

The Semkarch is not a new product. It was first reviewed in May 2018. Judging by the photos and reviews, it was priced to compete with others that were around $100. Penon seems to be unaware that everyone else is now selling it at the low price of $32.

Jul 31, 2019 at 8:41 AM Post #19,028 of 31,833
Semkarch is dope. It was tuned by LZ, and at $95 was a good deal. I got mine last 11/11 for $65 and have been using them as my number 1 since. Very smooth and fatigue free. I prefer black filter(treble increase) over the bronze filter(bass increase) and wide bore tips over the included sony hybrid copies.
semakarchblack.jpg

@Dani157 the ed9 filters don't work. The CNT1 uses LZ and DMG filters.

Jul 31, 2019 at 8:45 AM Post #19,029 of 31,833
If you're not taking your cable off frequently, I would think a simple piece of heat shrink would work well too.
And you can colour code it left and right too if you desire.

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2019 at 8:46 AM Post #19,030 of 31,833
Semkarch is dope. It was tuned by LZ, and at $95 was a good deal. I got mine last 11/11 for $65 and have been using them as my number 1 since. Very smooth and fatigue free. I prefer black filter(treble increase) over the bronze filter(bass increase) and wide bore tips over the included sony hybrid copies.

@Dani157 the ed9 filters don't work. The CNT1 uses LZ and DMG filters.

The Semkarch graph sure looks interesting. I'm still looking for a good DD IEM. How's the clarity and details for this IEM?

Jul 31, 2019 at 9:31 AM Post #19,031 of 31,833
Jul 31, 2019 at 9:34 AM Post #19,032 of 31,833
Moondrop KXXS ?

Yeah I've only heard good things about the KXXS and may get it when they're on sale. Am doing more research on other DD options too.

Do u have a comparison of the Moondrop KXXS vs kansas pro?

Jul 31, 2019 at 9:44 AM Post #19,033 of 31,833
Yeah I've only heard good things about the KXXS and may get it when they're on sale. Am doing more research on other DD options too.

Do u have a comparison of the Moondrop KXXS vs kansas pro?
Just read moondrop thread about both and look KXXS vs. KPE graphs to understand differences.
I`m currently settled with modified KPE, so no need to get KXXS but if I had no KPE, would take KXXS instantly :)
Btw it is Kanas not kansas.
Another choice would be Tanchjim Oxygen but since You already have TFZ No.3 and TK9T, then I think KXXS would be something little different. Maybe even grab KPE when it is still available as the have pretty rare tuning among chi-fi with its "dead-flat" mid-bass.
All depends what You are looking from single DD IEM ?

Jul 31, 2019 at 9:47 AM Post #19,034 of 31,833
Just read moondrop thread about both and look KXXS vs. KPE graphs to understand differences.
I`m currently settled with modified KPE, so no need to get KXXS but if I had no KPE, would take KXXS instantly :)
Btw it is Kanas not kansas.
Another choice would be Tanchjim Oxygen but since You already have TFZ No.3 and TK9T, then I think KXXS would be something little different. Maybe even grab KPE when it is still available as the have pretty rare tuning among chi-fi with its "dead-flat" mid-bass.
All depends what You are looking from single DD IEM ?

K thanks for the good advise. Oops, I have always thought it was called Kansas instead of Kanas haha. Thanks for correcting me.

Jul 31, 2019 at 10:12 AM Post #19,035 of 31,833
K thanks for the good advise. Oops, I have always thought it was called Kansas instead of Kanas haha. Thanks for correcting me.

Many people read it that way at first. The brain is a funny thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back