CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
May 16, 2019 at 4:07 PM Post #17,913 of 31,834
Buy silica gel packets from AE for a few $ and throw them in with your IEM when storing. Using those kz waterproof cases would work great for this.

Or keep them from the packaging that sometimes has one in it and re-use it.

I'm hoping TRN makes a new BT20 with Aptx & 10 (or 12) hour battery life. I'd buy two or more. @KopiOkaya maybe pass it along? :wink:

Last edited:
May 16, 2019 at 4:26 PM Post #17,914 of 31,834
Buy silica gel packets from AE for a few $ and throw them in with your IEM when storing. Using those kz waterproof cases would work great for this.

That's what I'm using on the road for most of my IEM's these days, even though some of the cheaper waterproof cases on AE are a bit on the small side for IEMs with thicker custom cables plus a proper pack of silicon gel.
(For anyone not too familiar with silica gel ... you need to properly dry that stuff once in a while (oven, microwave) Some, not all types of SG change their color depending of their moisture level to tell you when they need to be dried again > google).

May 16, 2019 at 5:31 PM Post #17,918 of 31,834
What cable would be good with KZ ZS10 Pro? I only have MMCX cables and need to start to get upgraded 2 pins. What do I need to look for in cables when buying 2 pin cables? Thanks in advance!

Cables are kinda personal preference, but for the KS10 pro try to find a .75mm 2 pin, I believe the .78 will stick out a little. From there it's based on what you want. Most cables in the budget range are copper or silver plated copper. I've heard very little difference between the two, maybe a bit more stage with silver plated cables, but YMMV.

May 16, 2019 at 5:41 PM Post #17,921 of 31,834
Cables are kinda personal preference, but for the KS10 pro try to find a .75mm 2 pin, I believe the .78 will stick out a little. From there it's based on what you want. Most cables in the budget range are copper or silver plated copper. I've heard very little difference between the two, maybe a bit more stage with silver plated cables, but YMMV.

So I’m looking for something that is .75mm and KZ compatible on AE. What uses the .78mm 2 pin? Would I be able to use .75mm with other IEM brands? Sorry for the questions...

May 16, 2019 at 6:00 PM Post #17,922 of 31,834
So I’m looking for something that is .75mm and KZ compatible on AE. What uses the .78mm 2 pin? Would I be able to use .75mm with other IEM brands? Sorry for the questions...

Yes, the .75mm is the length of the pins. You can use either .75mm or .78mm but the .78mm might not be flush on your KZ. They are pretty much compatible with other brands too.

May 16, 2019 at 6:56 PM Post #17,925 of 31,834
Yes, coming soon (either in June or July 2019). New and improved BT20 with APTX and AAC.

It already has AAC, so is aptX the main change?

Any improvement to the ear hooks?

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back