CEntrance DACmini DAC/Amplifier Official Thread
Nov 28, 2011 at 6:20 AM Post #573 of 1,412
Hello everyone

I am a new user for DACmini, it has a good synergy with grado rs1i, ps500 as I had mentioned 2 weeks ago.  I wonder if DACmini has a good synergy with PS1000 or not?

Has anyone experience with DACmini-PS1000?  Can it drive PS1000 to the full potential?  Does the sound prone to produce sibilance?

Thank you.

Nov 30, 2011 at 7:36 AM Post #574 of 1,412
May I know how to utilize the dac (from the mini) only when connected to usb (or any other source) I know you can but how? For I want to try it with different amps, without double amping.

Nov 30, 2011 at 10:39 AM Post #575 of 1,412
Just connect your external amplifier to the Output RCA jacks and select the Input source (USB if connected from PC) from the selector in the front. Make sure you don't have any headphone plugged in the 1/4 connector because that will disable the output RCA jacks.

Quote:
May I know how to utilize the dac (from the mini) only when connected to usb (or any other source) I know you can but how? For I want to try it with different amps, without double amping.

Nov 30, 2011 at 12:09 PM Post #576 of 1,412

Quote:
Just connect your external amplifier to the Output RCA jacks and select the Input source (USB if connected from PC) from the selector in the front. Make sure you don't have any headphone plugged in the 1/4 connector because that will disable the output RCA jacks.

Ahhhhh , I have to make sure nothing is connected in-front, thanks.

Nov 30, 2011 at 3:13 PM Post #577 of 1,412
I need ti know the DAC chip in the Dacport LX before I buy it, may you confirm please

Nov 30, 2011 at 3:55 PM Post #578 of 1,412
Nov 30, 2011 at 9:45 PM Post #579 of 1,412

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinster /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Make sure you don't have any headphone plugged in the 1/4 connector because that will disable the output RCA jacks.

Yeah, that annoyed me initially because I go back and forth so often in a sitting, plus it'll wear out your connector.

So I had CEntrance perform an "always on" mod, so now I can turn down the volume on the DACmini and use the volume for the speakers then in a moment, turn down the speakers, put the headphones back on and turn up the volume.

It's pretty convenient and I get no "bleeding" from any of the sources.  My speakers' auto off function always works when I have the volume knob for the speakers turned down.

Dec 1, 2011 at 2:08 AM Post #580 of 1,412

Quote:
I have mentioned this before, but I would really caution users looking to select a product based on one individual part.

At CEntrance, we focus on the synergy of parts when we design any product. While the DAC chip is important, so is the powering, chassis, potentiometers, resistors, connectors, as well as the PCB layout and a plethora of decisions that were made in the design phase. It is the sum of these parts that mold the CEntrance sound, not just one individual chip.

Even if you decide to purchase a product from another company, I would put much more stock in holistic experiences from users than just one specific part.

Hope this helps!!!

happy_face1.gif

-Jay

You are 100% totally right, so what is the DAC chip?AK4396?

Dec 1, 2011 at 5:16 PM Post #582 of 1,412
Dec 1, 2011 at 5:58 PM Post #583 of 1,412
Question for Centrance: 

If I remember correctly, you once stated that there will be multiple versions of the DacMini. How about a cheaper DAC+Headphone amp unit strictly made for headphone users? Something like the Burson 160DS, in other words strip away the pre-amp functionality and DAC output and lower the price accordingly. I´d say there´s a market for it, especially at a lower price point.

Dec 2, 2011 at 2:25 AM Post #584 of 1,412

Quote:
Question for Centrance: 

If I remember correctly, you once stated that there will be multiple versions of the DacMini. How about a cheaper DAC+Headphone amp unit strictly made for headphone users? Something like the Burson 160DS, in other words strip away the pre-amp functionality and DAC output and lower the price accordingly. I´d say there´s a market for it, especially at a lower price point.

I can't see that making a big impact on the price unless the S/PDIF inputs were dropped too.  With USB and headphone only it would lower the cost, and could result in something smaller than DACmini but more powerful than the DACport, assuming it retained the same amp and PSU.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back