CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
May 3, 2019 at 1:44 AM Post #17,671 of 31,833
First batch quality issue is so ''cliché'' with chifi.

Same went to Microsoft... Still remember those Windows bugs?

Well, there is an email on the back of every TRN/KZ/****, etc, box. You may write to them if you want to voice your opinions.

By the way, the X6 is selling quite well in Mainland China due to its "unconventional" sound. TRN isn't KZ. They don't depend on sales volume. If you like it you buy, if not, there are many other options available.

Last edited:
May 3, 2019 at 3:36 AM Post #17,672 of 31,833
I reach for my **** more than any other earphone I have right now (DM6, Kanas Pro, C16, BQ3,?TRN V80, all my earbuds). It’s killed my enjoyment of anything else (except my Whizzer Kylin). Da bass. And the amount of detailed info within the huge soundstage.
+1. It's the best under $200 iem in my collection, to my ears. I brought DMG to work today, but couldn't wait to get back to ****.
If they had put these in a fancier shell and charged $200, it would have been FOTM. This larger DD was excellent in PT25 as well, unfortunately that earbud's fit was terrible (earpod style).

May 5, 2019 at 1:03 AM Post #17,673 of 31,833
well you enablers have sold me on ****, C10, ZSN-pro, TRN-V30, and I have T2 on the way.

By SQ I would rank them, ****-C10-V30-ZSN pro.

by comfort I would say C10-V30-ZSN------****

Its a shame the **** sound very good and balanced but even with them flipped they are barely comfortable. the rest are all decent to very comfortable.

May 5, 2019 at 1:53 AM Post #17,674 of 31,833
well you enablers have sold me on ****, C10, ZSN-pro, TRN-V30, and I have T2 on the way
By SQ I would rank them, ****-C10-V30-ZSN pro.

by comfort I would say C10-V30-ZSN------****

Its a shame the **** sound very good and balanced but even with them flipped they are barely comfortable. the rest are all decent to very comfortable.
I find larger tips work best for me. Ones that are just long enough to keep the shell away from my ears. The largest Starlines work for me or those squishy foamies.

May 5, 2019 at 2:43 AM Post #17,677 of 31,833
I prefer to have good situational awareness. at home I have large open headphones I like. I want to use IEM at work but being as I work alone in a dangerous profession I don't want to completely give up a sense. and large cans just wouldn't fly.

May 5, 2019 at 2:59 AM Post #17,678 of 31,833
May 5, 2019 at 3:30 AM Post #17,679 of 31,833
Hello there!
I recently found out about the chifi IEM’s world and decided to try some after reading so many opinions here on the forums.
So I purchased the TFZ T2 which I really like and the TFZ S2 which I got it as a bargain.
I wanted something with bass since my Bose SoundSport broke and that’s why I went with the T2 and I can say I did picked well. The bass is great, and the mids as well. I can say the subbass needs more refining comparing them to my Sennheiser HD 4.40 but the mid bass is great for listening to hip hop (2Pac Changes, Shook Ones Part II Mobb Deep). Kansas Dust in the Wind the guitar and the violin sound nice. More Then a Feeling Boston the drums sound just right and you can feel the details from the bass but seems to go away fast.
For the setup I went with foam tips and NICEHCK 8 core cooper cable (thanks Fawzay for the rec).
The only problem I have is that the sound seems “electric” somethimes and not very natural, and the voices sound somehow in the back.
My question is: should I try the S2? I have them here but did not opened the box. Or should I go with something like Tin T3? I want something with more neutral sound but with great subbass.
Thanks!

May 5, 2019 at 5:52 AM Post #17,680 of 31,833
I prefer to have good situational awareness. at home I have large open headphones I like. I want to use IEM at work but being as I work alone in a dangerous profession I don't want to completely give up a sense. and large cans just wouldn't fly.

Earbuds are perfect for that situation and you might be surprised how good they are these days. My best ones remind me of a open back headphone.

May 5, 2019 at 10:00 AM Post #17,681 of 31,833

Ah, you need earbuds or ‘earpod’ style phones my friend.

A dangerous profession? You aren’t one of those people who change the anti-airplane light bulbs on top of tall towers are you?

May 5, 2019 at 1:50 PM Post #17,682 of 31,833
Earbuds are perfect for that situation and you might be surprised how good they are these days. My best ones remind me of a open back headphone.
Ah, you need earbuds or ‘earpod’ style phones my friend.
Despite my fledgling collection of IEMs I actually have rather the same preference, though it's strictly just personal preference. Don't like closed headphones either and even the flanged eartips for the wireless Bose earphones are mildly annoying. Buuuuut every earbud I've tried falls out of my ear unless I wedge them in hard enough they hurt. :-/ Plus I despise the feel of on-ear headphones and the foam covering on earbuds is just similar enough to irritate me. I don't like the mild isolation but it's the lesser evil, in my opinion.

(I keep wavering on whether to jump in on one of (Mass)Drop's Koss KDE250 drops for this general reason, though unless I'm crazy lucky with how stable it fits it wouldn't be suitable for walking. Got a pair of cheap Sony earphones with a similar in-ear form factor and while it does dampen sound a *bit* it's less than my IEMs.)

Edit - @slappomatt - Have you looked into bone conduction headphones like the Aftershokz Trekz/Trekz Air? Sound quality isn't super awesome but it's good enough if I'd been able to get a stable fit (I think my ponytail was in just the wrong spot) I'd have been more than happy keeping them, and they don't mess with your ear at all so there's basically zero isolation.

Last edited:
May 5, 2019 at 3:16 PM Post #17,683 of 31,833
Buuuuut every earbud I've tried falls out of my ear unless I wedge them in hard enough they hurt. :-/ Plus I despise the feel of on-ear headphones and the foam covering on earbuds is just similar enough to irritate me.

Have you tried an mmcx or detachable cable earbud that can be worn over ear?

You can even wear normal earbuds over ear. If you need extra stability for the cable there are silicone ear hooks that can be used with them as well. There are also silicone rings and/or covers to possiblly increase fit/seal without needing to use foams.

There will be less bass with no foams but ymmv depending on fit.

May 5, 2019 at 4:24 PM Post #17,684 of 31,833
Have you tried an mmcx or detachable cable earbud that can be worn over ear?

You can even wear normal earbuds over ear. If you need extra stability for the cable there are silicone ear hooks that can be used with them as well. There are also silicone rings and/or covers to possiblly increase fit/seal without needing to use foams.

There will be less bass with no foams but ymmv depending on fit.
Hadn't realized there were detachable (and thus flippable) earbuds so no I haven't tried any. :p I'm invested, however minimally, into IEMs now and seeing as how my only complaint is the mild isolation (there might be foam tips small enough to work for me but I've not got any) I'm disinclined to start gambling $ on a maybe but that's definitely something I'll have to keep at least half an eye on in the future. :)

May 5, 2019 at 4:40 PM Post #17,685 of 31,833
Hadn't realized there were detachable (and thus flippable) earbuds so no I haven't tried any. :p I'm invested, however minimally, into IEMs now and seeing as how my only complaint is the mild isolation (there might be foam tips small enough to work for me but I've not got any) I'm disinclined to start gambling $ on a maybe but that's definitely something I'll have to keep at least half an eye on in the future. :)

If you have regular earbuds you can try them by looping the cable over your ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back