CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jul 30, 2019 at 5:11 PM Post #19,006 of 31,833
Before i purchased the nex602 i asked revonext thru Amazon how the sound improved over predecessors to justify new price point.

Here's what they said, "hi, thanks for your message and we appreciate your continuous support! I have to say the sound of NEX 602 and 202 are great and focus on more details based on our analysis and tests. I can not say that the sound is greatly improved since sound quality is always good and different IEM just has different features and focus and sound also very related to your devices and the style of music etc...NEX602 has good bass with very detailed performance in both mids and treble while NEX202 is cheaper and good but not that detailed like 602 since their structures/drivers...The workmanship is greatly improved for both NEX202 and 602...you can see the upgraded plug tooling and there is also memory foam/carrying case in 602...That pure CNC metal housing is so excellently built and I do not mind you compare it with a 1000 USD IEM...THANKS again"

Here's my reply now I've had them, "i'm sorry to say this, but the 602 is NOTHING like you've described, in fact they're really poor sounding and nowhere near the £100 price point. You're competing against a LOT of good earphones at this point and the 602 doesn't stand up. The sibilance is appalling. It actually hurts listening to it. i gave the NEX602 18 hours burn in hoping the sibilance would be tamed, tried Spinfits, foams, wide bores and nothing. Same with different sources. All similar.

Mids are recessed and very dry sounding. Vocals sound hidden and like they're in a vacuum.

Treble is very bright which is fine as many other audiophile earphones go for that higher level of extension, but like the mids they sound dry and unconvincing. Detail is there but you can't get round the piercing quality of some instruments and vocals. It's just SO sharp.

Soundstage is narrow and as I've mentioned there is a vacuum like sound which sucks the air out of the space in between instruments.

Build and fit are decent, but they're VERY light. Maybe that's just the material you've used but I'd be scared they'd break with stress, especially when this is mentioned in your description on the sale page (where they say)... "The balanced armature driver belongs to high precision units, the collision of earphones is easy to cause changes in sound, please use it carefully". Not many earphones try sell their units by saying be careful they might break easy". But sadly when i hold them i feel how fragile they are so guess you might be right..

Compared to your own QT5 you've gone backwards I'm afraid. That is better built and even thought the sound has similarities, it's clear you've tried to tame the big bass and thin the sound out a bit for detail, especially treble. The RX8S sounds more audiophile than the 602. The huge price difference baffles me? I guess this is down to materials used and not how they've been tuned to sound.

I'm really sorry to be so brutally honest, but i'm let down as you're earlier models are so good. I was expecting flagship sound. How you can mentioned $1000 is unclear to me? You're up against so many good hybrids from BGVP, KZ, Tini Hifi, TFZ, BQEYZ, ****, and many many more... if you want to compete at the higher price points then you must do better with your tuning.

Sadly will be returning the nex602".

Have you checked if they are out of phase?

It coub be it, based on your description.

Jul 30, 2019 at 5:17 PM Post #19,007 of 31,833
Soundstage is narrow and as I've mentioned there is a vacuum like sound which sucks the air out of the space in between instruments.

Have you checked if they are out of phase?

It coub be it, based on your description.

That is a very good description of an out of phase iem or bud. It could be the wiring in one earpiece or the cable could ne the problem. First try reversing the pins on ONE side.

Jul 30, 2019 at 5:29 PM Post #19,008 of 31,833
That is a very good description of an out of phase iem or bud. It could be the wiring in one earpiece or the cable could be the problem. First try reversing the pins on ONE side.

Just tried that out and nothing changes. I've already tried different cables too. I don't think it's a fault, it kinda reminds me of the TRN-V80. It's like they've tried to tune it to something along the lines of the TFZ Ex 5.

EDIT : I've tried the cable out on the ZS10 Pro and the cables seems fine and little (to no) change on the sound of the KZ

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2019 at 6:03 PM Post #19,009 of 31,833
Just tried that out and nothing changes

That is kind of strange. If you reversed the pins on ONE side only, you would have put it out of phase (assuming it was already in phase). That would have changed the sound.

If it was out of phase from the beginning then reversing the pins on one piece should have widened the soundstage and gotten rid of the hollow weird sound.

This reminds me of something my husband was recabling and no matter what he did with the wiring it did not sound right. finally he found that the solder joints were messed up and he was able to fix it. Another time it turned out that one of the drivers was wound wrong and he had to trash that driver.

Whatever the problem is, they obviously need to be sent back. Sadly, Amazon will just send them to someone else. If you have packaged it perfectly they probably will pass it off as new.

It will be interesting to see if anyone else has a problem.

Jul 30, 2019 at 6:27 PM Post #19,010 of 31,833
I have a Bqeyz KB1 that came wired out of phase, however, it was not the cable, but the internal pin. I opened and reversed it.

It is indeed strange, as @mbwilson111 said. Reversing the pins on one side SHOULD change the sound, making them on phase - in case of the iem being out of phase. Or otherwise.

One simple test is getting the IEMs to play something and face the two nozzles right away, if the sound get's quieter, it's out of phase.

Jul 30, 2019 at 6:38 PM Post #19,011 of 31,833
IMG_20190730_135211.jpg

I received these NiceHCK NX7 today. Let's see if they are worth my money. Will burn them in overnight.

Jul 30, 2019 at 7:04 PM Post #19,012 of 31,833
That is kind of strange. If you reversed the pins on ONE side only, you would have put it out of phase (assuming it was already in phase). That would have changed the sound.

If it was out of phase from the beginning then reversing the pins on one piece should have widened the soundstage and gotten rid of the hollow weird sound.

This reminds me of something my husband was recabling and no matter what he did with the wiring it did not sound right. finally he found that the solder joints were messed up and he was able to fix it. Another time it turned out that one of the drivers was wound wrong and he had to trash that driver.

Whatever the problem is, they obviously need to be sent back. Sadly, Amazon will just send them to someone else. If you have packaged it perfectly they probably will pass it off as new.

It will be interesting to see if anyone else has a problem.

Thanks for the suggestions. I really wanted this to sound good as well. Yeah, it will be interesting if anyone comes out with a different review here or elsewhere but IMO they're working fine, just not tuned particularly well. Def not to the level of $1000 as they claim.

Think I'll go get the much discussed BLON BL03 from Alie... looking at the NICEHCK N7 too (but not much on it apart from a Chinese article, which surprisingly got translated quite well lol).

Seem to be a lot of crazy hybrids cheap these days.

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2019 at 7:06 PM Post #19,013 of 31,833
Thanks for the suggestions. I really wanted this to sound good as well. Yeah, it will be interesting if anyone comes out with a different review here or elsewhere but IMO they're working fine, just not tuned particularly well. Def not to the level of $1000 as they claim.

I am looking forward to receiving my Semkarch CNT1.

Jul 30, 2019 at 7:08 PM Post #19,014 of 31,833
Ill make this short since I'm on my lunch break. NX7 sounds similar to ZS10Pro. Some difference I picked out between them:
== about 50hrs burn in ==
* nx7 bass is quicker and few db lower but goes extends just as low
* ZS10Pro bass has more bass rumble
* nx7 seems to have more clarity and resolution in the higher treble region...I feel tuning is slightly brighter
* ZS10Pro mids are slightly more upfront
* ZS10Pro soundstage slightly wider

I prefer the NX7 over ZS10Pro and listen mostly to r&b and hip-hop.

Jul 30, 2019 at 7:11 PM Post #19,016 of 31,833
Ill make this short since I'm on my lunch break. NX7 sounds similar to ZS10Pro. Some difference I picked out between them:
== about 50hrs burn in ==
* nx7 bass is quicker and few db lower but goes extends just as low
* ZS10Pro bass has more bass rumble
* nx7 seems to have more clarity and resolution in the higher treble region...I feel tuning is slightly brighter
* ZS10Pro mids are slightly more upfront
* ZS10Pro soundstage slightly wider

I prefer the NX7 over ZS10Pro and listen mostly to r&b and hip-hop.

WOW, great timing. Is the NX7 at double the price worth buying if you had the 10 PRO in your opinion?

Jul 30, 2019 at 7:12 PM Post #19,017 of 31,833
Jul 30, 2019 at 7:26 PM Post #19,019 of 31,833
69% off.

Add to Cart

I think they are being closed out because most the ali sellers have them for that price now Penon still wants $95 Lol... but a year or more ago people were loving them for that price. They look like they will be well built.

Jul 30, 2019 at 9:28 PM Post #19,020 of 31,833
I think they are being closed out because most the ali sellers have them for that price now Penon still wants $95 Lol... but a year or more ago people were loving them for that price. They look like they will be well built.

I ended up ordering these a few days ago too. Already shippped from NiceHck. I was reading some comments in my research and i saw people comparing them to ibasso IT01 in quality. I'm very excited to try them out after my recent chi-fi purge. But I do think I'll be taking an extended break from purchases after this. I have the sony mh755(amazing value), my pioneer se-ch3t(great all around), koss ksc75s(again, great value) with the koss kph30i on the way, and how these semarcks. It's hard to imagine how i improve in sound quality without having to really increase my budget. I think the only thing i'm really going to look into is some budget true wireless headphones. Tempted by the QCY product line but apprehensive to buy knowing some new chips are being released.

But i am definitely(hopefully) not buying anymore sub $20 headphones. I'd rather buy the sony mh755 and learn how to do cable mods. Wonder if i could add a microphone to them..?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back