CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
May 15, 2019 at 7:01 PM Post #17,881 of 31,834
I tuned the **** V2 as well. Which version did you own? The original tuning wasn't great. It was my first project with **** to re-tune the V2. The later versions are better. Chris of Bad Guy Good Audio Review was one of them who received the new tuning and he likes it.

I have no idea which one I have. What did you not like about the original tuning?

May 15, 2019 at 7:17 PM Post #17,885 of 31,834
I can pinpoint the production timeline. When did you buy them?

I don't know.. these were a gift. But, do I want to know? What if they are from the first batch and now that I said mine are not muddy you will think I am deaf! LOL. I find that tips make such a huge difference that I am very picky when I decide on tips. I often try 4 or 5 different ones. I never use foams though ... even if some think they are best... because they are horrible for me in every way starting with the fact that I cannot stand to touch them. The feel of them is icky to me.

May 15, 2019 at 7:47 PM Post #17,887 of 31,834
Those of you who either already bought or going to buy the X6, TRN has these suggestions for you :
  1. Use an amp or DAC/Amp. At 58 ohms and 96dB/w, X6 really needs the extra juice to power through (although "high gain" setting isn't necessary).
  2. Use balanced output instead of single-ended, if possible.
  3. Use memory foam tips to get the best seal around your ears. The better the seal, the thicker the bass and low-mids.
  4. Replace the stock cable with 8 or 16 core upgrade cable. TRN will launch the new 16-core SPC cable this month (May 15). Lower resistance of multi-core cable helps with high impedance earphones.
  5. Use the highest resolution music source available to you. Trust me on this, low-bit rate MP3 files will sound like crap on the X6.
  6. Listen to your music at lower volume than usual. It will give you better overall sound balance and resolution. Also, you won't get fatigued so quickly.
Will the new 16 core cable have a variant for 2.5 balanced?

May 15, 2019 at 8:12 PM Post #17,889 of 31,834
vaporized

Attachments

• maxresdefault-02.jpeg
    maxresdefault-02.jpeg
    213.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
May 15, 2019 at 8:26 PM Post #17,890 of 31,834
I tuned the **** V2 as well. Which version did you own? The original tuning wasn't great. It was my first project with **** to re-tune the V2. The later versions are better. Chris of Bad Guy Good Audio Review was one of them who received the new tuning and he likes it.

I got the 3rd revision. Yeah I watched his review. He listens to stuff like rock which probably sounds nice on it, but I primarily only listen to EDM. A tad bit too sibilant for EDM tracks, ED9's treble response is much smoother in comparison.

Last edited:
May 15, 2019 at 8:36 PM Post #17,892 of 31,834
Yes, V2 isn't so suitable for EDM and music with a lot of DSP processing and synthesizing. By the way, glad that you like the ED9. I tuned that earphones for KZ back in 2014. It remains as one of my favorite tuning today.

Yea, but can you Tune a fish?

May 15, 2019 at 8:44 PM Post #17,894 of 31,834
Nope, but I sure know how to cook one.

How's St Louis? I attended college at Mizzou before returning to Singapore. Love that city.
We murder and kill people at a pretty alarming rate here. Car Jackings are pretty sweet. Lots and lots of drugs. Mass corruption at all levels of city government. Fun stuff.LOL

MIZ

Users who are viewing this thread

Back