Centrance Hifi-M8 and Hifi-M8 LX (8 versions!) impressions thread
Nov 5, 2013 at 2:53 PM Post #886 of 1,326
received it today. Charging it now... :)

- Can someone tell me where I can download a full user manual.

- Can someone tell me how can I know when the HiFI-8 is fully charged ? 

- Can someone tell me what are the value of headphone impedance for the 3 switch positions, from left to right ?

thanks a lot 

I am not aware of a full manual.

Takes some time to charge fully, ime. Only way to know for sure is when you switch it on, all three lights light up, and even then I am not sure that means 100%.

Impedance is listed on the 1 page manual that came with the unit. Can't remember off the top of my head.

Nov 5, 2013 at 4:26 PM Post #889 of 1,326
  received it today. Charging it now... :)

- Can someone tell me where I can download a full user manual.

- Can someone tell me how can I know when the HiFI-8 is fully charged ? 

- Can someone tell me what are the value of headphone impedance for the 3 switch positions, from left to right ?

thanks a lot 

-There is no full user manual at this point. Just the Quick Start Guide.

-The charge light will go off when the unit is fully charged .

-The impedance settings are actually 11, 2, 1 ohms from left to right. The quick start guide does seem to give the opposite impression, but the decision was made as such because as you decrease the output impedance there is a bit of a boost in gain. Sliding any of the switches to the right will always boost gain.

-Kenny

Nov 5, 2013 at 4:31 PM Post #890 of 1,326

-The impedance settings are actually 11, 2, 1 ohms from left to right. The quick start guide does seem to give the opposite impression, but the decision was made as such because as you decrease the output impedance there is a bit of a boost in gain. Sliding any of the switches to the right will always boost gain.

-Kenny

That's good to know, thanks. I thought I was using 1 ohm today when I was actually using 11.

Nov 5, 2013 at 4:57 PM Post #891 of 1,326

-Kenny

Wow, really?

I've had my switch at position 1 assuming it was 1 ohm, and haven't even switched it at all, as 11 ohm isn't useful to me. I wonder if this should make a positive difference for my CIEM's, I'll give it a try tonight. I would never had known...

Nov 5, 2013 at 5:45 PM Post #892 of 1,326

-Kenny
this is a shock to me too.
I always thought it was 1,2,11.
Now its has been stated its 11,2,1ohm setting.

Luckily i have always set it at 2ohms.

I will have to play with the settings again.

Nov 5, 2013 at 5:55 PM Post #893 of 1,326
W

-Kenny

Wow, x3 or x4 or whatever. I never understood this to be the case. I know this is like asking a guy named Bob if his name is really Bob, but Kenny, please verify and restate this again. I really thought it was the exact reverse, 1, 2, 11, left to right.

Nov 5, 2013 at 8:53 PM Post #898 of 1,326
I just tried the switch in the rightmost position...the "New" 1 ohm, LOL. Sounds a bit tighter bass control and not as warm. With my low-ish impedance CIEM's. (24 and 36 ohm)

I thought the sound was great, but this is better with my 8.A that are a bit bass bloated (but not with the M8)

Nov 5, 2013 at 9:05 PM Post #899 of 1,326
The "new" impedance setting actually makes more sense to me when using IEM's with no crossovers aka the Ety 4-s/HF5. Multiple BA driver or hybrid  IEM's can often have some weird impedance swings across the frequency spectrum  due to the crossovers and will therefore behave differently when the impedance is increased.  Hiss with low impedance IEM's should in general be lower at the 1 Ohm setting vs. the 11 Ohm setting, although there there can be deviations.

Nov 5, 2013 at 9:18 PM Post #900 of 1,326
- so plugged M8 in via USB overnight , seem fully charged this morning, used it for about 40 minutes and M8 and my iPod are no longer getting along

The battery indicator coming on and off . Connecting and disconnecting from iPod
Something is up but not quite sure:frowning2:

one more try , plugged into outlet, hope it works. Seem to be issue with the battery not fully charged

Users who are viewing this thread

Back