CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jun 18, 2019 at 9:40 AM Post #18,436 of 31,833
While poking around on AliExpress, I came across this Audio Sense T180, which is the single balanced armature (Knowles RAF-32873) version of their T100 single dynamic driver earphone, that I recently bought.
It's difficult to tell, from just looking at the photo, whether the nozzle is as thin as the one on the T100.
So, I've ordered a set, to see if they sound as good, and are as comfortable to wear.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/AUD...phile-HiFi-Balanced-Armature/32982997571.html
AUDIOSENSE-T180-Knowles-Single-BA-In-Ear-Monitor-Earbuds-Earphone-Detachable-MMCX-Audiophile-HiFi-Balanced-Armature.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2019 at 2:41 PM Post #18,437 of 31,833
While poking around on AliExpress, I came across this Audio Sense T180, which is the single balanced armature (Knowles RAF-32873) version of their T100 single dynamic driver earphone, that I recently bought.
It's difficult to tell, from just looking at the photo, whether the nozzle is as thin as the one on the T100.
So, I've ordered a set, to see if they sound as good, and are as comfortable to wear.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/AUD...phile-HiFi-Balanced-Armature/32982997571.html
AUDIOSENSE-T180-Knowles-Single-BA-In-Ear-Monitor-Earbuds-Earphone-Detachable-MMCX-Audiophile-HiFi-Balanced-Armature.jpg
Nice! Very tempting.

Not been here for about a month. Does anyone have a link or own tips to great mid summer Ali sales? What not to overlook?

Jun 18, 2019 at 3:03 PM Post #18,438 of 31,833
KZ ZSN Pro
I've always beem curious abt the KZ ZSN and when the opportunity to land the ZSN Pro at a discounted price (coupons from the mobile app, yay!) and having read mixed reviews online, i told myself, "dang, why not give it a try?"

The KZ ZSN Pro sports 2 drivers, one BA and one DD hence its a hybrid with very solid body and faceplate. I got the black one with darker faceplate which imo, doesnt look as sleek as the ones with the silver plate. Does this affect the sound, hell yes! It alters my perception of the earpiece and when i put them on, i tell myself "dang, they dont look nice so it wont sound good"... Who am i kidding.

There are 2 vents that i can find on the body, one on the faceplate and one near the DD. Isolation is decent-good, not fantastic but it does its job.

Anw, the 2pin connector is the newer version, with the male protruding on the earpiece itself and the female being the cable. I order a non mic version and i got one with mic which i didnt use it, so i used the one that came with the KZ AS10. U can forcefully (not really) push it in and they work well enough. Reason for not using the stock cable is due to my perception that a mic will affect the sound. That again, is my perception.

So the sound. First of all, i need to put a disclaimer, i usually use IEMs on commute and at home, music preference is very liberal, any genres will do. Sound signature will be clear highs with good mids and light on bass.

So what do i think of the ZSN Pro? They have a very straight in ur face kind of music, depth is weird(?!), instruments separation is ok. Kind of V shaped, bass heavy and for someone who isnt treble sensitive, this is a ducking (just recently joked with my gf that i have a phobia of ducks xD) pair of treble cannons. They are just so loud - the highs. That said, they bring good clarity which i like but i couldnt listen to Foxy Shazam (they are pretty good btw, do check them out if u love Queen) Welcome to the Church of Rock and Roll album's first 2 track as they were super shouty.

So i was like, "damn, life is full of regrets and this is one of them" so i just chuck it on my desk for awhile. Then came one day i was like why not try something like putting a foam on (inspired by the Sony MH755). So i just tried removing the mesh, use a earbud foam, fold it into half from the side (make it 4 layers) and wrapped it over the earpiece (see below Fig. 1)

This tames the high a little and did i mention earlier the sound stage is pretty weird? The trebles were so near and the mids were more distant and the bass was also awkward so doing this not only lessen the trebles, i find the stage to be more linear.

Either way if u have only $10 to spend on a earpiece, just do urself a favour and get 3 Sony MH755. Or maybe just 2 with shipping Why 3? Because when one spoils, u got a backup. And what about the other? When ur other half picks them up for a ride they probably wont return it to u (didnt happened to me, but i can see this happening) so, yay! I dont hate it but i find the flaws outweigh the pros, and for the price i personally recommend the ED9 or even the EDR1.

Fig. 1
IMG_20190619_020709.jpgSry for potato quality photos and collage xD

Attachments

• IMG_20190619_020709.jpg
    IMG_20190619_020709.jpg
    561.2 KB · Views: 0
Jun 18, 2019 at 3:08 PM Post #18,439 of 31,833

Wow that looks interesting, will have my ears out for that. So damn cheap. How?

Jun 19, 2019 at 12:04 PM Post #18,445 of 31,833
KZ EDR1
So to continue with the story of the KZ ZSN Pro, as i got the wrong cable with mic, i reached out to the seller and he agreed to send a replacement by placing an order for tips or whatever and he will send it together. Initially i thought "oh, he probably will be like Jim from NiceHCK where u place an order for the replacement item without paying, Jim will adjust the price of ur order before u pay for it" so i happily placed another order for the ZSN Pro, thinking he will do just that. Anw i purchase it on shopee, not AE.

After clearing the miscommunication, i looked through their store page and my grab app and i have another S$5 coupon and i'm like "let me find something that cost ard S$5" so i looked through and had the urge to order the new 16 core TRN cable (if anyone bought it, is it good? I dont need muscles on my upper ears, so lifting the 16 core cable is too much for them delicate soft bone)

So i continued looking through and wait, the KZ EDR1, i remb seeing people mention good things abt them. So i just added in a velcro cable management tape and with the coupon, i paid S$0.04 for both after the coupon.

As i already had a workable cable, i didnt track the delivery and when it arrived, i was still as excited and quickly unboxed it and have a go. So just a little abt the EDR1 is that it has a DD, opened back and... that's all. The first impression was pleasant, nice wide stage, decent isolation, good bass due to the open back and again, cannons on the trebles, baby. No not really, i just feel that the highs are too sharp for me, perhaps i am sensitive to trebles afterall xD Amongst the small sample of KZs i have, the only 2 that didnt disappoint me out of the box are the KZ AS10 and ED9 though the former has its own share of flaws (due to its price tag), and that's like 2/8. Maybe 3/8 (see below) that doesnt suit my taste and maybe not a small sample size after all (thanks to the community here, i guess). Good thing abt KZ is that they are really liquid as there are a lot of takers for pre-loved ones here in SG.

But as i kinda like the EDR1 (body is sleek) and its sound and the open back is something else, i thought of the MH755 (again) where they placed a small foam beneath the mesh to lighten the trebles, so i just flipped through my earbud foam and found the answer, the freaking round 'not useless anymore' foam that gets stuck with the foam after cutting (see fig. 2), halved if then half it again (u could say i quartered them xD) and push it under the mesh. The treble did became very bearable and when my gears sound good, i am happy. So i can say with the EDR1 (after the mod), i am a happy man.

For just S$3.70, make it S$4, and if u dont have the money so spend on expensive earphones and need one, just skip 2 ducking meals, hell 3 ducking meals even and get the EDR1.

Disclaimer: I cannot guarantee the longevity of the earpiece and health is wealth so please DO NOT skip ur meals for this EDR1.
Disclaimer 2: Who am i scapegoating, even if i dont frequent this place i will probably spend stupid money on some KZs again

Fig.2 (the not so useless piece of something)
IMG_20190619_235613.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2019 at 12:49 PM Post #18,446 of 31,833
Its possible that you are treble sensitive as edr1 is generally a warm iem. Also did yours come in a white box that you had to pull apart to open? The edr1 I have came in that packaging and already had a red foam stuck in it. I believe that slater recommend you pull it out to let it breath a bit. I never did, and for $3 It's a really good sounding iem. I was expecting some bass bloated veiled mids rolled off highs monstrosity.

Anyway at least you can mod them to your preference. Good job!

Jun 20, 2019 at 2:48 AM Post #18,447 of 31,833
The **** was released more than 6 months ago. What are the odds of a updated **** being released ? (Maybe with better tonality/timber)

I'm thinking of getting a **** during the current sale. $17.25 is lowest afaik.

Jun 20, 2019 at 6:37 PM Post #18,449 of 31,833
Jun 21, 2019 at 2:41 AM Post #18,450 of 31,833
Looking for an upgrade from banned V2 and i am trying to decide between Toneking Ninetails and the TFZ No. 3
Anybody has both and can suggests one over the other?
Thanks!!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back