Cayin N8 TOTL DAP: KORG Nutube, Dual AK4497, 4.4mm phone/line out
Sep 7, 2021 at 2:19 AM Post #3,678 of 3,873
4 more days.....
probably longer than that, the show is cancelled at last minute, we are looking for alternative arrangement to debut the N8ii prototype.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Sep 9, 2021 at 9:42 AM Post #3,680 of 3,873
Live stream and online streamings ?

We have used live streaming to announce new products in past two years, when shows and event are not available. In our experience, live streaming works well with formal product announcement when there is a lot of explanation to do. Debut a prototype is mainly about experience, we don't provide very detail information or explanation at prototype stage because they are subject to change.

Sep 9, 2021 at 10:01 PM Post #3,681 of 3,873
We have used live streaming to announce new products in past two years, when shows and event are not available. In our experience, live streaming works well with formal product announcement when there is a lot of explanation to do. Debut a prototype is mainly about experience, we don't provide very detail information or explanation at prototype stage because they are subject to change.
I “think” I know how the N8II will be - I don't blame you for that, you have to act economically :wink:

But how about, in parallel, with a minimalist, high-priced N9 - a high-end DAP without amplifier, with its own battery and two SD card slots, which, in terms of shape, can be perfectly stacked with the C9 :)

Sep 10, 2021 at 10:44 AM Post #3,682 of 3,873
Hello Andykong,

in advance: I value your person very much - incredibly personable, really clever and highly competent and also exceptionally honest (thanks for that) - but this prospect is terrible "for me" :frowning2:

I understand that Cayin gives in to the general customer request :frowning2: pressure :) and makes him capable of streaming - but that means that you have to install all the necessary "crap" (Android, WiFi chip, etc.) and say goodbye the next high-end player.

Then for me it will be the new "Luxury & Precision LP7" - I could imagine that L&P will finally make it Gapless capable!?
I know that's a contradiction: Gapless also worsens the sound :frowning2: but I can't / won't do without it :)

“For me”, “natural” sound is the most important thing - “I” happily do without any “bells and whistles”.
I am aware that very few of them have ever heard instruments without amplification or have been involved in music productions - I was an artist manager and event organizer for many years, had a jazz club in Berlin for a long time with its own equipment (new Steinway grand piano, drums, etc.) and trained sound engineer at the mixer.
Since I personally don't have a preferred genre and I like everything that "sounds good", I had a daily changing live program of all styles of music and I know almost every instrument and know how it should sound :)

I want to hear the music as it was "intended" to be recorded and mixed.
The best sounding of a player, amplifier, headphones or loudspeaker etc. is "NONE"
I would never come up with the idea of “making up the Mona Lisa” just because I would then find her prettier - for “me” equalizers are rape tools :)
But “Everyone should be saved according to his own style”.
I just don't understand why you spend so much money on a high-end player and then feed or stream it with MP3s :wink:

For a better understanding, my preferred chain for home:
all genres SACDs - Cayin N8 - Cayin C9 - Cardas Clear with Pentaconn connector - Focal Utopia
(I don't like desktop devices at home either - I want to be able to move freely with the music system at any time - I didn't even open the box of my Focal Arche if someone is interested :wink:
The most important link in my chain is the music recording quality - the most expensive thing about all my hi-fi equipment is my SACD collection :)

Sorry, that turned out to be a long text and then translated with Google - is my first post :frowning2: actually belong to the silent readers :)
I “think” I know how the N8II will be - I don't blame you for that, you have to act economically :wink:

But how about, in parallel, with a minimalist, high-priced N9 - a high-end DAP without amplifier, with its own battery and two SD card slots, which, in terms of shape, can be perfectly stacked with the C9 :)

What's the problem? You seems to be very negative regarding the N8ii and make up your mind that N8ii is not your cup of tea.

Necessary crap? You don't blame me for that? and you know Cayin gives in and say goodbye the next high-end player, base on the limited information we shared? Is this necessary? To put out all these negative comment on our not-yet-debut product, so that your superior design is justified?

Maybe N8ii is really not your cup of tea. We never plan to make a DAP that can please everyone. We didn't have that assumption when we develop N8, and the same will apply to N8ii. You don't have to feel bad to dislike N8 or N8ii, you are entitle to have your opinion. If you appreciate the product approach of Luxury & Precision, can I suggest you take your request and propose to them directly? I am sure you'll have a better starting point with them.

Sep 10, 2021 at 10:52 AM Post #3,683 of 3,873
What's the problem? You seems to be very negative regarding the N8ii and make up your mind that N8ii is not your cup of tea.

Necessary crap? You don't blame me for that? and you know Cayin gives in and say goodbye the next high-end player, base on the limited information we shared? Is this necessary? To put out all these negative comment on our not-yet-debut product, so that your superior design is justified?

Maybe N8ii is really not your cup of tea. We never plan to make a DAP that can please everyone. We didn't have that assumption when we develop N8, and the same will apply to N8ii. You don't have to feel bad to dislike N8 or N8ii, you are entitle to have your opinion. If you appreciate the product approach of Luxury & Precision, can I suggest you take your request and propose to them directly? I am sure you'll have a better starting point with them.
Andy ! As long as AK is following suit, you know that Cayin is having a superior marketing, designing, executive, and the whole system :)

Just keep up the good work and doing your best.

True success is to be followed and competed against!!! Then only the most brilliant minds can offer and release such products to the mass market, enough to drive innovations forward! Actions is louder than words, and gibberish is meaningless

cheer Cayin! Also thank to you for being truthful to the hobby and enthusiasm

Sep 10, 2021 at 9:53 PM Post #3,684 of 3,873

I very much regret the misunderstanding - it is certainly "also" due to my shameful non-talent for foreign languages and the Google translation I used :frowning2:

The truth is that I only recently bought the N8 and C9 and I am grateful to Cayin every day for this great combination - I bought the DMP-Z1 before and was allowed to test the M30 for a long time.
In the end I chose N8 + C9 because “I” think it's the greatest “mobile” system - I think that says it all! “I” just want an even more natural sound with even more resolution.

But again, you should see my adorable face when I enjoy the N8 + C9 station wagon :)

So I'm all the more pleased about the announcement of the N8II.
My only fear is that Cayin will follow the general trend and give the N8II a streaming capability and thus "build in the crap for me" that is necessary for it.

Yes, I can absolutely understand such a decision by Cayin, from an economic point of view!

I know that I belong to a dying species who manually transfer their expensive music collections on SD cards to a DAP and reject streaming :frowning2: and prefer the most natural playback without any "frills" :wink:

That's why I admire Luxury & Precision to go this way with the LP6. Unfortunately "I need" gapless - I know that is a contradiction: Gapless also worsens the sound :frowning2: but I can't / won't do without it :)

Therefore it would be a dream for "me": a minimalist N9 DAP produced parallel to the N8II without amplifier, with its own battery and two SD card slots, which, in terms of shape, can be perfectly stacked with the C9 :)

I also do non-stop advertising for Cayin, in my private environment, and have asked my local dealer to include Cayin in their official product portfolio.
This is not least due to "your person" - I have already declared myself "honestly" to you and I mean it.

So I'm hurt that you misunderstood me :frowning2:

Sep 10, 2021 at 11:53 PM Post #3,685 of 3,873
Such overreaction from Cayin honestly... when you see a customer registering just to voice his opinion on the product, to me that speaks of his fondness of the brand. I know English is not the native language for both of you, but then Cayin should take extra caution before making any accusation. In addition, liking posts that indirectly suggest a loyal customer's wish as "gibberish" is just... bad image for a company.

I subscribed to this thread because I was excited for N8ii, but seeing this exchange is honestly disappointing.

Sep 11, 2021 at 12:41 AM Post #3,686 of 3,873
Such overreaction from Cayin honestly... when you see a customer registering just to voice his opinion on the product, to me that speaks of his fondness of the brand. I know English is not the native language for both of you, but then Cayin should take extra caution before making any accusation. In addition, liking posts that indirectly suggest a loyal customer's wish as "gibberish" is just... bad image for a company.

I subscribed to this thread because I was excited for N8ii, but seeing this exchange is honestly disappointing.
I'm so sorry for this comment again - I should have contacted Andi-Kong personally somehow.
Unfortunately, I have no experience with forums - I have only been a quiet follower until now!

I know a lot of quacks in all industries and I absolutely don't count Andi-Kong among them.

On the contrary, I consider his communication to be “exemplary”.
I consider the disclosure of design drawings until shortly before the disclosure of trade secrets to be unique and I value his honesty extremely - even if I feel personally misunderstood - but that is certainly "also" due to my inadequate ability to express myself in foreign languages.

I chose Cayin not least because of this extraordinary customer relationship.

Sure, with all the sympathy for Andi-Kong, the product was ultimately decisive and that speaks absolutely for Cayin :)

Sorry for this irritation on my part :frowning2:

Sep 11, 2021 at 12:59 AM Post #3,687 of 3,873
I'm so sorry for this comment again - I should have contacted Andi-Kong personally somehow.
Unfortunately, I have no experience with forums - I have only been a quiet follower until now!

I know a lot of quacks in all industries and I absolutely don't count Andi-Kong among them.

On the contrary, I consider his communication to be “exemplary”.
I consider the disclosure of design drawings until shortly before the disclosure of trade secrets to be unique and I value his honesty extremely - even if I feel personally misunderstood - but that is certainly "also" due to my inadequate ability to express myself in foreign languages.

I chose Cayin not least because of this extraordinary customer relationship.

Sure, with all the sympathy for Andi-Kong, the product was ultimately decisive and that speaks absolutely for Cayin :)

Sorry for this irritation on my part :frowning2:
Mate no need to be sorry. I used to be a "quiet follower" like you and English is also not my first language, so I think I understand your feelings when you wrote your first posts and how bad it must've felt when they were subsequently misinterpreted. Also, by none other than the company you've been rooting for.

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2021 at 1:16 AM Post #3,690 of 3,873

But to put it again unequivocally, I see the mistake with me - sorry :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back