CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
May 14, 2019 at 9:24 PM Post #17,836 of 31,834
I co-own and co-operate an audio production house in Singapore. My job is audio-related and I use headphones / earphones daily. They are my tools of the trade. Employee? Hahaha... No way will I work there. These people are engineers, not audiophiles / music-lovers / musicians. It will be frustrating working for them.

Well cool, good to have you onboard.

May 14, 2019 at 10:21 PM Post #17,838 of 31,834
https://www.forbes.com/sites/marksp...they-decide-to-put-the-price-up/#1c4fbfb75542

https://www.forbes.com/sites/marksp...ms-at-a-price-we-can-all-afford/#b0181e382219

Wow. That's the first time I've ever seen a chi-fi brand featured on forbes.

And what's especially confusing is that they said that the "company" was based in Sweden. Huh, that's weird. I've also heard people say that the "company" was based in California too. But obviously they're based in China. I bet the guy who wrote those articles doesn't even know jack sh!t about chi-fi.

This is so confusing. I can see why the "company" is banned here.

Last edited:
May 14, 2019 at 10:31 PM Post #17,839 of 31,834
https://www.forbes.com/sites/marksp...they-decide-to-put-the-price-up/#1c4fbfb75542

https://www.forbes.com/sites/marksp...ms-at-a-price-we-can-all-afford/#b0181e382219

Wow. That's the first time I've ever seen a chi-fi brand featured on forbes.

And what's especially confusing is that they said that the "company" was based in Sweden. Huh, that's weird. I've also heard people say that the "company" was based in California too. But obviously they're based in China. I bet the guy who wrote those articles doesn't even know jack sh!t about chi-fi.

This is so confusing. I can see why the "company" is banned here.

Revonext is actually based in Sweden (at least the owner(s) of the company).

They’re manufactured in China (where else), in Revonext’s own factory.

I’m not sure how California fits into the picture. Maybe they operate a US-based satellite office located in California for warranty/tax/logistics purposes.

As far as the ban, Revonext itself is not banned. Only the few earphone models they produced exclusively for another banned brand that starts with Y.

It would be like if Pontiac was banned, the Toyota Matrix would be banned too, as it was produced specifically for Pontiac by Toyota (and sold as the Pontiac Vibe). Toyota itself is not banned, nor is any other Toyota model; only the Matrix/Vibe.

Last edited:
May 14, 2019 at 10:46 PM Post #17,842 of 31,834
RevoNext is INDEED a Swedish-owned company based in HK (with manufacturing facility in Shenzhen, China). And it has NO affiliation with the "banned company".

Oh What, I always thought Revonext was the banned company here.

Revonext is actually based in Sweden (at least the owner(s) of the company).

They’re manufactured in China (where else), in Revonext’s own factory.

I’m not sure how California fits into the picture. Maybe they operate a US-based satellite office located in California for warranty/tax/logistics purposes.

As far as the ban, Revonext itself is not banned. Only the few earphone models they produced exclusively for another banned brand that starts with Y.

It would be like if Pontiac was banned, the Toyota Matrix would be banned too, as it was produced specifically for Pontiac by Toyota (and sold as the Pontiac Vibe). Toyota itself is not banned, nor is any other Toyota model; only the Matrix/Vibe.

Wow really?? That's honestly really surprising to me, I always assumed they were a Chinese company.

And yeah I know which brand you're referring to.

That's honestly too bad, because one of Revonext's best IEMs comes from the partnership with that banned brand.

May 14, 2019 at 10:52 PM Post #17,844 of 31,834
There wasn't a partnership at all. The QT2, QT2s, QT3, QT3s are 100% RevoNext"s own products.

I knew that, but it's still a partnership if it's sold by another brand, right? Like how an author writes a book and then hands it over to a publishing company.

May 14, 2019 at 11:12 PM Post #17,846 of 31,834
There wasn't a partnership at all. The QT2, QT2s, QT3, QT3s, QT5 and RX8 are 100% RevoNext"s own products.

Again, this is a rumour being spread around by forumers here.

Not true. It is no rumor.

This screen shot is taken right from the Revonext QT2 product description. Feel free to look at the listings on Aliexpress yourself.

CB477591-C077-49B2-AA54-0C354E1567EC.png
F51E8871-63C8-4BBF-81A5-AAD7C75F474E.png

The verbiage in orange is broken English, but they’re saying it was an ODM product made specifically for YY by Revonext. Yes, it was 100% designed and manufactured by Revonext. The thing that makes it banned (according to the Admins) is that it was done so exclusively for YY.

In the past, I directly contacted YY and asked them to clarify and was told the exact same thing.

Just like the green ZSR was originally made and sold exclusively for Gearbest. And the KZ ZS7 was produced exclusively for AK Audio. And the Pontiac Vibe was made by Toyota and sold by Pontiac as the Vibe. And the Toyota Corolla was made by Toyota but sold as the Chevy Prism.

Last edited:
May 15, 2019 at 12:06 AM Post #17,847 of 31,834
Hello all. I was an occasional poster here a while ago. I am looking for the best sound I can get for cheap. I will be using my LG G6 almost exclusively for a source. I would like something that is a bit durable. I will be using them mountain biking, hiking and maybe occasionally paragliding. I just ordered a pair of KZ ZSN's for beaters. I have been doing some research and am thinking about picking up a pair of Tin Hifi T3's for my main pair. I was looking at the KZ AS10's, or CCA C10 as well, but I read they are difficult to drive. I like clean neutral sound. I listen to mostly old rock, and some folk think Jimi Hendrix, rage against the machine, Nickel Creek, Nirvana, G Love, Jack Johnson, Micheal Franti, Neil Young, Joan Osborne etc. Any advice would be most welcome.

May 15, 2019 at 1:00 AM Post #17,849 of 31,834
Hahaha... If you consider that "partnership", then I shall speak no more.

I don't really know the technicalities of the term dude lol

Yes, it was 100% designed and manufactured by Revonext. The thing that makes it banned (according to the Admins) is that it was done so exclusively for YY.

Okay, so YY is one of the banned brands. Is W.E. also banned on here too?

May 15, 2019 at 1:08 AM Post #17,850 of 31,834
Hello all. I was an occasional poster here a while ago. I am looking for the best sound I can get for cheap. I will be using my LG G6 almost exclusively for a source. I would like something that is a bit durable. I will be using them mountain biking, hiking and maybe occasionally paragliding. I just ordered a pair of KZ ZSN's for beaters. I have been doing some research and am thinking about picking up a pair of Tin Hifi T3's for my main pair. I was looking at the KZ AS10's, or CCA C10 as well, but I read they are difficult to drive. I like clean neutral sound. I listen to mostly old rock, and some folk think Jimi Hendrix, rage against the machine, Nickel Creek, Nirvana, G Love, Jack Johnson, Micheal Franti, Neil Young, Joan Osborne etc. Any advice would be most welcome.

That's complete nonsense that the AS10s are hard to drive. Wherever did you get that from ?

They are probably the most sensitive of all the IEMs I have used. And I use the LG G6 too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back