CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jun 5, 2019 at 4:49 PM Post #18,211 of 31,833
The TFZ Audio Sense T100 earphones (~$45 on AliExpress) sound really good (surprising low Bass thump), and have a thin nozzle that uses T100 sized tips. Their housing is shallow enough that they're comfortable to sleep in, without causing my ears to hurt.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New...io-Spofts-MMCX-3-5mm-Earbuds/32852429019.html

Thanks @DBaldock9. Probably out of my budget range (didn't put that in the post, sorry), but if I will read up on it, along with any other suggestion. I found a PDF compatibility chart on the Comply website and will be researching all the ones listed as compatible with their T100 tips. Don't know if it is up to date, but I do know it doesn't list all models of all brands (i.e. it just lists 4 KZ models in the T200 and T400 sections).

Jun 5, 2019 at 4:55 PM Post #18,212 of 31,833
I had a Shure E4C, which sounded awesome (thanks to its wide frequency single BA) and had a 2mm nozzle. There’s others with a super narrow nozzle like that too.

I could be wrong, but from memory the MEMT X5 had a smaller nozzle too. And the KZ EDR1 and EDR2.

One thing you could consider is triple flange ear tips. Because they’re so long, the nozzle size does not influence the fit. It’s the tip that influences the fitting, and triple flange tips have a very small top part.

Have you ever considered CIEMs? That would be the end all solution, because the fit is completely personalized.

That is a great suggestion for him. If that does not fit then nothing will. I think I have that same size nozzle on my NiceHCK DT300. I have been meaning to put a pair of Spinfit CP800 on those. I have had them for awhile. I have been tempted by this Audio Sense one. I don't see where it says it is a TFZ though...

Thanks to both of you. I'm writing down these models for research. I've read up on the Radians DIY CIEM kit, but my budget would not allow for professional CIEMs. No, I haven't tried the triple flange yet. Anything I do with IEMs at this point, will be after I resolve a fitment problem with my earbuds, as I prefer the sound among all that I have.

Jun 5, 2019 at 5:01 PM Post #18,213 of 31,833
That is a great suggestion for him. If that does not fit then nothing will. I think I have that same size nozzle on my NiceHCK DT300. I have been meaning to put a pair of Spinfit CP800 on those. I have had them for awhile. I have been tempted by this Audio Sense one. I don't see where it says it is a TFZ though...

On the Brand Name line of the Specs block.

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2019 at 5:02 PM Post #18,214 of 31,833
In the text of the description block.

Is it true? I have seen all sorts of names put in that space for different iems and buds.

Jun 5, 2019 at 5:04 PM Post #18,215 of 31,833
Thanks to both of you. I'm writing down these models for research. I've read up on the Radians DIY CIEM kit, but my budget would not allow for professional CIEMs. No, I haven't tried the triple flange yet. Anything I do with IEMs at this point, will be after I resolve a fitment problem with my earbuds, as I prefer the sound among all that I have.

I’d give this thread a read then.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/custom-ear-molds-for-iems.830823/

I’ve made a few custom fit earphones based on the tips in the thread, with very positive results.

09C1E8AD-37D4-455D-8272-76C4166A8A25.jpeg EBF9FDD9-8B39-4074-8997-3DFE3BFED3DF.jpeg F8FFA2E3-6D29-4628-871D-7D391679EA43.jpeg

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2019 at 5:06 PM Post #18,216 of 31,833
Is it true? I have seen all sorts of names put in that space for different iems and buds.

Updated my post - it's in the Specs block.

I'll look at the box when I get home from work today.

Jun 5, 2019 at 5:08 PM Post #18,217 of 31,833
Jun 5, 2019 at 5:11 PM Post #18,218 of 31,833
Thanks @Slater, that is perfect reading material while listing to my podcasts. It's good to know that people have had success with an inexpensive product.

No problem, friend.

The beauty of the thermoplastic is it’s reusable.

The Radians putty, while nice, is a 1-time use product. If you screw something up that’s it.

You can buy generic Radians putty on Aliexpress. I’ve used some for a few projects, and it’s the same stuff only a fraction of the cost.

Also, the thermoplastic is incredibly cheap, can be made any color, is easy to mold, and it can be removed and remolded an infinite number of times.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2019 at 5:26 PM Post #18,219 of 31,833
No problem, friend.

The beauty of the thermoplastic is it’s reusable.

The Radians putty, while nice, is a 1-time use product. If you screw something up that’s it.

You can buy generic Radians putty on Aliexpress. I’ve used some for a few projects, and it’s the same stuff only a fraction of the cost.

Also, the thermoplastic is incredibly cheap, can be made any color, is easy to mold, and it can be removed and remolded an infinite number of times.

Good luck!

OOOH! I do love a good project. I'll look into both -- love generic.

You know, I'd just like to say how nice everyone is on this forum. I've seen very little ugliness in the hundreds of pages I've read recently and back in early 2018 when this all began for me. You folks are just the best.

Jun 5, 2019 at 9:08 PM Post #18,220 of 31,833

Updated my post - it's in the Specs block.

I'll look at the box when I get home from work today.

You're right - I looked all over the Audio Sense T100 box, and the included paperwork, but didn't see any reference to TFZ.
So the AliExpress sale page has inaccurate info on the Brand Name line.
IMG_20190605_193534.jpg
IMG_20190605_193647.jpg

Jun 5, 2019 at 9:09 PM Post #18,221 of 31,833
Does anyone know where I could find the best soundstage in these?

KZ ED9 hands down has the best soundstage among all the chi-fi I've tried, even amongst pricier competitors. Has superior holographic soundstaging capabilities that are on par with a $100 earphone like the Nicehck M6.

Jun 5, 2019 at 9:20 PM Post #18,222 of 31,833
KZ ED9 hands down has the best soundstage among all the chi-fi I've tried, even amongst pricier competitors. Has superior holographic soundstaging capabilities that are on par with a $100 earphone like the Nicehck M6.

And all for $9, which is simply amazing when KZ is now pumping out $100+ models.

Jun 5, 2019 at 9:32 PM Post #18,223 of 31,833
So the AliExpress sale page has inaccurate info on the Brand Name line.

I have noticed things like this before. I cannot remember what the item was but several sellers had it and each had put a different brand in that field... lol.

The reason that I wondered about this one was because I have read the TFZ thread and never saw that iem mentioned. I think the brand is Audio Sense.

Jun 6, 2019 at 3:24 AM Post #18,225 of 31,833
I have noticed things like this before. I cannot remember what the item was but several sellers had it and each had put a different brand in that field... lol.

The reason that I wondered about this one was because I have read the TFZ thread and never saw that iem mentioned. I think the brand is Audio Sense.

Or they do that to get more search results.

Looks like the mfg reused the tingker t100 shells or it's just been rebranded.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back