Centrance Hifi-M8 and Hifi-M8 LX (8 versions!) impressions thread
Nov 4, 2013 at 8:49 PM Post #871 of 1,326
My iPod Classic seems to drain its battery almost as fast as the M8, roughly speaking since I haven't measured it.  How are the iPod touches doing in this aspect? I will install a CF card in one of my Classic and see how that works out.  I do really appreciate that my iPod's can be charged at the same time while charging the M8 or when I use it with my PC all of course when it is powered by the power supply! 

Nov 4, 2013 at 8:53 PM Post #872 of 1,326
That has NOT been my experience. I do not hear hiss. I can hear tape hiss on fade out on certain tracks. But "black background" between tracks on both the iPod and Galaxy S4. Mine has not been modded for IEM's. I do listen at the "lowest" setting.

Good to hear.  I should have mine by Friday.  I'll have to see how the W4Rs agree with it.

Nov 4, 2013 at 9:43 PM Post #873 of 1,326
My iPod Classic seems to drain its battery almost as fast as the M8, roughly speaking since I haven't measured it.  How are the iPod touches doing in this aspect? I will install a CF card in one of my Classic and see how that works out.  I do really appreciate that my iPod's can be charged at the same time while charging the M8 or when I use it with my PC all of course when it is powered by the power supply! 

Wow! I think my classic will come close to 2:1 vs the M8. My touch 4G is probably about the same. Take my comments with a grain of salt though, mine don't go off grid for more than 3 or 4 hours most of the time.

Nov 4, 2013 at 9:45 PM Post #874 of 1,326
I need help-last time I used the M8, music just stopped playing, I had figure that I needed it charged, left it charging 

now can not get music to play via my 4G touch and  my MAC will not recognize it. When I plug in my touch , touch is making audible noises, anybody else having issues?

I have not been keeping tab on this thread :frowning2:

back to my backup rig 

Nov 4, 2013 at 10:18 PM Post #876 of 1,326
Device itself- it was connecting and disconnection from m8 without me touching it
I think two led inductors were on but am not 100% and am away in another area to double check
Going to plug it in via USB overnight

Nov 4, 2013 at 10:23 PM Post #877 of 1,326
Wow! I think my classic will come close to 2:1 vs the M8. My touch 4G is probably about the same. Take my comments with a grain of salt though, mine don't go off grid for more than 3 or 4 hours most of the time.

Thanks, I guess that I may just have be used to that my classic beforehand lasts for around 30 hours or so playing lossless files and when using it with the M8 I noticed a significant drain or reduction in battery life.

Well, even close to 2:1 is still quite a reduction from the original battery life and I do understand why this happens and also why I will change the hard drive out for a CF card.

Another thing I noticed is that I'm now enjoying not hearing the spin of the hard drive platter anymore. If that is really something to enjoy :) Maybe it will even improve in other areas while transporting the digital signal to the M8. Have you experienced a difference in sound presentation using the Classic vs. your Touch?

Nov 4, 2013 at 11:53 PM Post #879 of 1,326
Device itself- it was connecting and disconnection from m8 without me touching it
I think two led inductors were on but am not 100% and am away in another area to double check
Going to plug it in via USB overnight

The M8 charges really slowly via only USB, and switched off. In this config, the M8 doesn't charge the iOS device. Charge it via the included adaptor. If it's beyond that, it's best to contact Centrance directly.

Nov 5, 2013 at 11:19 AM Post #884 of 1,326
The three battery indicator lights don't light up on mine while charging. Only when switched on, is this normal?

that's how mine works as well.

and the single LED for "battery charging" only lights up when the M8 is "off".  no USB switch selected.

btw- is it just me or does anyone else despise the plastic black switches on ohm, gain, treble, bass
but
love the metal switch for USB selection?!

Nov 5, 2013 at 2:29 PM Post #885 of 1,326
received it today. Charging it now... :)

- Can someone tell me where I can download a full user manual.

- Can someone tell me how can I know when the HiFI-8 is fully charged ? 

- Can someone tell me what are the value of headphone impedance for the 3 switch positions, from left to right ?

thanks a lot 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back