CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
May 6, 2019 at 10:38 AM Post #17,701 of 31,833
May 6, 2019 at 10:50 AM Post #17,702 of 31,833
There's a new EZ AUDIO in town.

EZ AUDIO X3

It's a single dynamic driver.
Anyone has some info about it?
Actually I love the D4 but can't find a single review of the X3...

EZAUDIO X3.PNG

May 6, 2019 at 11:57 AM Post #17,703 of 31,833
There's a new EZ AUDIO in town.

EZ AUDIO X3

It's a single dynamic driver.
Anyone has some info about it?
Actually I love the D4 but can't find a single review of the X3...

I have one on order in red/blue....ordered because of you!

May 6, 2019 at 12:05 PM Post #17,704 of 31,833
Hey! Haven't you just bought a blue/red earbud? Now a blue/red IEM?

I may pull the trigger on this one. The Moondrop Crescent is coming to me. Not the Moondrop Kanas Pro yet... First it's low cost version.

I find funny that no one mention there's a Aliexpress Sale right now. Not 11.11-like, but a sale nevertheless...

May 6, 2019 at 12:11 PM Post #17,705 of 31,833
Hey! Haven't you just bought a blue/red earbud? Now a blue/red IEM?

I may pull the trigger on this one. The Moondrop Crescent is coming to me. Not the Moondrop Kanas Pro yet... First it's low cost version.

I find funny that no one mention there's a Aliexpress Sale right now. Not 11.11-like, but a sale nevertheless...

Yes I guess I am in a red/blue mood. I have the Moondrop Crescent...very nice! Have decided not to get the Kanas Pro. I bought the Kinera IDUN as my high cost (to me) IEM.

...and yes... Aliexpress started a Ramadan Festival sale today as it is the first day of Ramadan.

May 6, 2019 at 12:46 PM Post #17,707 of 31,833
Hm ... T2 around 27 now, T3s around 55 .... are T3s worth twice the money?

IMO the T3 is worst than the T2. Much worse. Very piercing treble unless used with foams and a warm source. Detailed? Yes, but you also gain a headache for free.

The EMI C880, EZ Audio D4 and Sony MH-755 eat the Tin Hifi T3 for breakfast at a fraction of the price.
My biggest 2019 disillusion. Waste of money really.

Last edited:
May 6, 2019 at 1:15 PM Post #17,708 of 31,833
IMO the T3 is worst than the T2. Much worse. Very piercing treble unless used with foams and a warm source. Detailed? Yes, but you also gain a headache for free.

The EMI C880, EZ Audio D4 and Sony MH-755 eat the Tin Hifi T3 for breakfast at a fraction of the price.
My biggest 2019 disillusion. Waste of money really.

Hm .... an interesting remark, given how many audio channels promote both T2 and T3 and the D4 is less than 10 USD atm on AliExpress. Now I'm quite confused.

May 6, 2019 at 1:24 PM Post #17,709 of 31,833
Hm .... an interesting remark, given how many audio channels promote both T2 and T3 and the D4 is less than 10 USD atm on AliExpress. Now I'm quite confused.

You can’t always go by price, or ‘higher’ model numbers, or numbers of drivers, or words like ‘Pro’ after the name. None of that is a guarantee it will be better, and often it’s worse.

That’s true of all headphones, not just Tin Audio.

Sometimes it’s just lightning in a bottle, where you can get something really good for the price. A diamond in the rough. T2 is another example. And so on.

Look at the Koss KSC75. $10-$15, with sound of something much more expensive.

There’s a number of these ridiculous bang-for-the-buck items in ChiFi, sprinkled around in every price range.

Last edited:
May 6, 2019 at 2:00 PM Post #17,710 of 31,833
There’s a number of these ridiculous bang-for-the-buck items in ChiFi, sprinkled around in every price range.

I bet :) The problem is I get total contradictions, a 180 degrees opposite to the extremes, not just slight variations in taste ... of course it depends on taste or the things you know to compare to or quality control ... but "Chi-Fi Reviews" on youtube calls the D4 simply "bad" etc ... not "Okay" or "okay for the price" or whatever ... just pure crap. So it's brutal - total confusion.

Last edited:
May 6, 2019 at 2:07 PM Post #17,712 of 31,833
I bet :) The problem is I get total contradictions ... of course it depends on taste or the things you know to compare to or quality control ... but "Chi-Fi Reviews" on youtube calls the D4 simply "bad" etc ... not "Okay" or "okay for the price" or whatever ... just pure crap. So it's brutal - total confusion.

Well, just remember that everyone has an opinion, no matter how valid. It’s only 1 person. They should all be taken with a grain of salt.

As you mentioned, QC issues, bad source matching, poor seal, wrong eartips, etc. Not to mention everyone has different sound signature preferences.

May 6, 2019 at 5:06 PM Post #17,713 of 31,833
Which of the sub-$100 Chi-Fi IEMs have standout vocal performance for you guys? I'm looking for something with forward (which seems rare considering most ChIEMs seem to be V-shaped) female vocals that are clear and detailed. It's also difficult as the former requirements seem to resolve in something overly bright or sibilant for me.

For female vocals, probably the EZAUDIO D4 or the Sony MH750/755. They are the cheaper players in the game but provide exactly what you seem to be looking for.

May 6, 2019 at 6:27 PM Post #17,715 of 31,833
After enjoying the quality of the Revonext QT5 I chose to try the Revonext RX8S (the triple driver version 1DD+2BA). Must admit i found it quite flat on first listen but i had spent yesterday with the Final e4000 which is profoundly musical and quite coloured. I was out and about all day with it paired with Fiio M6. The more i listened to i the more it struck me how balanced it is. Perhaps neutral even. i wasn't expecting so much detail though. i expected something that sat at the table with the QT5, TRN V30, CCA C10 and other circa £20-30 recent offerings. I found it tailored slightly more towards the C10 in signature AT FIRST. After a few hours listening it is much more detailed than all of them and the soundstage is either similar or bigger (def not smaller).

I read someone reviewing them (and there's hardly anything out there) saying that MIDS were flat, but I think it's more down to the lack of any overuse of colour to make them smooth sounding and the more neutral presentation. Good extension both ways. Note weight same as C10

They look cool too. i went for transparent shell. The only thing is they are big. But they've made the nozzle long enough to combat their bulk. The nozzle is also huge in diameter. The tips used are okay, but I changed to a slightly wider bore and it made a big difference.

I'd def recommend it if you liked the C10 and wanted a bit more cohesion and balance and more detail, less V shape.

IMG_20190506_230326.jpg IMG_20190506_230401.jpg IMG_20190506_230416 (1).jpg IMG_20190506_230505.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back