CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jan 13, 2019 at 1:41 AM Post #15,331 of 31,833
I've got a set of the Remax RM-600M (Single Balanced Armature) earphones, and they're small, but have a surprisingly full sound. Not as much Bass impact as models with dynamic drivers, but with a tight seal in the ears, the Bass sounds good, and fast.
Representative photo of RM-600M
615MO-UjpuL._SL1090_.jpg
Oooo they kind of look like the Final Audio E2000.

Jan 13, 2019 at 3:25 AM Post #15,332 of 31,833
They sound artificial to my ears, and lack clean clarity as well as air and space between instruments.
Its like if whole sound is processed trough an active EQ...As well, i find them very very unconfortable (they always pop out of my ears for no reason)
Listening right now to Vivaldi cello-harpsichord sonata and even if it sound layered....something VERY strange is happening with both instrument....cello sound more like a violin with a far away sub woofer connected to it=its wrong, it do not move air as it should be. Harpsichord lack decay and sparkle and sound soooo small. Still searching for a pleasant musical sinerge with ZS10, but i have no hope really.

Sorry to hear you cannot get your ZS10's to sound good. My experience with them is almost totally opposite - they are my favorite iem, for classical even. Although the classical I listen to is more full orchestra or orchestra with soloist and less baroque. Solo cello recordings sound pretty real to me. I have heard Yo Yo Ma live several times, for example, and the recordings I have by him of the same concertos I have heard him play live sound pretty good.

Out of curiousity, what tips are you using? I find with mine that they benefit from wide bore tips. I use Radio Shack Auvios on mine. Just a suggestion, and I realize that we all have different opinions and tastes. The ZS10's are large with shallow nozzles, so they can be tough to fit.

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2019 at 3:29 AM Post #15,333 of 31,833
Sorry to hear you cannot get your ZS10's to sound good. My experience with them is almost totally opposite - they are my favorite iem, for classical even. Although the classical I listen to is more full orchestra or orchestra with soloist and less baroque. Solo cello recordings sound pretty real to me. I have heard Yo Yo Ma live several times, for example, and the recordings I have by him of the same concertos I have heard him play live sound pretty good.

Out of curiousity, what tips are you using? I find with mine that they benefit from wide bore tips. I use Radio Shack Auvios on mine. Just a suggestion, and I realize that we all have different opinions and tastes. The ZS10's are large with shallow nozzles, so they can be tough to fit.

Your results could be your source too. What source are you using?

I agree that the Auvios are :thumbsup:

Jan 13, 2019 at 4:44 AM Post #15,334 of 31,833
Your results could be your source too. What source are you using?

I agree that the Auvios are :thumbsup:

My sources are not great. Either my Nexus 6p with Neutralizer and Neutron, or my laptop with a FIIO Q1, 1st generation. I think Nymphonomaniac has better sources than mine. Maybe the difference is my age, as I am 64 with some tinnitus, or maybe he is just a much more critical listener. I have probably said this before, but a number of the musicians I studied with used nothing other than a transistor radio to listen. Of course, they were listening for musicality and not sound quality... They also heard live music most days of the week!

Jan 13, 2019 at 8:20 AM Post #15,335 of 31,833
Hey guys, I'm looking to upgrade my CK8 and ZS3. I'm looking at ZSN, ES4 and the CCA C10.

Thing is, I don't really like the ZS3 that much. I found it to be better once I actually got it to work(right earpads) but,
*Took a while to get there, had to go through quite a bit to avoid getting a vacuum effect or for it to sound right
*even when I did it still sounded 'dark' or 'veiled', even when I removed the filter inside.
*The right earphone kept popping off, I fear I will lose it someday
*I need more, separation, better imaging/soundstage, more bass than the ZS3-or bass at least bass on the level of the CK8.

Does the ZSN, ES4 or CCA C10 solve these issues? Are there others in this price gap that I can look at(was looking at the TRN V20/80 but I crossed them out after reading more about them)? I'm trying to avoid earphones being too dark or too bright, a Goldilocks earphone if you will, with good soundstage and lots of bass(I hear ES4 has a lot, but I want to avoid that darkness and lack of soundstage). Within this price bracket of course. RIght now I'm heavily leaning towards the CCA C10 from reviews and impressions in the thread.

Also, why do earphones not come with volume adjustment? They used to be on a lot of cheapo earphones back in the day, but I don't recall seeing any on these expensive earphones.

Jan 13, 2019 at 9:50 AM Post #15,336 of 31,833
I came from headphones via my first ciem the Unique Melody Miracle (which blew my mind). This set me on a Chi-Fi hunt for sound and boy am I satisfied but the holy grail is still just out of reach. Earbuds have become my passion as they sit in the middle and am making my own which are getting better every day. I have been using the ZSN's for two days and loving my music, pretty flat, no elevated bass but when it is there it is good and clean and from my Lotoo paw 5000 mk2 it is fun
Yea, there's lots of love for the Lotoo brand here in China. I know several Chi-fi bosses that use the Lotoo paw to display their earphones at different showrooms or while travelling on the road.

Jan 13, 2019 at 10:13 AM Post #15,337 of 31,833
I came from headphones via my first ciem the Unique Melody Miracle (which blew my mind). This set me on a Chi-Fi hunt for sound and boy am I satisfied but the holy grail is still just out of reach. Earbuds have become my passion as they sit in the middle and am making my own which are getting better every day. I have been using the ZSN's for two days and loving my music, pretty flat, no elevated bass but when it is there it is good and clean and from my Lotoo paw 5000 mk2 it is fun

Earbuds passion for life Panda Bro:wink:

2$ VIDO are very fun to recable! Need to order more drivers for some more experiments!

This experiment take me a total of 5 minutes. Its now like a VIDO with kinda EBX soundstage...
49389749_10155680887416581_2480690170056146944_o.jpg

Unfortunately....its way more complex to DIY IEM....well...on a sudden fast idea impulse.

Yeah, i'm sorry to hear them like this too, is really about a subtle but invasive aspect that distract me from being able to enjoy them. I feel some instruments are out of phase so perhaps I get a defective one who know? I beleive you that you enjoy them....and as yourself, im a real classical music passionate (right now i discover Antonio Soler quintet) that go to lot of show and even have the chance to listen Stéphane Terault play its stradivarius cello at about one meter from me: man THAT was intense! I think ZS10 this time are better with symphony and complex music so you do not concentrate on perfection of audio rendering of specific instruments, if they sound right its already very impressive as symphony is very hard to deal with IEM. Personally I never listen to symphony, only quintet, quartet, trio, duo solo....One thing sure I will follow your advice and try large wide bore tips as you said, have so much tips but such in a messy way....all mixed up, its disastrous so I was searching for these wide bore but don't find them enough fast so I use KZ starline that comme with it.
Hum, but I don't have this auvio(just look the pics)! And I don't think I have any other tips with wide bore apart from KZ starline.....damn.

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2019 at 11:14 AM Post #15,339 of 31,833
Jan 13, 2019 at 11:23 AM Post #15,340 of 31,833
@BadReligionPunk just curious, anw reason for selling the BQ3? Too bad i am not in the states otherwise i will take it

Jan 13, 2019 at 12:03 PM Post #15,341 of 31,833
Jan 13, 2019 at 12:41 PM Post #15,343 of 31,833
Damn! I know I could not sell the ZS10 without loosing half my money....must find a way to love them then.

I have a question about BQ3, are they bright and too sharp in highs like the ZS6???

BQ3 might be one of the best V-shaped chi-fi IEMs. Great, well textured bass with amazing kick, slam and control. Treble is perfect and not sibilant at all. The only downside is that they might have tuned the mids just a tad more prominent, but hey, that's v-shape we're talking about.

As a metalhead I mostly hate EDM but listening to Daft Punk with BQ3 is one of my guilty pleasures lately :)

Jan 13, 2019 at 12:44 PM Post #15,344 of 31,833
Jan 13, 2019 at 1:17 PM Post #15,345 of 31,833
@BadReligionPunk just curious, anw reason for selling the BQ3? Too bad i am not in the states otherwise i will take it
Only reason I'm selling is because I need to make room for new stuff. Want to buy EX800st, Kanas Pro, and ZS07. BQ3 are great, but somewhat redundant compared to some of my other iems that I am not selling.

Damn! I know I could not sell the ZS10 without loosing half my money....must find a way to love them then.

I have a question about BQ3, are they bright and too sharp in highs like the ZS6???
Somewhat Bright. No sibilance. Treble is smooth like Panda said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back