CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jan 12, 2019 at 9:01 AM Post #15,302 of 31,833
My C10’s are so much different than they were on day one, give them some serious burn in time...Clearheads review mentions the amount of time changes started, occured, etc....its not immediately the C10 I hear today, these babies are like the poster child for burn in so don’t quit on them before the miracle.

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2019 at 11:28 AM Post #15,303 of 31,833
I see the KZ ZS7 begin to earn some love, a (cool) dude write this on NBBA (No BS Budget Audio) facebook group:

Doug
5 janvier, à 18 h 48
''Ok said I’d give first impressions of the KZ ZS7. There a homerun in my book. I enjoyed the ZS5 thought the ZS6 was shouty. I love the AS10 but they are pretty laid back and are slightly lacking in the bass area. These just hit the sweet spot all around. The bass is deep and strong without being bloated and the details are very good without being shouty at all. A++
I would say soundstage is about the same as the ZS5v1. And all the sharpness I had of the ZS6 is gone.''

Must admit, I might fall for KZ again....even if ZS10 is a big disapointment.

Jan 12, 2019 at 11:32 AM Post #15,304 of 31,833
I see the KZ ZS7 begin to earn some love, a (cool) dude write this on NBBA (No BS Budget Audio) facebook group:

Doug
5 janvier, à 18 h 48
''Ok said I’d give first impressions of the KZ ZS7. There a homerun in my book. I enjoyed the ZS5 thought the ZS6 was shouty. I love the AS10 but they are pretty laid back and are slightly lacking in the bass area. These just hit the sweet spot all around. The bass is deep and strong without being bloated and the details are very good without being shouty at all. A++
I would say soundstage is about the same as the ZS5v1. And all the sharpness I had of the ZS6 is gone.''

Must admit, I might fall for KZ again....even if ZS10 is a big disapointment.

Zs10 is very particular. Why are you disappointed ?

Jan 12, 2019 at 11:45 AM Post #15,305 of 31,833
Zs10 is very particular. Why are you disappointed ?
They sound artificial to my ears, and lack clean clarity as well as air and space between instruments.
Its like if whole sound is processed trough an active EQ...As well, i find them very very unconfortable (they always pop out of my ears for no reason)
Listening right now to Vivaldi cello-harpsichord sonata and even if it sound layered....something VERY strange is happening with both instrument....cello sound more like a violin with a far away sub woofer connected to it=its wrong, it do not move air as it should be. Harpsichord lack decay and sparkle and sound soooo small. Still searching for a pleasant musical sinerge with ZS10, but i have no hope really.

Jan 12, 2019 at 11:59 AM Post #15,306 of 31,833
They sound artificial to my ears, and lack clean clarity as well as air and space between instruments.
Its like if whole sound is processed trough an active EQ...As well, i find them very very unconfortable (they always pop out of my ears for no reason)
Listening right now to Vivaldi cello-harpsichord sonata and even if it sound layered....something VERY strange is happening with both instrument....cello sound more like a violin with a far away sub woofer connected to it=its wrong, it do not move air as it should be. Harpsichord lack decay and sparkle and sound soooo small. Still searching for a pleasant musical sinerge with ZS10, but i have no hope really.

When I saw Vivaldi I inderstood. It's for metal, rap and electro. It's all. The tuning it very special, I never use them for other music than mentioned.

You can see in my review on them. It's one of my preferred Iem but not all music.

Jan 12, 2019 at 1:43 PM Post #15,308 of 31,833
Doug
5 janvier, à 18 h 48
I "HATE" CHI-FI ! -.-

Jan 12, 2019 at 1:57 PM Post #15,309 of 31,833
I "HATE" CHI-FI ! -.-
Yeah me too....very intense LOVE-HATE contradictory story...and yep, ZS5v1 comparaisons really hit my LOVE expactation for ZS7 as well....in fact, it drive me to run searching them and replace the ZS10 for the Vivaldi album I was listening too and man, that was a very good reunion! Cello was sounding right and have lot of space around him so the harpsichord can have a tigh decay as it should and organ have great body as well! AH! MUSIC!

Jan 12, 2019 at 2:01 PM Post #15,310 of 31,833
When I saw Vivaldi I inderstood. It's for metal, rap and electro. It's all. The tuning it very special, I never use them for other music than mentioned.

You can see in my review on them. It's one of my preferred Iem but not all music.

Well, I try this Vivaldi album because there not alot of instruments in it, so I was thinking ZS10 could at least deal with it....did not like it for rap and electro as well, because of lack of perfect black background for microdetails to sparkle, as well as a strange bass presentation that do not rumble naturally but...artificially. Vocal feel ackward too...its really that my ears aren't meant to listen to those I guess because its not horrifious sounding, its really a subtle but wholesound presentation aspect....that I put on crossover fault cause I can't find exact reason why it sound slightly but annoyingly false too me.

Jan 12, 2019 at 2:27 PM Post #15,311 of 31,833
Yeah me too....very intense LOVE-HATE contradictory story...and yep, ZS5v1 comparaisons really hit my LOVE expactation for ZS7 as well....in fact, it drive me to run searching them and replace the ZS10 for the Vivaldi album I was listening too and man, that was a very good reunion! Cello was sounding right and have lot of space around him so the harpsichord can have a tigh decay as it should and organ have great body as well! AH! MUSIC!
Yeah, ZS5v1 properly amped is kinda chi-fi "miracle" for me.
But still...
I`m tired of getting all those "really good for the price" chi-fi`s.
This time I`m letting it go and still put that money for Kanas Pro. I`m planning it to be my last IEM.
I already enjoy IT01 modded very much and KP should get me covered with all the rest genres that modded IT01 is "98% of perfect" for my gear and ears.
ZS5v1 was about "96% perfect" for my gear and ears.

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2019 at 3:05 PM Post #15,312 of 31,833
I came from headphones via my first ciem the Unique Melody Miracle (which blew my mind). This set me on a Chi-Fi hunt for sound and boy am I satisfied but the holy grail is still just out of reach. Earbuds have become my passion as they sit in the middle and am making my own which are getting better every day. I have been using the ZSN's for two days and loving my music, pretty flat, no elevated bass but when it is there it is good and clean and from my Lotoo paw 5000 mk2 it is fun

Jan 12, 2019 at 3:10 PM Post #15,313 of 31,833
Yeah, ZS5v1 properly amped is kinda chi-fi "miracle" for me.
But still...
I`m tired of getting all those "really good for the price" chi-fi`s.
This time I`m letting it go and still put that money for Kanas Pro. I`m planning it to be my last IEM.
I already enjoy IT01 modded very much and KP should get me covered with all the rest genres that modded IT01 is "98% of perfect" for my gear and ears.
ZS5v1 was about "96% perfect" for my gear and ears.

Your wise man.
I'm leaning too towards this 50-200$ road ....but a Last IEM is too big of a sentence for me....if you see my room you will understand: i'm the same with ALL audio gear...have like speakers and amp everywhere....sometime I wonder if im autistic or something, sure compulsive-impulsive not doubt about that.

Kanas Pro are sooooo gorgeous looking and well received from what I read, hope they aren't too ultimately sharp tough. They kind of intrigue me since alot of time.
I buy a more expensive IEM on sale+discount lately (11/11) wich is truely a big step up, the NiceHCK M6, but I can't say its final words for me, its a great daily all arounder but still a warmish one. What I like about M6 is how effortlessly it deliver a well layered clear musical sound, this is how I like warm iem, with great but smooth treble extension, not an insanely colored or as seen with some graph peaky one.

Jan 12, 2019 at 3:14 PM Post #15,314 of 31,833
By the way LOL....my not so enthusiast KZ ZS10 review is publish here...sorry for bad pics, didn't feel like giving efforts for this one.

For me its simple: they sound WRONG.

Jan 12, 2019 at 3:29 PM Post #15,315 of 31,833
Kanas Pro are sooooo gorgeous looking and well received from what I read, hope they aren't too ultimately sharp tough. They kind of intrigue me since alot of time.
too ultimately sharp?! LOL, no! Take a look at graphs:
9939337_l.png

Kanas Pro is RED line.
9939338_l.png

9939343_l.jpg

9939336_l.png

9939344_l.png

(user subjective with HT compensation)
I would rather say it is somewhat tip-dependent (which is actually good imo when You have lot of tips to choose from).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back