Cayin N8 TOTL DAP: KORG Nutube, Dual AK4497, 4.4mm phone/line out
Oct 24, 2021 at 11:23 AM Post #3,708 of 3,873
Hi. Today my N8 cannot detect any touch screen command from me, but manual buttons still work. Anybody here got this problem before. Might asking for your solution, as I prefer and hope it can be resolve without send it back to China. Thanks in advance.

Being a fresh black copper N8 owner I hope you will overcome that problem and have an official Cayin reply/ clue here.

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2021 at 11:40 AM Post #3,710 of 3,873
Hi. Today my N8 cannot detect any touch screen command from me, but manual buttons still work. Anybody here got this problem before. Might asking for your solution, as I prefer and hope it can be resolve without send it back to China. Thanks in advance.
Did you try Factory reset in the menu? There is also a reset button in the bottom panel, you need to use a sharp tool to trigger it, prefer non-metal like wooden toothpick.

1635090021691.png

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Oct 24, 2021 at 2:18 PM Post #3,711 of 3,873
Did you try Factory reset in the menu? There is also a reset button in the bottom panel, you need to use a sharp tool to trigger it, prefer non-metal like wooden toothpick.

1635090021691.png
Hi Andy. Already tried reset button but still the same. How to do factory reset in the menu? Is it still possible to do factory reset in the menu since the touch screen function is unresponsive. By the way, is it possible that this problem occur because of screen protector? Should I try to peel the screen protector off?

Oct 26, 2021 at 6:20 AM Post #3,712 of 3,873
Hi Andy. Already tried reset button but still the same. How to do factory reset in the menu? Is it still possible to do factory reset in the menu since the touch screen function is unresponsive. By the way, is it possible that this problem occur because of screen protector? Should I try to peel the screen protector off?

Reset function is located at the bottom of the System menu, but if you lost touch screen function completely, you can't bring out the System menu which require you to swipe from the bottom of the screen.

At this point, you can try take away the protector but I don't think this is the reason of your touch screen problem, it can't be. It is more likely a hardware problem and you should contact your dealer for support service.

Nov 2, 2021 at 3:20 PM Post #3,713 of 3,873
Hi
In unfortunately had to sell my n8 due to needing money. It was working fine when it left me but the buyer says be can’t get it to read micro sd cards. Anybody have any suggestions that I can send to him?

Nov 2, 2021 at 3:37 PM Post #3,714 of 3,873
Hi
In unfortunately had to sell my n8 due to needing money. It was working fine when it left me but the buyer says be can’t get it to read micro sd cards. Anybody have any suggestions that I can send to him?
Did he reformatted the card ? Bet Andy can help. A few had this issue and have posted on this thread.

Nov 3, 2021 at 4:51 AM Post #3,715 of 3,873
Did he reformatted the card ? Bet Andy can help. A few had this issue and have posted on this thread.
Yeah he says he’s tried several cards and reformatted them. I’ve told him to also do a factory reset

Nov 3, 2021 at 5:57 AM Post #3,716 of 3,873
Hi
Yeah he says he’s tried several cards and reformatted them. I’ve told him to also do a factory reset

When he can't get it to read the micro SD card, does that mean the N8 cannot detect the card? or the N8 detected the card but couldn't read any content? or the N8 detected the card, can see the folders, but cannot access the files in the folder?

Can you ask the new owner to scan the card AFTER reformatting. Make sure the card does not have any bad sector. And if he can, record a short video clip to illustrate what exactly happened from the time he inserted the card into N8. We have run into several cases where we can't find any explanation, but then we find out that the uses has inserted the card the wrong way up. and as I said explained above, can't get it to read micro SD card can means different things to different person.

Alternatively, you can send the video to service@cayin.cn, our service engineers will examine the video and provide more feedback.

Nov 3, 2021 at 6:51 AM Post #3,717 of 3,873
When he can't get it to read the micro SD card, does that mean the N8 cannot detect the card? or the N8 detected the card but couldn't read any content? or the N8 detected the card, can see the folders, but cannot access the files in the folder?

Can you ask the new owner to scan the card AFTER reformatting. Make sure the card does not have any bad sector. And if he can, record a short video clip to illustrate what exactly happened from the time he inserted the card into N8. We have run into several cases where we can't find any explanation, but then we find out that the uses has inserted the card the wrong way up. and as I said explained above, can't get it to read micro SD card can means different things to different person.

Alternatively, you can send the video to service@cayin.cn, our service engineers will examine the video and provide more feedback.
Thanks Andy. I’ll pass this info on to him 😀

Nov 4, 2021 at 6:39 PM Post #3,718 of 3,873
So i finally listened to the N8... I'm in love. I prefer it to the sp1k and sp2k that i auditioned next to it. I just can't afford it xD

Are there any alternatives comparable to the n8? I haven't heard many daps, I'm looking into a shanling m8 and a dx300 MAX but a more experienced guiding hand would be really helpful :)

Nov 5, 2021 at 3:16 AM Post #3,719 of 3,873
So i finally listened to the N8... I'm in love. I prefer it to the sp1k and sp2k that i auditioned next to it. I just can't afford it xD

Are there any alternatives comparable to the n8? I haven't heard many daps, I'm looking into a shanling m8 and a dx300 MAX but a more experienced guiding hand would be really helpful :)
Yes, it may well be love.

Attachments

• 20211025_210533.jpg
    20211025_210533.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back