CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Mar 14, 2019 at 2:28 PM Post #16,832 of 31,833
KZ ZSN and C04 suit your requirement considering you need a mini all-rounder and assuming you're on a budget. Although, it would be helpful if you can specify your budget.

Thanks. My budget would be similar to most people in this thread I suppose. Around 15$-35$ ? I have my Sennheiser HD599 for more "intense" home use but I recently discovered the world of inexpensive bang for buck chinese audio tech and want to try out some more, especially IEMs. Again thank you.

Mar 14, 2019 at 3:10 PM Post #16,833 of 31,833
Thanks. My budget would be similar to most people in this thread I suppose. Around 15$-35$ ? I have my Sennheiser HD599 for more "intense" home use but I recently discovered the world of inexpensive bang for buck chinese audio tech and want to try out some more, especially IEMs. Again thank you.
Then ZSN, Vjjb K2 and C10 should serve you good. Can't comment on other choices as I don't own them. C10 ($26) would be my preferred choice in that price bracket

Mar 14, 2019 at 5:47 PM Post #16,836 of 31,833
So I received a little treat today 7 days earlier than scheduled from Amazon US. The Rosewill EX-500, DD+Ceramic D. I've only had around an hour with it but early indications are it has a particularly BIG sound akin to the spaciousness of the **** but with a much meatier sub bass which at first was very distracting but after a while the detail does come thru from a slightly brighter upper mids. It doesn't seem to have the overall resolution of the **** or Artiste DC1 but it can be pretty detailed given the right song/genre. Again, early doors. At the £10 i paid a very good buy. IMG_20190314_175507.jpg IMG_20190314_175834.jpg

Mar 14, 2019 at 6:11 PM Post #16,837 of 31,833
any recommendation for under $50 neutral IEM with mmcx ? so far I just know is the T2
I would suggest the ****. Very neutral and natural sound. Use wide bore tips and lots of power. If you can afford it get a high quality cable as well, it's worth it. At around $25 the **** is amazing value.

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2019 at 6:16 PM Post #16,838 of 31,833
I would suggest the ****. Very neutral and natural sound. Use wide bore tips and lots of power. If you can afford it get a high quality cable as well, it's worth it. At around $25 the **** is amazing value.
You prefer the **** to the T2? I see crinacle just got the **** two days ago and didn't like it, and in fact he heard the bass as overwhelming rather than neutral.

Mar 14, 2019 at 7:32 PM Post #16,840 of 31,833

this has even better sound than some wired iems on it's price range. really good purchase for me. love it
Yes! Glad you like the QCY T1C or QS1 so much. I knew I couldn't be the only one. :)

In other news: just bought the Tennmak Pro (reader suggestion) and TRN H1 to even further expand my abnormal collection. :p

Mar 14, 2019 at 7:34 PM Post #16,841 of 31,833
So I received a little treat today 7 days earlier than scheduled from Amazon US. The Rosewill EX-500, DD+Ceramic D. I've only had around an hour with it but early indications are it has a particularly BIG sound akin to the spaciousness of the **** but with a much meatier sub bass which at first was very distracting but after a while the detail does come thru from a slightly brighter upper mids. It doesn't seem to have the overall resolution of the **** or Artiste DC1 but it can be pretty detailed given the right song/genre. Again, early doors. At the £10 i paid a very good buy.

Try removing the nozzle filter, and running with no filter at all. It lowers the sub bass just a tad and bumps up the resolution just a tad. Also, I found the widest bore tip possible further reduces the sub bass, making the whole thing more balanced and opens up the sound.

With those 2 changes, I liked them so much I bought a 2nd pair. Although the purchase was to get the included Spinfits more than anything, which by themselves are worth $10/set.

Mar 14, 2019 at 7:51 PM Post #16,843 of 31,833
3f72e3ce777599f795810f5f0ddb27f5

Horsing around in Hill Audio store for new obscur budget iem, I fall on this 11$ PIEZO DYNAMIC and get very intrigued with a What-its-so-cheap confuse excitation.

Give a look to this Malaysian store, he got really interesting stuffs, like a taobao where you can have international shipping if you contact the seller and use paypal. I might give a try on these or another universal custom like the Hill Altair. They have crazy low priced budget iem, I wonder if its because of change rate, but anyway, impressive choice!

https://shopee.com.my/HillAudio-Piezo-Dynamic-Driver-Hifi-Earphone-i.6548893.1544589888

Mar 14, 2019 at 8:11 PM Post #16,844 of 31,833
any recommendation for under $50 neutral IEM with mmcx ? so far I just know is the T2

i wouldn't say the T2 natural. balanced yes, natural, not really

Users who are viewing this thread

Back