CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jun 6, 2019 at 4:15 AM Post #18,226 of 31,833
Uh oh..... I just shed my cash on another chi-fi, the quite popular Estron C630, but this time I have a good feeling that it will be one of my least regretted purchases as of lately :)

Jun 6, 2019 at 8:14 AM Post #18,227 of 31,833
Really? Bassy yes, but clarity is good and the sound stage is impressive. Somewhat ZS10-like (but not as warm) so I can see why you're not a fan, lol. A neat design choice was to install the BA into the nozzle, but flip it around which I found kills the peaks that are present in nozzle mounted BAs on other hybrids. Yeah, I was surprised at the cable. Advertised as MMCX but it actually uses DC connectors. Personally I prefer it to MMCX but replacements are a pain to get unless you buy a new earphone that uses the same cable.
Wow....if clarity is suppose to be good I need to let them burn in or play alot to find the right eartips....but i have a magical power that make me receive defective product very often, perhaps its that magic trick again that happen. No joke...i just can't listen to them more than 5 minutes but perhaps its the post-VS7 effect too. As you listen to very low volume, perhaps the drivers can't handle high volume too...yeah, it make lot ofperhaps, but I will share more impressions in no long. Package is nice. Thats about it for the moment.

Jun 6, 2019 at 9:05 AM Post #18,228 of 31,833
KZ ED9 hands down has the best soundstage among all the chi-fi I've tried, even amongst pricier competitors. Has superior holographic soundstaging capabilities that are on par with a $100 earphone like the Nicehck M6.
As much as I know You really like ED9.... nnnnnnnope, I don`quite agree. For me and with the setups I`ve tried ED9 with - nothing special when it comes to soundstage and "holographicness". And its highs are still little "splashy" and artificial to me, regardless what nozzles used or modded.
But for 9$, who am I to complain? :) Personally i much prefer Sony MH755.

Jun 6, 2019 at 12:27 PM Post #18,229 of 31,833
Are the ED9s and ATRs being sold today as good as the 'originals'. Some one here mentioned the drivers are different.

The current ATR v2 uses the red ATE v5 driver, which is better than the original blue ATR v1 driver.

And the current ED9 v2 uses a new titanium driver that sounds better than the original v1’s bio driver.

So to answer your question, yes (ATR) and yes (ED9).

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2019 at 1:11 PM Post #18,230 of 31,833
Has anyone had any issues with the T2 blowing a driver?

I was using them in the office today and I actually took them out to talk to my colleague about them and told him how much I liked them. Fate would have it that when I put them back in and pressed play, the right gave me only distortion :frowning2:

They are around two months old, have about 200 hours on them and have never been used at high volumes.

I'm not sure if it is worth contacting the seller through AE or just getting another set.

Jun 6, 2019 at 1:50 PM Post #18,231 of 31,833
Has anyone had any issues with the T2 blowing a driver?

I was using them in the office today and I actually took them out to talk to my colleague about them and told him how much I liked them. Fate would have it that when I put them back in and pressed play, the right gave me only distortion :frowning2:

They are around two months old, have about 200 hours on them and have never been used at high volumes.

I'm not sure if it is worth contacting the seller through AE or just getting another set.

I would contact the seller but first try another cable just in case that is the problem.

Jun 6, 2019 at 2:09 PM Post #18,232 of 31,833
No problem, friend.

The beauty of the thermoplastic is it’s reusable.

The Radians putty, while nice, is a 1-time use product. If you screw something up that’s it.

You can buy generic Radians putty on Aliexpress. I’ve used some for a few projects, and it’s the same stuff only a fraction of the cost.

Also, the thermoplastic is incredibly cheap, can be made any color, is easy to mold, and it can be removed and remolded an infinite number of times.

Good luck!

I read that thread about custom molding. Re: the inexpensive thermoplastic beads I saw on AE, what quantity would be needed to do 3-5 sets for IEMs? I saw 50g, 100g, 150g, 250g, and 500g. I think you said you got 500g, but that is probably way more than I'd need, unless it doesn't go very far. Also, do you know the search term for the generic Radians on AE. I'm not finding it. Either their search function is horrible or I'm off my game.

You're right - I looked all over the Audio Sense T100 box, and the included paperwork, but didn't see any reference to TFZ.
So the AliExpress sale page has inaccurate info on the Brand Name line.

Those are beautiful.

Jun 6, 2019 at 2:30 PM Post #18,233 of 31,833
Either their search function is horrible or I'm off my game

It is horrible. Sometimes I do better using google and adding aliexpress as one of the search words. It can result in dead links at times.

Jun 6, 2019 at 2:32 PM Post #18,234 of 31,833
As much as I know You really like ED9.... nnnnnnnope, I don`quite agree. For me and with the setups I`ve tried ED9 with - nothing special when it comes to soundstage and "holographicness". And its highs are still little "splashy" and artificial to me, regardless what nozzles used or modded.
But for 9$, who am I to complain? :) Personally i much prefer Sony MH755.

Perhaps I guess it depends on what tracks you listen to (EDM is my primary musical genre). For me, the ED9 definitely sounds holographic especially in recordings with a binaural microphone; and if you listen to ASMR, it is really good at emulating the intimacy of close up whispering. And with regards to the splashy highs, I find that the extra emphasis in the upper highs (12Khz-14Khz) makes my music sound more airy. On the contrary, I hate it when the upper treble is peaked around 10Khz, it doesn't provide any sense of airiness, just only a combination of sibilance/piercingness.

I recently just bought the MH755 and can't wait to get it. Based on the FR graph (dat Harman curve), people's opinions on it, and my personal sound preferences, I think I'll be pretty impressed by it. Fingers crossed :)

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2019 at 2:40 PM Post #18,235 of 31,833
It is horrible. Sometimes I do better using google and adding aliexpress as one of the search words. It can result in dead links at times.

Thanks, good suggestion.

Jun 6, 2019 at 3:22 PM Post #18,236 of 31,833
Perhaps I guess it depends on what tracks you listen to (EDM is my primary musical genre). For me, the ED9 definitely sounds holographic especially in recordings with a binaural microphone; and if you listen to ASMR, it is really good at emulating the intimacy of close up whispering. And with regards to the splashy highs, I find that the extra emphasis in the upper highs (12Khz-14Khz) makes my music sound more airy. On the contrary, I hate it when the upper treble is peaked around 10Khz, it doesn't provide any sense of airiness, just only a combination of sibilance/piercingness.

I recently just bought the MH755 and can't wait to get it. Based on the FR graph (dat Harman curve), people's opinions on it, and my personal sound preferences, I think I'll be pretty impressed by it. Fingers crossed :)
I have ED9 and MH755 coming soon.... looking forward to hearing them!

Jun 6, 2019 at 4:04 PM Post #18,237 of 31,833
Lindy Cromo continues to impress. 30 hours burn in now and soundstage opening up. These are seriously good IEMs. If you have them, try this one, amazing sub-bass and soundstage:

Jun 6, 2019 at 5:21 PM Post #18,238 of 31,833
I read that thread about custom molding. Re: the inexpensive thermoplastic beads I saw on AE, what quantity would be needed to do 3-5 sets for IEMs? I saw 50g, 100g, 150g, 250g, and 500g. I think you said you got 500g, but that is probably way more than I'd need, unless it doesn't go very far.

It obviously depends on the size of the IEM you start with.

For example, the earpod style one used less thermoplastic than the UiiSii one, because the body of the IEM were totally different sizes.

I'd say 50g would be more than enough to do 3-5. Remember, you can save every last bit of it for reuse. As I'm making mine, all of the excess material gets saved for next time. Absolutely nothing goes to waste, which is the beauty of the thermoplastic.

The worst part about the thermoplastic is the cool down wait. If you are an impatient type, you're gonna go bonkers. You have to sit relatively still for 45-60 minutes. If you want the best result possible, you can't do anything that will change the size or shape of your ear canal in the slightest, or else you'll have to start all over again. No chewing gum, no eating, no yawning, and no talking. The good news is that you can listen to your IEMs while waiting for the plastic to fully cool (a couple of albums, a couple podcasts, watching a movie or TV shows with them). I do it at night after everyone is asleep, so there's no chance of a phone call or interruption from a family member (anything that would force me to talk).

The material is very forgiving, and stays soft and pliable as it cools down, giving you a very long working time. You can shape it, smooth it, etc for a long time until you get the perfect fit and look. I use a mirror to help me make it look and fit the way I want it to. And because it's reusable, if you screw something up, you just remove it and start over again (which isn't possible with the silicone putty).

Also, do you know the search term for the generic Radians on AE. I'm not finding it.

Do a search for "Dental Silicone Putty" or "mould making silicone putty" and you'll see it (yes mould is spelled like that on purpose). You don't need a lot of that either. 50g is like 3xs what Radians gives you.

I would only get the stuff indicated in the description as food grade, food safe, for dental use, etc.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back