Cayin N8 TOTL DAP: KORG Nutube, Dual AK4497, 4.4mm phone/line out
Feb 5, 2021 at 10:01 AM Post #3,556 of 3,873
You want to connect A02 balanced line out to your Broadway?
Yup. Want to play with it and see how it works out. :) Any suggestion?

Feb 5, 2021 at 10:23 AM Post #3,557 of 3,873
Yup. Want to play with it and see how it works out. :) Any suggestion?

The adapter cable was designed to connect to a pair of standard XLR interconnect for home audio use, if you want to use it directly with Broadway, it will be bit too short. It works technically, but not convenient to operate.

1612538491564.png

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Feb 5, 2021 at 10:32 AM Post #3,558 of 3,873
The adapter cable was designed to connect to a pair of standard XLR interconnect for home audio use, if you want to use it directly with Broadway, it will be bit too short. It works technically, but not convenient to operate.

1612538491564.png
I see m, thanks for the advice. Still looking very good to me!

Feb 5, 2021 at 10:47 AM Post #3,559 of 3,873
I see m, thanks for the advice. Still looking very good to me!

I have published the pin definition in N6ii thread (HERE), you can DIY or custom make a longer cable to meet your need.

Feb 5, 2021 at 10:49 AM Post #3,560 of 3,873
I have published the pin definition in N6ii thread (HERE), you can DIY or custom make a longer cable to meet your need.
Thanks for sharing the info! If I cannot get one here, I will contact Moon Audio for a custom-made one. :)

Feb 5, 2021 at 11:06 AM Post #3,561 of 3,873
Thanks for sharing the info! If I cannot get one here, I will contact Moon Audio for a custom-made one. :)

You are welcome. Once you get your hands dirty with the N8 or A02 balanced line out, you'll use them frequently, and sooner or later, you want a better cable, in terms of functionality and quality. Been there, done that, my Sommer 4.4 to dual XLR interconnect speaks it all.

Feb 6, 2021 at 8:04 PM Post #3,562 of 3,873
I also just reload the v2.5 on N8. Can see the songs store in the N8. When I added the card, I can see the songs by picking the folders, but after I scan the card, then got a message saying no song detected!
Well, repeat the steps couple of times doesn't solve the problem, so I just did it one more time without scanning the card and use the folder mode.
No issue to reload v1.2 for N3Pro though.

Much quicker response after downgrade to a lower firmware, on both N8 & N3Pro. Think I will stick to these v2.5 & v1.2 until whatever....

@Andykong
@Jeffyue

Now i remember it’s the 2.3 Firmware the most stable to me...
I prepare to erase all content from my N8 and revert to the 2.3 firmware....then i took out the MicroSD, and press the factory reset from the options...to my surprise this didn’t erase my music, only erase my Playlist, i put again the MicroSD and perform a music scan and voilá, all my music is in my player again (not “no music” message anymore), and the annoying “tac” sound is gone forever.

now i’m enjoying the music again without any fear for my headphones
7435D3D4-642A-453A-A4FD-A07ED27A8286.jpeg

Feb 6, 2021 at 8:38 PM Post #3,563 of 3,873
@Andykong
@Jeffyue

I prepare to erase all content from my N8 and revert to the 2.3 firmware....then i took out the MicroSD, and press the factory reset from the options...to my surprise this didn’t erase my music, only erase my Playlist, i put again the MicroSD and perform a music scan and voilá, all my music is in my player again (not “no music” message anymore), and the annoying “tac” sound is gone forever.

7435D3D4-642A-453A-A4FD-A07ED27A8286.jpeg

Glad it s working for u.
Follow ur instruction and do the same process, and it s all good UNTIL I scan the music... Somehow it scan only up to few hundred songs (seems it s the number of tracks stored in the N8), then the scan is completed. Seems no track on the SD card was scanned at all. And when I click on the GF Card, same no card message is displayed.
Is there a way to choose which source to scan, like built-in storage or TF card? Something like iBasso scan menu provide?
Probably until then I will not scan my card. I use folder view mainly so it doesn't really matter to me.

Feb 6, 2021 at 9:56 PM Post #3,564 of 3,873
Glad it s working for u.
Follow ur instruction and do the same process, and it s all good UNTIL I scan the music... Somehow it scan only up to few hundred songs (seems it s the number of tracks stored in the N8), then the scan is completed. Seems no track on the SD card was scanned at all. And when I click on the GF Card, same no card message is displayed.
Is there a way to choose which source to scan, like built-in storage or TF card? Something like iBasso scan menu provide?
Probably until then I will not scan my card. I use folder view mainly so it doesn't really matter to me.
Did you try put out the card (with the player off) and then do the factory reset?
Then i switched off the player again, insert the card, turn on and do the music scan, in my case all my 9000 songs are scanned with this procedure...(the music scan only support 20.000 songs i believe)

or maybe try another MicroSD card, maybe the old one is corrupted in some way.

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2021 at 5:04 AM Post #3,565 of 3,873
Walking to grab an eat in Hong Kong with my N8 , Arrow amp , and TH900.
20210209_164451.jpg
20210209_164505.jpg
20210209_172415.jpg

Feb 10, 2021 at 3:53 AM Post #3,566 of 3,873
N8 , Romi amp , TH900 in Solid State and Tube amp.
20210210_164809.jpg
20210210_164759.jpg
20210210_164844.jpg

Feb 25, 2021 at 10:49 AM Post #3,569 of 3,873
@Andykong
@Jeffyue

Glad you have cleared the problem completely. :beerchug:

If I asked you to test v2.5 now, will I get beaten up? I have a feeling that the problem is not related to v.2.5 but a software corruption, now that the problem is gone, maybe you can try a later firmware to verify this hypothesis. :wink:

Feb 25, 2021 at 10:57 AM Post #3,570 of 3,873
Glad it s working for u.

If the problem can't be rectified after factory reset and firmware downgrade, I suspect the TF card slot or the TF card is having some problem, maybe you can test your device along this line:
  • Try another TF card, or low level format your current TF card and try again
  • Copy some music file to a USB storage and connect to your N8 via OTG, check if your N8 can access the music files on the OTG USB storage correctly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back