CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
May 15, 2019 at 4:37 AM Post #17,852 of 31,834
I co-own and co-operate an audio production house in Singapore. My job is audio-related and I use headphones / earphones daily. They are my tools of the trade. Employee? Hahaha... No way will I work there. These people are engineers, not audiophiles / music-lovers / musicians. It will be frustrating working for them.
you did excellent job on X6 Larry

May 15, 2019 at 5:08 AM Post #17,857 of 31,834
So what we think is a vent isn't always a vent.

May 15, 2019 at 5:14 AM Post #17,858 of 31,834
no, i use them balanced out of Sabaj DA3 dac and it drives them very easy, 12 out of 37 is loud enough, so a lot of headroom on top

That's plenty hard to drive if its from the balanced output of the Da3. Or you're listening to them very loud! The AS10 only goes as far as 5 or 6 and the C16 up to 6 or 7 and I can't listen to it once it goes beyond 7.

The only earphones that go beyond 10 (using balanced output on the Da3) for me are the ToneKing TO600 earbuds. And those are 600 Ohms !

May 15, 2019 at 5:18 AM Post #17,859 of 31,834
That's plenty hard to drive if its from the balanced output of the Da3. Or you're listening to them very loud! The AS10 only goes as far as 5 or 6 and the C16 up to 6 or 7 and I can't listen to it once it goes beyond 7.

The only earphones that go beyond 10 (using balanced output on the Da3) for me are the ToneKing TO600 earbuds. And those are 600 Ohms !
is very loud on some recordings, on DSD files is just fine, Final E5000 needs 16-17 to be loud, now that is power hungry little beast
or i just listen too loud, that is very possible, i have to try lower volume to save my hearing

Last edited:
May 15, 2019 at 5:34 AM Post #17,860 of 31,834

i just saw 12 out of 37 loud enough but with EQ on (what is wrong with APO EQ app, it stays ON even if is not open after you turn on your PC), that is with minus 6 gain on the eq
Screenshot (270).png

Last edited:
May 15, 2019 at 6:23 AM Post #17,862 of 31,834
I don't really know the technicalities of the term dude lol

Okay, so YY is one of the banned brands. Is W.E. also banned on here too?

Yes.

Again, these are not my rules, and I had nothing to do with these determinations. This all went down a long time ago.

May 15, 2019 at 6:41 AM Post #17,863 of 31,834
Yes.

Again, these are not my rules, and I had nothing to do with these determinations. This all went down a long time ago.

Oh okay, just wanted to be certain.

Welp, I just received my V2, looks like I won't be reviewing it on here then.

May 15, 2019 at 7:46 AM Post #17,864 of 31,834
Hello all. I was an occasional poster here a while ago. I am looking for the best sound I can get for cheap. I will be using my LG G6 almost exclusively for a source. I would like something that is a bit durable. I will be using them mountain biking, hiking and maybe occasionally paragliding. I just ordered a pair of KZ ZSN's for beaters. I have been doing some research and am thinking about picking up a pair of Tin Hifi T3's for my main pair. I was looking at the KZ AS10's, or CCA C10 as well, but I read they are difficult to drive. I like clean neutral sound. I listen to mostly old rock, and some folk think Jimi Hendrix, rage against the machine, Nickel Creek, Nirvana, G Love, Jack Johnson, Micheal Franti, Neil Young, Joan Osborne etc. Any advice would be most welcome.

Soundwise I think you'll like the T3, I have a pair and they sound great, very clear and neutral sounding. But I'm not sure how well they will stay in while mountain biking, they are a tad heavy and may bounce a lot. I use TRN IM1 while biking and they stay put and are a lot lighter, the issue is they are a different sound than the T3, they are more V shaped. Your G6 should drive all of the IEM's you mentioned.

May 15, 2019 at 7:57 AM Post #17,865 of 31,834
Oh okay, just wanted to be certain.

Welp, I just received my V2, looks like I won't be reviewing it on here then.

At least for the foreseeable future. Hopefully that changes at some point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back