CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Apr 30, 2019 at 10:55 PM Post #17,641 of 31,834
Considering the graph says it is for illustration only and not representative of the true frequency response of the product, I somewhat question how legitimate it is. Still looks cool regardless.

Hahaha... I wrote that disclaimer for TRN.

By the way, if you want the actual FR and IDF graphs, contact me on Facebook. I won't post them on Head-Fi.

Last edited:
May 1, 2019 at 2:22 AM Post #17,642 of 31,834
May 1, 2019 at 6:30 AM Post #17,643 of 31,834
So for last month or so I haven't been actively reading the thread as I concluded that **** for now is endgame for sub-$50 IEMs for me.
But just in case: any new products launched recently that are equally hyped?

I think I was the first to write about **** in this thread back in December when it came out, Since then I started having an issue with the left piece - rattling sound on high volume / strong bass tracks, which, with help of this thread, I diagnosed as hair in dynamic driver. Problem came and went, and came back again, and I have finally decided to throw it away and unpack my backup box **** box which I purchased in March.

I am pleasantly surprised that they use a much better MMCX cable now (black on photo), pleasant and not tangling. The one they used early on (grey) is tangly and with too strong memory. Good upgrade!

1054kev.jpg

I will probably switch to KZ 8-core anyway (this one, my favourite) but this new **** cable is also quite good. Robust but light, just how I like.

May 1, 2019 at 5:05 PM Post #17,644 of 31,834
Put my TRN X6 order in today, the waiting begins.

May 1, 2019 at 6:34 PM Post #17,645 of 31,834
Okay I gave it a month but I'm not getting much isolation from my KZ ZSR and feel like I wasted another $20 (the sound signature isn't great for vocals either). I need some really good isolation on the bus and without using foam tips which I don't like, any other recommendations (the flatter and more forward sounding signature the better)? I think the problem with the ZSR for me is that to get good isolation, you need bigger ears, the giant ear piece on the ZSR doesn't really sit that well in my ear so the isolation doesn't work well.

May 1, 2019 at 7:48 PM Post #17,646 of 31,834
Any change you guys have tried Takstar ts 2280, still can decide between using that or ****, any recommend what should I choose? for wide sound stage and towards a clear sound. (music preference Folk acoustic, ballad rock, classic instrument, and vocal only)

grayes

May 1, 2019 at 8:54 PM Post #17,647 of 31,834
Okay I gave it a month but I'm not getting much isolation from my KZ ZSR and feel like I wasted another $20 (the sound signature isn't great for vocals either). I need some really good isolation on the bus and without using foam tips which I don't like, any other recommendations (the flatter and more forward sounding signature the better)? I think the problem with the ZSR for me is that to get good isolation, you need bigger ears, the giant ear piece on the ZSR doesn't really sit that well in my ear so the isolation doesn't work well.
Have you tried the kZ ZS3/ZS4/ZS3E? I only own the ZS3 but the three I mentioned are all V-Shaped from what I've heard. Also, since the ZS4 and ZS3E have the same shape as the ZS3, you should be getting suction-like isolation I haven't experienced with any other IEMs.

May 1, 2019 at 9:06 PM Post #17,648 of 31,834
Any change you guys have tried Takstar ts 2280, still can decide between using that or ****, any recommend what should I choose? for wide sound stage and towards a clear sound. (music preference Folk acoustic, ballad rock, classic instrument, and vocal only)

grayes
I reach for my **** more than any other earphone I have right now (DM6, Kanas Pro, C16, BQ3,?TRN V80, all my earbuds). It’s killed my enjoyment of anything else (except my Whizzer Kylin). Da bass. And the amount of detailed info within the huge soundstage.

May 1, 2019 at 9:14 PM Post #17,649 of 31,834
I reach for my **** more than any other earphone I have right now (DM6, Kanas Pro, C16, BQ3,?TRN V80, all my earbuds). It’s killed my enjoyment of anything else (except my Whizzer Kylin). Da bass. And the amount of detailed info within the huge soundstage.

Definitely cop then, thank you m8

May 2, 2019 at 1:32 AM Post #17,652 of 31,834
Put my TRN X6 order in today, the waiting begins.

Waiting too with tin HiFi T3 and Hanxiangzi HT190 ( which is totally unknow on Google ) and TFZ X1

Trn X6 intrigues me, the last V30 are very good for me

May 2, 2019 at 2:01 AM Post #17,653 of 31,834
Does anyone know any good eartips that decreases the high-mids (3Khz-5Khz), while perhaps also increasing the bass and upper treble?

May 2, 2019 at 8:01 AM Post #17,654 of 31,834
Have you tried the kZ ZS3/ZS4/ZS3E? I only own the ZS3 but the three I mentioned are all V-Shaped from what I've heard. Also, since the ZS4 and ZS3E have the same shape as the ZS3, you should be getting suction-like isolation I haven't experienced with any other IEMs.
agreed--zs3/zs4 isolate grate; also consider trn v80

May 2, 2019 at 8:01 AM Post #17,655 of 31,834
Waiting too with tin HiFi T3 and Hanxiangzi HT190 ( which is totally unknow on Google ) and TFZ X1

Trn X6 intrigues me, the last V30 are very good for me

We probably need to put together a swap meet sometime and trade/lend some of these so everybody gets a chance to hear them without spending a fortune. With the bloom in Chi-fi there are now more than any one person can reasonably afford.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back