CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jun 4, 2019 at 5:58 PM Post #18,181 of 31,833
..but you do have the the right and the left channels of the cable going to the proper ears... I hope. If those are reversed it would certainly sound different.

Yes, they are the same way around as wearing them cable down, just spun so the cable faces forwards and up over the ear.

Well, for me the swapping of sides isn’t about sounding different or not. It’s so the IEMs fit in my concha. Without swapping sides, the mmcx plug rubs against my anti helix.

Of course, everyone’s ear anatomy is different.

That's what I was referring to, I think my ear is probable weirdly shaped, for example, I can't get the **** to be comfortable and seal well no matter which way I wear it or tips I use.

Jun 5, 2019 at 12:06 AM Post #18,182 of 31,833
I ordered a set of the F1 earphones this past weekend, since I like trying Single BA models - currently have the NiceHCK DT100, and the Remax RM-600M, both of which I enjoy listening to.
I enjoyed the remax. The cable is the worst though. Maybe I should recable it. How does the dt100 compare? F1 looks great as well, can you wear them down?

Jun 5, 2019 at 1:26 AM Post #18,184 of 31,833
I enjoyed the remax. The cable is the worst though. Maybe I should recable it. How does the dt100 compare? F1 looks great as well, can you wear them down?

The F1 is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow, so I haven't heard them yet.
The DT100 sounds good, and I like that it has MMCX, rather than a tethered cable.
The Remax also sound good, and has a slightly smaller nozzle, which allows for a little more comfortable fit in my ears.

Jun 5, 2019 at 5:03 AM Post #18,186 of 31,833
nvm, mixed up with TK13

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2019 at 9:30 AM Post #18,187 of 31,833
Yes the F1 is fine cable down, good deep insertion and seal and no microphony either.

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2019 at 9:34 AM Post #18,188 of 31,833
Lindy Chromo arrived this morning. Very good OOTB. Natural wide frequency range, effortless dynamics. The big 15mm bass driver has serious heft but doesn't dominate the sound. Very well balanced. I fitted Spiral Dots and get a good fit and seal cable down. Good mids which are slightly forward with lots of detail. £12.99 well spent I would say!

Jun 5, 2019 at 9:36 AM Post #18,189 of 31,833
VJJB N-30 first impressions is a yuck face, a french swear (tabarnak it sound bad!) and a throw away move.

I guess it CAN'T sound THAT bad, so I will let them burn in outside my ears.

Sound bassy-messy-congested-slighlty dark with out of phase mids....and the cable choice is sure a downer, as it isnt mmcx and not very comfy with its earhook.

In another hand, i really adore the VSONIC VS7 wich was what I listen non stop too before i put these N-30 ovni in my ears.

Jun 5, 2019 at 9:50 AM Post #18,190 of 31,833
Lindy Chromo arrived this morning. Very good OOTB. Natural wide frequency range, effortless dynamics. The big 15mm bass driver has serious heft but doesn't dominate the sound. Very well balanced. I fitted Spiral Dots and get a good fit and seal cable down. Good mids which are slightly forward with lots of detail. £12.99 well spent I would say!

Panda and I each had ordered a Lindy Chromo on Sunday evening. They arrived Monday...Yay for Prime!

OOTB I had the same impression as you. I then gave them to Panda to try (we were not going to open both boxes unless we would both keep them). After a short listen he handed mine back to me and opened his box:)

I have Auvios on mine which @Slater has called the poor man’s Spiral Dots. I only have a couple of pairs left but these Lindy's are definitely worthy. They have been burning in at my desk since Monday night so I am using them if I need to listen at my desk. Sounds great! Definitely worth the £12.99!

I did not want to say anything until you had a chance to try yours.

Jun 5, 2019 at 10:02 AM Post #18,191 of 31,833
VJJB N-30 first impressions is a yuck face, a french swear (tabarnak it sound bad!) and a throw away move.

I guess it CAN'T sound THAT bad, so I will let them burn in outside my ears.

Sound bassy-messy-congested-slighlty dark with out of phase mids....and the cable choice is sure a downer, as it isnt mmcx and not very comfy with its earhook.

In another hand, i really adore the VSONIC VS7 wich was what I listen non stop too before i put these N-30 ovni in my ears.

Really? Bassy yes, but clarity is good and the sound stage is impressive. Somewhat ZS10-like (but not as warm) so I can see why you're not a fan, lol. A neat design choice was to install the BA into the nozzle, but flip it around which I found kills the peaks that are present in nozzle mounted BAs on other hybrids. Yeah, I was surprised at the cable. Advertised as MMCX but it actually uses DC connectors. Personally I prefer it to MMCX but replacements are a pain to get unless you buy a new earphone that uses the same cable.

Jun 5, 2019 at 10:05 AM Post #18,192 of 31,833

The way you describe them reminds me a lot NCM NC5v2 (but in a completely different price range). Love this kind of well balanced sound signature, with present mids and quite bass weight, that does not interfere with SQ but gives sound a very enjoyable fullness.

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2019 at 10:07 AM Post #18,193 of 31,833
The way you describe them reminds me a lot NCM NC5v2 (but in a completely different price range). Love this kind of well balanced sound signature, with present mids and quite bass weight, that does not interfere with SQ but gives sound this characteristic fullness.
That's a very good description of what I am hearing. I am not familiar with the model you mentioned, is it pricey?

Jun 5, 2019 at 10:12 AM Post #18,194 of 31,833
That's a very good description of what I am hearing. I am not familiar with the model you mentioned, is it pricey?

It is on another league (500€ or so). But you're paying for definition, good highs, customization and very good soundstage and 3D. Bass deserves special mention due to its quality.

Jun 5, 2019 at 10:39 AM Post #18,195 of 31,833
When doing a search on AliExpress, for "wood mmcx", some of the results are for wooden earphone housings. Several are designed to have 10mm drivers installed.
Have any of y'all assembled any DIY wooden earphones, with drivers you've ordered from AliExpress? How did they sound, compared to wooden models that are available pre-assembled?

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back