CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jun 2, 2019 at 10:41 PM Post #18,166 of 31,833
isn't that earbud instead of iem?

yup, it is more like earpod style earbud. i just mention it in case someone is looking for open back design. in my personal experience, rather than choosing semi open to "no isolation“ iem, it is better to just pick earbuds, as they are generally sound fuller at the same/cheaper price.

except, of course, the ears can't accommodate earbuds, then semi open iems are the way to go

Jun 3, 2019 at 3:36 AM Post #18,167 of 31,833
the zs3 is a good rec (or the zs4, which has the same great fit and isolation but sounds better), but i like the memt x5 for the gym--they're small bassy and really comfortable + they have cool magnetic housings
So I had a pair of these lying around (bought into the hype a while ago, but didn't like the cable and could never get them to stay sealed) and tried them out at the gym. Isolation was definitely an improvement and the sound wasn't as bass-bloated as I remembered, but I had to keep adjusting them to get them to seal right. Are there any replacement tips that would fix this? ( I replaced the stock ones with whirlwinds)

Jun 4, 2019 at 9:36 AM Post #18,171 of 31,833
I had them, sold it as I couldn't get a good fit with them, they kept rubbing on the side of my ears or something

Yeah, it’s really unfortunate that they kept using the same shell design over and over again. I always got a poor fit with the T2, so I didn’t even bother getting the T2 Pro or T3.

I could kinda get an OK fit by swapping sides, wearing them up over the ear, and using SpinFits because of their really long core.

One of these days when I clear a bunch of other projects off my plate I’m going to transplant the drivers from the spare set I have into a different shell. Hopefully I’ll be able to get it tuned to sound basically the same once it’s in the new shell.

Jun 4, 2019 at 12:29 PM Post #18,172 of 31,833
Got the TK12, holy SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. Did these guys used the BA just to shoot snakes into my ears? The rest sounds great, big, large bass without being boomy, decent mids and clarity, but the highs, SSSSSSSSSSS, SSSPLASH , all singers turn into snakes. Also, the long MMCX connectors set at an angle makes them sillier looking than an Airpod, I look like a damn robot Frankenstein. Shoved some sponge material into the nozzle and made things a lot better, now I can listen to them. All in all, I think something like the Moondrop Crescent for 1/4 the price destroys them.

Jun 4, 2019 at 4:07 PM Post #18,174 of 31,833
Jun 4, 2019 at 4:27 PM Post #18,175 of 31,833
Hi, have these Lindy IEMs arrived yet?
Not yet. I think they are due to be delivered tomorrow. I'm really enjoying the KBEAR F1 single BA though, after a full 100 hours burn in they are sounding superb. I'm hoping to write a review on them soon.

Jun 4, 2019 at 5:25 PM Post #18,176 of 31,833
Not yet. I think they are due to be delivered tomorrow. I'm really enjoying the KBEAR F1 single BA though, after a full 100 hours burn in they are sounding superb. I'm hoping to write a review on them soon.

I ordered a set of the F1 earphones this past weekend, since I like trying Single BA models - currently have the NiceHCK DT100, and the Remax RM-600M, both of which I enjoy listening to.

Jun 4, 2019 at 5:28 PM Post #18,177 of 31,833
I ordered a set of the F1 earphones this past weekend, since I like trying Single BA models - currently have the NiceHCK DT100, and the Remax RM-600M, both of which I enjoy listening to.

I have one on the way as well.

Jun 4, 2019 at 5:36 PM Post #18,178 of 31,833
I could kinda get an OK fit by swapping sides, wearing them up over the ear, and using SpinFits because of their really long core.

I am probably weird but I find them to fit best wearing them over ear but without swapping sides (I don't notice any sound difference), using foam tips (the original blue ones and new bee mediums).

Jun 4, 2019 at 5:46 PM Post #18,179 of 31,833
I am probably weird but I find them to fit best wearing them over ear but without swapping sides (I don't notice any sound difference), using foam tips (the original blue ones and new bee mediums).

..but you do have the the right and the left channels of the cable going to the proper ears... I hope. If those are reversed it would certainly sound different.

Jun 4, 2019 at 5:48 PM Post #18,180 of 31,833

Well, for me the swapping of sides isn’t about sounding different or not. It’s so the IEMs fit in my concha. Without swapping sides, the mmcx plug rubs against my anti helix.

Of course, everyone’s ear anatomy is different.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back