Cayin N8 TOTL DAP: KORG Nutube, Dual AK4497, 4.4mm phone/line out
Aug 16, 2021 at 6:59 AM Post #3,662 of 3,873
There are so many daps getting releases in the next year, but only one I'm thinking about is N8ii and LP7. I'm actually more excited about N8ii than LP7
So two daps

Aug 31, 2021 at 1:32 AM Post #3,664 of 3,873
this 2 are patiently waiting for the next Cayin release…
C24DE7E7-4A61-40F2-AFAE-3A8EE0868205.jpeg

When the N8II will be released?
Next to January 2022 or before?🤔🤔
Give us a clue for the god sake 😅

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2021 at 2:10 AM Post #3,665 of 3,873
this 2 are patiently waiting for the next Cayin release…

When the N8II will be released?
Next to January 2022 or before?🤔🤔
Give us a clue for the god sake 😅

Our original target was end of 2021, we are working our best to stay on target, but there is a lot of things that is beyond our control. The engineering process to produce a new flagship DAP is not something that is completely predictable. We have deadline for engineering review to make sure the project is progressing effective, but we don't set a hard deadline to a flagship product. In addition, the semiconductor supply chain and logistic service are still chaotic at large and there might be further delays before we can start mass production. So unfortunately, the final answer is "as long as it takes". :beerchug:

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Sep 1, 2021 at 2:14 AM Post #3,666 of 3,873
Our original target was end of 2021, we are working our best to stay on target, but there is a lot of things that is beyond our control. The engineering process to produce a new flagship DAP is not something that is completely predictable. We have deadline for engineering review to make sure the project is progressing effective, but we don't set a hard deadline to a flagship product. In addition, the semiconductor supply chain and logistic service are still chaotic at large and there might be further delays before we can start mass production. So unfortunately, the final answer is "as long as it takes". :beerchug:
Which makes sense as you will need to beat your own N6II R01 😉😅

Take your time and do it right rather than do it fast I'd say.

Sep 1, 2021 at 7:44 AM Post #3,668 of 3,873

great to know!!
So…take your time to upgrade the actual N8 in the best way as possible 👍👍

Sep 4, 2021 at 3:49 AM Post #3,670 of 3,873

Sep 5, 2021 at 11:35 PM Post #3,673 of 3,873
To be confirmed soon. :beerchug:
Hello Andykong,

in advance: I value your person very much - incredibly personable, really clever and highly competent and also exceptionally honest (thanks for that) - but this prospect is terrible "for me" :frowning2:

I understand that Cayin gives in to the general customer request :frowning2: pressure :) and makes him capable of streaming - but that means that you have to install all the necessary "crap" (Android, WiFi chip, etc.) and say goodbye the next high-end player.

Then for me it will be the new "Luxury & Precision LP7" - I could imagine that L&P will finally make it Gapless capable!?
I know that's a contradiction: Gapless also worsens the sound :frowning2: but I can't / won't do without it :)

“For me”, “natural” sound is the most important thing - “I” happily do without any “bells and whistles”.
I am aware that very few of them have ever heard instruments without amplification or have been involved in music productions - I was an artist manager and event organizer for many years, had a jazz club in Berlin for a long time with its own equipment (new Steinway grand piano, drums, etc.) and trained sound engineer at the mixer.
Since I personally don't have a preferred genre and I like everything that "sounds good", I had a daily changing live program of all styles of music and I know almost every instrument and know how it should sound :)

I want to hear the music as it was "intended" to be recorded and mixed.
The best sounding of a player, amplifier, headphones or loudspeaker etc. is "NONE"
I would never come up with the idea of “making up the Mona Lisa” just because I would then find her prettier - for “me” equalizers are rape tools :)
But “Everyone should be saved according to his own style”.
I just don't understand why you spend so much money on a high-end player and then feed or stream it with MP3s :wink:

For a better understanding, my preferred chain for home:
all genres SACDs - Cayin N8 - Cayin C9 - Cardas Clear with Pentaconn connector - Focal Utopia
(I don't like desktop devices at home either - I want to be able to move freely with the music system at any time - I didn't even open the box of my Focal Arche if someone is interested :wink:
The most important link in my chain is the music recording quality - the most expensive thing about all my hi-fi equipment is my SACD collection :)

Sorry, that turned out to be a long text and then translated with Google - is my first post :frowning2: actually belong to the silent readers :)

Sep 6, 2021 at 3:49 AM Post #3,674 of 3,873
Hello Andykong,

in advance: I value your person very much - incredibly personable, really clever and highly competent and also exceptionally honest (thanks for that) - but this prospect is terrible "for me" :frowning2:

I understand that Cayin gives in to the general customer request :frowning2: pressure :) and makes him capable of streaming - but that means that you have to install all the necessary "crap" (Android, WiFi chip, etc.) and say goodbye the next high-end player.

Then for me it will be the new "Luxury & Precision LP7" - I could imagine that L&P will finally make it Gapless capable!?
I know that's a contradiction: Gapless also worsens the sound :frowning2: but I can't / won't do without it :)

“For me”, “natural” sound is the most important thing - “I” happily do without any “bells and whistles”.
I am aware that very few of them have ever heard instruments without amplification or have been involved in music productions - I was an artist manager and event organizer for many years, had a jazz club in Berlin for a long time with its own equipment (new Steinway grand piano, drums, etc.) and trained sound engineer at the mixer.
Since I personally don't have a preferred genre and I like everything that "sounds good", I had a daily changing live program of all styles of music and I know almost every instrument and know how it should sound :)

I want to hear the music as it was "intended" to be recorded and mixed.
The best sounding of a player, amplifier, headphones or loudspeaker etc. is "NONE"
I would never come up with the idea of “making up the Mona Lisa” just because I would then find her prettier - for “me” equalizers are rape tools :)
But “Everyone should be saved according to his own style”.
I just don't understand why you spend so much money on a high-end player and then feed or stream it with MP3s :wink:

For a better understanding, my preferred chain for home:
all genres SACDs - Cayin N8 - Cayin C9 - Cardas Clear with Pentaconn connector - Focal Utopia
(I don't like desktop devices at home either - I want to be able to move freely with the music system at any time - I didn't even open the box of my Focal Arche if someone is interested :wink:
The most important link in my chain is the music recording quality - the most expensive thing about all my hi-fi equipment is my SACD collection :)

Sorry, that turned out to be a long text and then translated with Google - is my first post :frowning2: actually belong to the silent readers :)

To be confirmed, soon.
Sorry, I can only repeated the same statement before the N8ii is formally debut. :beerchug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back