CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jun 9, 2019 at 7:21 AM Post #18,286 of 31,833
How's the mic cable on the dzat dt-10? I might get it just for that cable, I've been unable to find a well built mic cable.

Have you tried BGVP DX3? Mic is not the best but works ok. The SQ, on the other hand, is very good for the price IMO. It's a mixed cable with the full sound characteristic of the pure copper, but with a more open high range because of silver plated.

In any case, I want to give a try to DT-10 cable too when finally receive it.

Jun 9, 2019 at 7:53 AM Post #18,288 of 31,833
@Nimweth. Are you gonna make review of KB Ear F1? Im curious comparison to T3.

Jun 9, 2019 at 9:42 AM Post #18,289 of 31,833
@Nimweth. Are you gonna make review of KB Ear F1? Im curious comparison to T3.
Yes, I will, it will be a short review and not as detailed as my review of the T3, it is in progress now and I hope to post it soon in this thread.

Jun 9, 2019 at 9:52 AM Post #18,290 of 31,833
my fun settings for ****, i am speechless, that thing can get brutal without bloat, retaining all the clarity in mids and treble with powerful deep hits
Moondrop who? Final E5000, what is that?
Screenshot (319),.jpg
Screenshot (319).png

Jun 9, 2019 at 10:37 AM Post #18,291 of 31,833
my fun settings for ****, i am speechless, that thing can get brutal without bloat, retaining all the clarity in mids and treble with powerful deep hits
Moondrop who? Final E5000, what is that?

What’s your C16 graph look like? I see it listed in your EQ settings

I’m curious how close it looks to my C16 Rockbox one...

Jun 9, 2019 at 10:47 AM Post #18,293 of 31,833
I have completed my testing of the KBEAR F1 and here is my short review:

The KB EAR (sometimes writen KBEAR) F1 is a single BA IEM. The packaging is fairly basic, with a simple box with a colour illustration of the IEMs on the front and specifications on the rear. Opening the box reveals the IEMs in a foam cut-out along with three pairs of silicone tips with a red bore of medium diameter, with the medium size pre-fitted. Below the cut-out there is a white box with the KBEAR logo inside which there is the cable and a set of three Starline tips.

The earpieces are formed from a transparent amber-coloured resin through which the components can be seen. They are L-shaped and of a square section, with the MMCX socket located in the base. The supplied cable is silver-plated and has a very long run from the Y-split to the earpieces which results in a tendency to tangle. The 3.5mm plug is finished in a brushed aluminium as is the y-split dongle. The BA used is numbered “32257” and is a full-range unit, possibly made by Bellsing and based on the Knowles unit with the same number.

The earphones were left burning in for over 50 hours before testing and included tracks of white and pink noise, glide tones and other audio conditioning tracks. After this I used a Hifi Walker H2 DAP with a Fiio A5 amplifier for evaluation.

The overall balance was neutral with the midrange somewhat forward and a slightly brighter than neutral treble with good extension. The very natural, even-handed quality of the sound suited every type of music except, perhaps, bass-heavy genres.

Unsurprisingly for a full-range BA the bass was a little reserved but there was some sub-bass presence, albeit reduced in level. Based on what I heard, I would estimate that the bass roll-off begins at around 50Hz. The rest of the bass region was neutral, with good texture and resolution and high levels of detail. Decay was quick and clean. The bass responded well to EQ; I employed the bass boost on my Fiio A5 amplifier and gained some extra depth and warmth in the lower registers, resulting in a more relaxing sound.

The midrange also displayed good detail and imaging due to the forward nature of the presentation. This did somewhat reduce the impression of depth, however, but width and height were well portrayed. There was good transparency and spatial and directional cues were well handled. The transient attack was also notable which endowed the sound with an attractive immediacy and a lively presentation. There was a slight increase towards the upper midrange and this gradual climb continued into the lower treble, after which the response flattened out and maintained a good level into the extreme HF.

The treble was clean and smooth with above average levels of detail and resolution. Stereo imaging was very good. There was a good sense of “air” and sparkle and sibilance only occurred when actually present in the recording.

The KBEAR F1 is a good example of an IEM with a full-range single BA. The superior transient capability of the armature results in a sound full of life and verve which keeps you on the edge of your seat. Although generally well-balanced in tonality, the treble was a little north of neutral. At its current price of around 28 GBP it represents excellent value. It does not quite attain the quality of the Tin Audio T3 (which is a hybrid with a Knowles BA) but it is around half the price and does share some of the T3’s sound profile, only falling short in the bass department.

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2019 at 10:53 AM Post #18,294 of 31,833
i made a not very positive review on Simgot EM1 - https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/simgot-em1.23599/reviews#review-22173
but that was with the stock tips with no EQ, today i tried them with sony mh1c tips with deep fit and the roughness in the upper mids is gone, with bass EQ they are so fun and enjoyable now, amazing how small bore tips with deep fit can cure grain and roughness on some in ears
IMG_20190609_165409.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2019 at 11:01 AM Post #18,295 of 31,833

Nice, thanks for posting it :)

That’s kind of odd that the EQ options jump from 300Hz all the way to 11kHz. Is that pre-cooked into the software, or can you control the EQ frequencies?

Jun 9, 2019 at 11:03 AM Post #18,296 of 31,833
Nice, thanks for posting it :)

That’s kind of odd that the EQ options jump from 300Hz all the way to 11kHz. Is that pre-cooked into the software, or can you control the EQ frequencies?
i can control the frequencies, the 300hz after that was for in ear with too much upper bass i think, but because i am not using that slider for my in ears that i have now i just left it there on zero db
the treble after that is about right what i am using most of the time, i EQ only bass and treble, i am not messing with the mids, is not working for me

Jun 9, 2019 at 11:38 AM Post #18,297 of 31,833
I have completed my testing of the KBEAR F1 and here is my short review:

The KB EAR (sometimes writen KBEAR) F1 is a single BA IEM. The packaging is fairly basic, with a simple box with a colour illustration of the IEMs on the front and specifications on the rear. Opening the box reveals the IEMs in a foam cut-out along with three pairs of silicone tips with a red bore of medium diameter, with the medium size pre-fitted. Below the cut-out there is a white box with the KBEAR logo inside which there is the cable and a set of three Spinfit-style tips.

The earpieces are formed from a transparent amber-coloured resin through which the components can be seen. They are L-shaped and of a square section, with the MMCX socket located in the base. The supplied cable is silver-plated and has a very long run from the Y-split to the earpieces which results in a tendency to tangle. The 3.5mm plug is finished in a brushed aluminium as is the y-split dongle. The BA used is numbered “32257” and is a full-range unit, possibly made by Bellsing and based on the Knowles unit with the same number.

The earphones were left burning in for over 50 hours before testing and included tracks of white and pink noise, glide tones and other audio conditioning tracks. After this I used a Hifi Walker H2 DAP with a Fiio A5 amplifier for evaluation.

The overall balance was neutral with the midrange somewhat forward and a slightly brighter than neutral treble with good extension. The very natural, even-handed quality of the sound suited every type of music except, perhaps, bass-heavy genres.

Unsurprisingly for a full-range BA the bass was a little reserved but there was some sub-bass presence, albeit reduced in level. Based on what I heard, I would estimate that the bass roll-off begins at around 50Hz. The rest of the bass region was neutral, with good texture and resolution and high levels of detail. Decay was quick and clean. The bass responded well to EQ; I employed the bass boost on my Fiio A5 amplifier and gained some extra depth and warmth in the lower registers, resulting in a more relaxing sound.

The midrange also displayed good detail and imaging due to the forward nature of the presentation. This did somewhat reduce the impression of depth, however, but width and height were well portrayed. There was good transparency and spatial and directional cues were well handled. The transient attack was also notable which endowed the sound with an attractive immediacy and a lively presentation. There was a slight increase towards the upper midrange and this gradual climb continued into the lower treble, after which the response flattened out and maintained a good level into the extreme HF.

The treble was clean and smooth with above average levels of detail and resolution. Stereo imaging was very good. There was a good sense of “air” and sparkle and sibilance only occurred when actually present in the recording.

The KBEAR F1 is a good example of an IEM with a full-range single BA. The superior transient capability of the armature results in a sound full of life and verve which keeps you on the edge of your seat. Although generally well-balanced in tonality, the treble was a little north of neutral. At its current price of around 28 GBP it represents excellent value. It does not quite attain the quality of the Tin Audio T3 (which is a hybrid with a Knowles BA) but it is around half the price and does share some of the T3’s sound profile, only falling short in the bass department.

My KB Ear F1 arrived yesterday. After trying a few tips I settled with the Symbio peels which coincidentally blend in nicely with the color of the iem. They do sound great... currently burning in at my desktop. Very easy to pop in and out of my ears for a listen. Are you sure that your little packet of black tips contains Spin Fit type tips? Mine are Starlines. Someone has been reading about our love of Starlines. Paid for my F1. We do not get things free here. Sometimes I feel like everyone does but us.

10303325.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2019 at 11:39 AM Post #18,298 of 31,833
@Nimweth Nice review! Im on BA side of force now, and this comparison with T3 is very usefull for me. Thanks

Jun 9, 2019 at 12:09 PM Post #18,299 of 31,833
My KB Ear F1 arrived yesterday. After trying a few tips I settled with the Symbio peels which coincidentally blend in nicely with the color of the iem. They do sound great... currently burning in at my desktop. Very easy to pop in and out of my ears for a listen. Are you sure that your little packet of black tips contains Spin Fit type tips? Mine are Starlines. Someone has been reading about our love of Starlines. Paid for my F1. We do not get things free here. Sometimes I feel like everyone does but us.

10303325.jpg
Yes, that's right, it was a mistake, they are Starlines. I will edit it!

Jun 9, 2019 at 12:19 PM Post #18,300 of 31,833
Yes, that's right, it was a mistake, they are Starlines. I will edit it!

It would have been very generous for them to include Spin Fits!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back