CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Apr 16, 2019 at 3:45 PM Post #17,416 of 31,833
So after several days I have received the **** which was indicated as "deposited in mailbox" last week. Huge sigh of relief as I was starting to look at my neighbours suspiciously. ;D
After a whole day travelling with it I am impressed. I might give a more detailed breakdown later but so far, soundstage is indeed big. Sounds external instead of in your head. Am surprised by the bass which I thought would be light, but it pushes wind and percussions sounds nice, thumping and a nice dryness added to it.
Also, got a remote with the increasingly rare volume control.

That is a great relief. So, "deposited in mailbox" just meant it had been turned over to the mail system in your country.

Apr 16, 2019 at 5:23 PM Post #17,417 of 31,833
That is a great relief. So, "deposited in mailbox" just meant it had been turned over to the mail system in your country.

Not too sure, as even on the French post's tracking it was marked as delivered" in mailbox " just as the Chinese tracker which is a first for me.
I did not have time to contact the local post in person, however Chinese post said "it has been delivered, look here at this screenshot" when I told them I did not receive it.

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2019 at 7:34 PM Post #17,418 of 31,833
Not too sure, as even on the French post's tracking it was marked as delivered" in mailbox " just as the Chinese tracker which is a first for me.
I did not have time to contact the local post in person, however Chinese post said "it has been delivered, look here at this screenshot" when I told them I did not receive it.

like i said right, delivered sometimes only means delivered on your local post office, give it few days, if it doesn't appear more than a weeks than you'll need to start to worry. Anyway glad you don't lost yours.

Apr 16, 2019 at 8:50 PM Post #17,419 of 31,833
Something got "lost in translation"! This is part of the fun of ChiFi, dealing with puzzling translations...

Apr 17, 2019 at 2:56 AM Post #17,421 of 31,833
The **** **** were a huge fail for me. They may sound great but the metal body is so heavy it's like having dumbbells in my ears. The weight issue is so bad the earpieces just fall to the ground! I even tried every eartip I own and they still don't make the **** useable. I'm sticking to iems with memory wire/ear hooks from here on out.

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2019 at 6:52 AM Post #17,423 of 31,833
The **** **** were a huge fail for me. They may sound great but the metal body is so heavy it's like having dumbbells in my ears. The weight issue is so bad the earpieces just fall to the ground! I even tried every eartip I own and they still don't make the **** useable. I'm sticking to iems with memory wire/ear hooks from here on out.

Switch R and L earpieces and wear them up not down.

Apr 17, 2019 at 8:01 AM Post #17,424 of 31,833
I had originally thought of getting these but now I'm very attracted towards the Memt X5S. I want to own a pair of IEM's purely just for their eardrum-earthquake shaking bass that I can feel :sweat_smile:. I think my options are either the KZ ES4, KZ ZS3E or the Memt X5S. Which one would be better?
I only have the ES4. I can vouch that they are legit basshead. Can be EQ'd and amped for extreme basshead levels. Bass a bit bleedy. Well okay, they gush, but that can be cleaned up via EQ as well. Once bleed is cleaned up they shine with a wide stage with good placement and separation.

Apr 17, 2019 at 9:29 AM Post #17,425 of 31,833
Gonna buy my first IEM with price more than 5$. Prefered genres: a lot of jazz with alto and tenor sax, stoner/psychedelic rock and sometimes idm, downtempo, chillout. Price range 30-50$, was thinking about TIN T2/T3 - they were often described as IEMs with neutral signature, but I don't know how sensitive my ears will be to high frequency pikes from frequency response charts (8-9 and 11-12 kHz). As I understand I need some kind of neutral or a little bit warm sound signature for instrumental music? Any other sugestions for listed music genres in this price range?

P.S. Also was looking for Final Audio E2000 or E3000, they are not selling locally in my country, but saw few people selling used.

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2019 at 10:32 AM Post #17,426 of 31,833
Gonna buy my first IEM with price more than 5$. Prefered genres: a lot of jazz with alto and tenor sax, stoner/psychedelic rock and sometimes idm, downtempo, chillout. Price range 30-50$, was thinking about TIN T2/T3 - they were often described as IEMs with neutral signature, but I don't know how sensitive my ears will be to high frequency pikes from frequency response charts (8-9 and 11-12 kHz). As I understand I need some kind of neutral or a little bit warm sound signature for instrumental music? Any other sugestions for listed music genres in this price range?

P.S. Also was looking for Final Audio E2000 or E3000, they are not selling locally in my country, but saw few people selling used.
While I'm not a huge fan of them, the CCA C10 is the best answer in your price range with what you're looking for.

Apr 17, 2019 at 11:34 AM Post #17,428 of 31,833
While I'm not a huge fan of them, the CCA C10 is the best answer in your price range with what you're looking for.
I'm a little skeptical about chi-fi with more than 2 drivers - it's a high chance of getting unbalanced channels and odd sounding because of faulty driver. Also in review of couple similar 4-5 driver earphones from KZ I saw strong discrepancies between left and right channel on measurement charts. But you are not only one who suggested them, so gonna add to the list. Btw, how are they compared to ZS10 and AS10?

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2019 at 12:39 PM Post #17,429 of 31,833
QT5 V i.jpg QT5 V ii.jpg QT5.jpg

Must admit, I wasn't a fan of the QT5 first hour or so listening to it. It's one of the coolest looking IEMs I have, maybe joint with the TFZ Ex 5. Sound ; well I've never fully understood what neutral tuning is, but as this adapts so wildly to each source I played them thru PERHAPS that is close to their signature? It's like the TRN V80 but with the sub bass replaced by a strong mid bass and mids just slightly pushed forward. Note weight and tone a little similar in the mids and treble, the V80 extending a bit more.

Like I said, when i played it thru my favourite DAC (Sabaj DA3) the mid bass was WAY too strong for my tastes. Then playing it thru a lot more balanced, softer DAP (FIIO M7) it tamed the mid bass and it's a really enjoyable, slightly mature sound.

If you have small ears they MIGHT cos you a bit of pain after long sessions like I got (see pics). Apart from that very comfy.

Attachments

• V30 vs2.jpg
    V30 vs2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Apr 17, 2019 at 1:41 PM Post #17,430 of 31,833
Yeah, another review....it just never stop sorry-not-sorry!

This is the post hyped CCA C10 review, up on headfi and No BS HERE

These are very good, smooth timbre, pumped up sub bass, clear mids, light treble.
But in no way they can compete with above 100$ iem or even 50-100$ earphones. I mean, come on. The BA's in there are very basic and lack refinement and richness in treble and timbre. As well, the bass can mix up and soundstage lack air so when there lot of instrument it can go messy.

I subjectively prefer **** by quite a big margain. As well as T2, T3 and all Final Audio.

CCA C10 is still my second favorite earphones in all KZ line up, first rank is ZS5v1. C10 is more natural and refined sounding than ZS10 as well.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back