CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Dec 15, 2016 at 9:35 AM Post #1,816 of 31,833
  Ah, I didn't realise you had the ZS3 already.

I rate the ZS3 really highly and I don't think they lack bass if I'm honest. They beat the Banjo for clarity, SQ and soundstage. The Banjo has more sub-bass but at the detriment of other sound elements.

If you're not getting enough bass from the ZS3s I'd look at the eartips you're using, if they're not sealing you won't get the thump. Once you got that sorted I'd look at EQing the sound to boost the lower frequencies, you get close to the Banjo in terms of bass without losing the other elements.

I rate the ZS3 in the my top 5 favourites, plus I think they look cool. 

vidal, i'm kinda surprised you rate the zs3 so highly--they are tons of fun but not as refined/detailed as some of your other touts. i do fully concur that they're bassy as hell with the right tips and fit

Dec 15, 2016 at 10:30 AM Post #1,817 of 31,833
  Yeah ZS3's have very good bass, then in that case i don't need to upgrade for banjos. i'll try them later and try EQing to get more sub bass:).

Out of curiosity what are the other 4 of your favourites? And what IEM's (obviously higher priced) are a step up to ZS3's in terms of bass, clarity, SQ and soundstage?

My current favourites (these change often)

1. Ty Hi-Z G3 - soundstage when combined with my Cozoy DAC
2. **** 4in1
3. Urbanfun HiFi
4. Tingo IE800
5. ZS3

vidal, i'm kinda surprised you rate the zs3 so highly--they are tons of fun but not as refined/detailed as some of your other touts. i do fully concur that they're bassy as hell with the right tips and fit

I agree but I like them a lot, maybe it's the look/fit but they're one of the few I go back to. Their isolation is great so they're my earphone of choice in the car.

Dec 15, 2016 at 1:15 PM Post #1,818 of 31,833
My current favourites (these change often)

1. Ty Hi-Z G3 - soundstage when combined with my Cozoy DAC
2. **** 4in1
3. Urbanfun HiFi
4. Tingo IE800
5. ZS3

I agree but I like them a lot, maybe it's the look/fit but they're one of the few I go back to. Their isolation is great so they're my earphone of choice in the car.

I'm a big fan of the in-car listen although not sure about the legality of it!

Dec 15, 2016 at 1:41 PM Post #1,821 of 31,833
is that not dangerous to listen to music while driving you are not fully aware

Car stereos? Deaf drivers? 

I usually keep my eyes open but I could probably be blindfolded and still be more aware of what's going on around me compared to some of the drivers I've seen
biggrin.gif
. People texting/facebooking is probably the worst.

Dec 15, 2016 at 3:42 PM Post #1,823 of 31,833
When i was a delivery driver I used to use IEMs bc the stock radio sucked and got boring. My own car I got a nice sound system so no need for them. I don't see the difference between a loud stereo system and earphones, both when loud enough are hard to hear sirens

Dec 15, 2016 at 4:10 PM Post #1,824 of 31,833
You can get a licensed if you are deaf? And you are not closed in with a car stereo.

Of course you can get a license if you're deaf. If there was a restriction on hearing and driving then car stereos would be limited in power. The reality is you don't need to hear to drive, think of a motorcyclist with a helmet on, you can't hear much.

In the UK it's perfectly acceptable to use a handsfree whilst driving, that's a far more distracting exercise than passively listening to music.

Dec 16, 2016 at 10:01 AM Post #1,825 of 31,833
I just received the **** UE and while I'm still in the honeymoon period these are very pleasant to listen to. There are some characteristics of the sound that make them a bit worse than some other earphones I have, but overall they have a comfortable and light fit, small size and a pleasant sound. I'll post more detailed impressions after using them for a few days.

Dec 16, 2016 at 10:31 AM Post #1,826 of 31,833

Of course you can get a license if you're deaf. If there was a restriction on hearing and driving then car stereos would be limited in power. The reality is you don't need to hear to drive, think of a motorcyclist with a helmet on, you can't hear much.

In the UK it's perfectly acceptable to use a handsfree whilst driving, that's a far more distracting exercise than passively listening to music.

i remeber when i was in london being impressed with how uniformly terrible and outright hostile your drivers were, esp. considering how polite (by us standards) people were when they're not driving

Dec 16, 2016 at 12:01 PM Post #1,827 of 31,833

i remeber when i was in london being impressed with how uniformly terrible and outright hostile your drivers were, esp. considering how polite (by us standards) people were when they're not driving

I think if you drove in London for a few days you'd understand why. I haven't, but having seen various videos of a motorcycle vlogger commuting to work in London I completely understand why.

Dec 16, 2016 at 2:19 PM Post #1,828 of 31,833

London is a dreadful place to drive and cycle, so overcrowded that everyone is so riled up it's a nightmare. I drove there once in a new car, scared myself stupid and that was late evening when the roads were quieter.

Dec 17, 2016 at 9:57 AM Post #1,829 of 31,833
Since it is Saturday morning, I am trying out all the budget goodies that arrived during the week that I haven't had time to listen to because I was too busy working to pay for them to actually try out my purchases. 
blink.gif
  (That was a horribly constructed sentence). 

The pleasant surprise of the morning has been the BYZ K53.  These things are bass monsters, similar to the Rock Zircons.  The vents on the top and sides invite modding to tune the amount of bass.  Mids are forward and clear.  Like many bass-heavy IEMs, the treble is the weak spot.  My test track for treble is currently Chvurches "Leave a Trace" because it sounds like nails on a chalkboard when the highs are not done well.  With the K53s the track is listenable but not particularly pleasurable.

These are a good fit for hip-hop and male vocals (think Leonard Cohen).  Plus the gold housing looks really cool. 
wink_face.gif

I purchased these on Ali for $9.99.  Some seller list them for up to $20.
d31caff5-10c6-436c-99a5-b422128fb64d.jpg

Dec 17, 2016 at 10:23 AM Post #1,830 of 31,833

The pleasant surprise of the morning has been the BYZ K53.  These things are bass monsters, similar to the Rock Zircons.  The vents on the top and sides invite modding to tune the amount of bass.  Mids are forward and clear.  Like many bass-heavy IEMs, the treble is the weak spot.  My test track for treble is currently Chvurches "Leave a Trace" because it sounds like nails on a chalkboard when the highs are not done well.  With the K53s the track is listenable but not particularly pleasurable.

I tried your "test track" with the **** UE I received yesterday and they handle those highs perfectly. The highs have a very "poppy" feel to them, they are very quick and brighten up most tracks that make use of similar frequencies. In that way they remind me of my Fostex T50RP Mk3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back