CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jan 10, 2019 at 4:04 PM Post #15,286 of 31,833
AS06 costs approx $30 on AE while AS10 costs roughly $44. I would easily pick AS06 over AS10 because there is not much difference in SQ, just a very slight more details in AS10 but that does not makes much sense as both have elevated bass and slightly pushed back vocals with slightly dark sound tonality.

They are slightly different. Less agressive more warm less shiny

Jan 10, 2019 at 7:53 PM Post #15,287 of 31,833
@Hercules40k i will wear them over the next few days to compare both, i think its more indicative this way. However OOTB i would say they punch harder at lower ends, has an airier and deeper soundstage. Quite an immersive experience as they are very engaging. They dont have the wow factor when switching from the AS10. Isolation is not as good as the AS10 but very good already.

@kennyhack ahh bummer, i came from the AS10 and the bass is more apparent on this. The nozzle lip issue i encountered it once ytd and i am using M size starlines. But after i pushed them all the way in they havent fall out yet xD hmm from what i've read they seem to be more capable than the ZSN which is the reason i got it.

Jan 10, 2019 at 9:05 PM Post #15,288 of 31,833
CCA has now released an 8 BA In-Ear driver. Of course there is KZ under the hood, but I wonder why they released this model via CCA and not via themselves. It seems as if KZ wanted to stay under the 100 € with their in-ears. The same housing as the AS10.

You can buy the C16 here: Store

Wow, 4x30095 BAs. That's some serious treble horsepower under the hood.

Jan 10, 2019 at 9:10 PM Post #15,289 of 31,833
Received the CCA C10 and i've gotta say they are pretty damn good. The build quality is so much better than the KZs and the bass is very present.The faceplate is metal too which makes it nicer.

Like it so far and i have to say i'm on clear's camp to advocate the C10. Thanks! @1clearhead
Glad to help! :wink:

But, just a reminder...the KZ ZSN are very similar in the housing and construction as the C10, and they do come out off the same assembly line as the KZ's.

:point_right: Both KZ's and CCA's sail on the same boat. :sailboat:

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2019 at 12:48 AM Post #15,290 of 31,833
CCA has now released an 8 BA In-Ear driver. Of course there is KZ under the hood, but I wonder why they released this model via CCA and not via themselves. It seems as if KZ wanted to stay under the 100 € with their in-ears. The same housing as the AS10.

You can buy the C16 here: Store

At almost 200$ this competes with: Vsonic gr07x, ibasso it01 , moondrop kanas (and pro), Tenhz p4 pro(also the newer t5), bgvp dmg, fiio f9pro, whizzer he-03, ikko oh1, , Hifiboy osv3, toneking bl1, etymotic er3xr, three or four magaosi offerings, the nicehck ones and the list goes on... toneking t4, tansio mirai mr3, bgvp dm6, Orioulos Finschi, ibasso it01s and kanas pro are a little bit pricier but all of them reported to be giant killers for respectable ears and experience.

The most competitive price segment on the market today

Will the kz/cca tuning live up to this ? The drivers are ok, +300$ beaters uses bellsing drivers, at that point, only the Engineering counts, but i still doubt of the kz tuning.

Design wise these ones barely start and are alredy losing.

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2019 at 1:01 AM Post #15,291 of 31,833
At almost 200$ this competes with: Vsonic gr07x, ibasso it01 , moondrop kanas (and pro), Tenhz p4 pro(also the newer t5), bgvp dmg, fiio f9pro, whizzer he-03, ikko oh1, , Hifiboy osv3, toneking bl1, etymotic er3xr, three or four magaosi offerings, the nicehck ones and the list goes on... toneking t4, tansio mirai mr3, bgvp dm6, Orioulos Finschi, ibasso it01s and kanas pro are a little bit pricier but all of them reported to be giant killers for respectable ears and experience.

The most competitive price segment on the market today

Will the kz/cca tuning live up to this ? The drivers are ok, +300$ beaters uses bellsing drivers, at that point, only the Engineering counts, but i still doubt of the kz tuning.

Design wise these ones barely start and are alredy losing.

Honestly, I think if KZ/CCA is going to justify stepping up to the $100-$130 price point, they need to start using at least some Knowles drivers in their higher end IEMs.

I'd much rather see an IEM from them with 3-5 Knowles drivers per side than 6-8 Bellsing drivers...

More does not mean better.

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2019 at 1:17 AM Post #15,292 of 31,833
Honestly, I think if KZ/CCA is going to justify stepping up to the $100-$130 price point, they need to start using at least some Knowles drivers in their higher end IEMs.

Knowles always give some idea of quality. But i am thinking with myself, each day that passes, that at this point, there is no audible difference beetwen bellsing and knowles. Based in what say that ? you may ask, the answer is: Nothing. hahahha

But, you know, my bgvp dmg for example, have a marvelous mid range and treble response, only downside is being covered by the mid bass slam of the dynamics: not knowles drivers, even if bgvp marketing tries to enganble us.

The same thing happens with my other earphone. The aquiles heel of the tehnz p4 pro is the bass. The best thing is the mid range and treble. The mid range and treble: not knowles. Bass driver: knowles CI2955, same used on Dm6 wich is very praised for its bass response, and the new Fiio Flagshi fa7. What we can conclude from that ? the knowles driver coundn't save the bass of the p4 pro, nor its the element the defines the bas quality of the other two.
I haven't received my as06 yet, but b9s for example, was impressed with its bass quality, the same b9 said he prefer the bass of kz ba10 over p4 pro. Bellsing winning over knowles here.

Anyway, this debate on bellsing drivers is very inreresting, i wish we could have more information

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2019 at 1:55 AM Post #15,293 of 31,833
Knowles always give some idea of quality. But i am thinking with myself, each day that passes, that at this point, there is no audible difference beetwen bellsing and knowles. Based in what say that ? you may ask, the answer is: Nothing. hahahha

But, you know, my bgvp dmg for example, have a marvelous mid range and treble response, only downside is being covered by the mid bass slam of the dynamics: not knowles drivers, even if bgvp marketing tries to enganble us.

The same thing happens with my other earphone. The aquiles heel of the tehnz p4 pro is the bass. The best thing is the mid range and treble. The mid range and treble: not knowles. Bass driver: knowles CI2955, same used on Dm6 wich is very praised for its bass response, and the new Fiio Flagshi fa7. What we can conclude from that ? the knowles driver coundn't save the bass of the p4 pro.
I haven't received my as06 yet, but b9s for example, was impressed with its bass quality, the same b9 said he prefer the bass of kz ba10 over p4 pro. Bellsing winning over knowles here.

Anyway, this debate on bellsing drivers is very inreresting, i wish we could have more information

No no, I mean it from a perception standpoint.

For example, if I opened a hamburger restaurant and I was using the absolute lowest grade of beef for the burgers, it would be ok if I charged $0.99 for a single patty burger and $1.59 for a double patty burger. Like McDonald’s (who uses very low grade beef).

But what if I then out of the blue made a burger with 3 patties, but I charged $50? Well, customers would see it as a shady price jump, because the beef patties are the same ones I am using in the $0.99 burgers.

So what if instead of the low grade beef patties, I used kobe beef that costs $100/lb? Since it is better quality ingredients, the perception is that the high cost of the $50 burger is justified (over my $0.99 burger).

That’s the point I was trying to make about needing to use Knowles if they were going to try and charge $130. Because Bellsing drivers cost 1/10 the price, so it seems hard to justify.

And yes, I know there’s other costs to consider such as the shell, plastic, cable, tips, packaging, tuning, etc.

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2019 at 4:33 AM Post #15,294 of 31,833
Remax RM-530 Unboxing and Review

Is it too late to share Christmas presents? I hope not, because during the holidays I received a very nice present that I bought myself, and it's called the Remax RM-530.

JcDgvNf.jpg

First off we get treated with a really big packaging...

fmWhwcg.jpg

giphy.gif

And a really nice looking leather pouch made from real rawhide...

xUnbPwj.jpg

And now we take a look at the earphones themselves...

giphy.gif

The RM530 sports an uncommon yet overall understated design. The cable, by the way, is really nice and its texture/pattern is kind of similar to the Tin Audio T515.

=================================================================================

Sound Quality

Well I've been listening to these for almost a month now and I gotta say, these are super underrated for the incredibly smooth and highly forgiving sound they put out.

Bass
The bass is one of my favorite aspects of these, they sound punchy yet clean (moderately fast decay), and unlike most budget IEMs they aren't overdone in quantity. For example when a bass guitar is playing, the notes have a rich bass texture but decays fairly quickly and never overshadows the mids. Yes, some people might find the sub-bass lacking but I personally appreciate the humble approach they took with the bass. Overall a very satisfying and addicting bass response.

Mids
Mids, like the bass, are very clean and smooth, and boasts a pleasantly natural tonality. They aren't emphasized nor recessed, which makes for a highly enjoyable yet harsh-free sound. This becomes evident once you see that their midrange FR curve is more of a steady linear slope than a peak.

Highs
Treble is exactly how I like it, bright but completely transparent. Absolutely zero sibilance. These are a lo-fi lovers dream as they are super forgiving on recordings that would otherwise be plagued with unnecessary detail on more revealing IEMs. In terms of tonality I'd say it's somewhere along the lines of ED9/HDS3, but a bit less bright and detailed.

Soundstage and Imaging
Soundstage is a bit above average that feels spacious in terms of width but lacks depth. Imaging is just average but does the job well great actually, not the most precise but it handles spatial cues quite well and makes them discernible.

Other notes
I have noticed that you have to crank the volume significantly in order to get an adequate volume out of them, but doing this also means that you're safe to crank up the volume and not worry about any harshness or sibilance.

=================================================================================

Verdict

Overall the Remax RM-530 is an above average budget IEM, and I was honestly very impressed by their sound. It's definitely something I'd pull out and listen to when I'm kicking back and don't necessarily care for amazing details, upfront vocals, and whatnot. The RM-530 is also evidently far more better compared to Remax's other earphones I've tried such as the RM-610D, RM-565, or the S1 Pro, all of which lack the natural tonality that the RM-530 is blessed with. So if you're looking for a smooth luke-warm and laidback sound that is 100% free of harshness yet is still sufficiently bright, this is the IEM you're looking for.

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2019 at 1:15 AM Post #15,295 of 31,833
One question : can I speak of **** EU ? Amazon seller? It's for a review

Jan 12, 2019 at 1:32 AM Post #15,297 of 31,833
Jan 12, 2019 at 2:06 AM Post #15,298 of 31,833
Remax RM-530 Unboxing and Review

Is it too late to share Christmas presents? I hope not, because during the holidays I received a very nice present that I bought myself, and it's called the Remax RM-530.

JcDgvNf.jpg

First off we get treated with a really big packaging...

fmWhwcg.jpg

giphy.gif

And a really nice looking leather pouch made from real rawhide...

xUnbPwj.jpg

And now we take a look at the earphones themselves...

giphy.gif

The RM530 sports an uncommon yet overall understated design. The cable, by the way, is really nice and its texture/pattern is kind of similar to the Tin Audio T515.

Sound Quality

Well I've been listening to these for almost a month now and I gotta say, these are super underrated for the incredibly smooth and highly forgiving sound they put out.

Bass
The bass is one of my favorite aspects of these, they sound punchy yet clean (moderately fast decay), and unlike most budget IEMs they aren't overdone in quantity. For example when a bass guitar is playing, the notes have a rich bass texture but decays fairly quickly and never overshadows the mids. Yes, some people might find the sub-bass lacking but I personally appreciate the humble approach they took with the bass. Overall a very satisfying and addicting bass response.

Mids
Mids, like the bass, are very clean and smooth, and boasts a pleasantly natural tonality. They aren't emphasized nor recessed, which makes for a highly enjoyable yet harsh-free sound. This becomes evident once you see that their midrange FR curve is more of a steady linear slope than a peak.

Highs
Treble is exactly how I like it, bright but completely transparent. Absolutely zero sibilance. These are a lo-fi lovers dream as they are super forgiving on recordings that would otherwise be plagued with unnecessary detail on more revealing IEMs. In terms of tonality I'd say it's somewhere along the lines of ED9/HDS3, but a bit less bright and detailed.

Soundstage and Imaging
Soundstage is a bit above average that feels spacious in terms of width but lacks depth. Imaging is just average but does the job well great actually, not the most precise but it handles spatial cues quite well and makes them discernible.

Other notes
I have noticed that you have to crank the volume significantly in order to get an adequate volume out of them, but doing this also means that you're safe to crank up the volume and not worry about any harshness or sibilance.

Verdict

Overall the Remax RM-530 is an above average budget IEM, and I was honestly very impressed by their sound. It's definitely something I'd pull out and listen to when I'm kicking back and don't necessarily care for amazing details, upfront vocals, and whatnot. The RM-530 is also evidently far more better compared to Remax's other earphones I've tried such as the RM-610D, RM-565, or the S1 Pro, all of which lack the natural tonality that the RM-530 is blessed with. So if you're looking for a smooth luke-warm and laidback sound that is 100% free of harshness yet is still sufficiently bright, this is the IEM you're looking for.

I've got a set of the Remax RM-600M (Single Balanced Armature) earphones, and they're small, but have a surprisingly full sound. Not as much Bass impact as models with dynamic drivers, but with a tight seal in the ears, the Bass sounds good, and fast.
Representative photo of RM-600M
615MO-UjpuL._SL1090_.jpg

Jan 12, 2019 at 7:53 AM Post #15,299 of 31,833
Received the CCA C10 and i've gotta say they are pretty damn good. The build quality is so much better than the KZs and the bass is very present.The faceplate is metal too which makes it nicer.
Question is - how do they compete with KZ ZS7 ?

Jan 12, 2019 at 8:18 AM Post #15,300 of 31,833
Wow, 4x30095 BAs. That's some serious treble horsepower under the hood.

When i see the tuning on ZS7 with the 2x30095 i'm not afraidat all. the mothernoard seems very better to manage frequency.

Question is - how do they compete with KZ ZS7 ?

I can in one week, when i'll receive the CCA10 ! I think they are very similar

Users who are viewing this thread

Back