Cayin N6ii, Unlimited Possibilities: a fully modularized smart DAP
May 23, 2020 at 6:25 AM Post #4,396 of 8,194
Yep, you asked me for a specific comparison between two amps, with a specific cable, and your specific Fourte Noir :D Relative to that pair up and per your requirements, that was my recommendation :wink:

To make a general statement that one amp is better than the other would be misleading, it's all about the synergy between specific iems, daps, cables, etc. It's a mad science!!!

... and with all that said, E02 is still my favorite dac/amp which has been staying attached to N6ii ever since I got it. Plus, with a single ended to balanced adapter (the one by double helix guys), E02 covers all the connections, both single ended and balanced for headphone output and line out.

Have u tried Solaris OG intensively with E02.
I want to get as many impressions as possible before pulling the trigger between T01 and E02.
Although I've been happy with A01 but there is a nagging feeling that the staging is not as wide as compared to other DAP like Opus #3. But the mid and bass in A01 oh so satisfying

May 23, 2020 at 8:28 AM Post #4,397 of 8,194
Maybe A mode of E01 provides that warm and analogue-ish sound. But I wonder is it is really versatile and universal or kind of niche solution - as example, like ibasso AMP9.
Is it something that is really demanded in everyday life? Owners, what is the ratio of your listening in A mode compared to AB?

It's different than Amp9 for sure. Class A is still distinctly solid state with power and speed. It's not the warmness you find in tubes/Amp9. To me, Amp9 is smoother across the spectrum with slower transients and large decay (sound lingers longer). E01 class A is tighter and clearer. Class AB is even faster and shifts the spectral emphasis a little bit. I think the bass emphasis drops lower, somewhat like going from A01 to T01.

Universal or niche is for you to decide with your type of music :) I use Class A for my desktop rig and happy to now have class A portable.

May 23, 2020 at 8:40 AM Post #4,398 of 8,194
It's different than Amp9 for sure. Class A is still distinctly solid state with power and speed. It's not the warmness you find in tubes/Amp9. To me, Amp9 is smoother across the spectrum with slower transients and large decay (sound lingers longer). E01 class A is tighter and clearer. Class AB is even faster and shifts the spectral emphasis a little bit. I think the bass emphasis drops lower, somewhat like going from A01 to T01.

Universal or niche is for you to decide with your type of music :) I use Class A for my desktop rig and happy to now have class A portable.

But E02 uses only AB mode right? Cant wait to try that E02 magnitude of sound :wink: will of course compare to my moded 1z hehe

May 23, 2020 at 8:54 AM Post #4,399 of 8,194
But E02 uses only AB mode right? Cant wait to try that E02 magnitude of sound :wink: will of course compare to my moded 1z hehe

Yup, look forward to hearing your impression vs modded 1Z.

May 24, 2020 at 4:40 PM Post #4,401 of 8,194
Ok everyone listen over here !
Tiger ears have something very special/ important to say! 🐯

Does the word SexoPlasmoOrganismo exists?
Because amp T01 Is F crazy ecstasy. Oh my gosh

The amp just barely past 160 hours and hilariously getting really good!
You all people know I love my 1z to death even modded it!
But T01 bass holy crap its good!

I am a mad tiger, bass is my weakness I love vibrant massive bass that T01 creates. Its one of the glorious and magnificent bass I ever experienced! This along the vast soundstage and slightly bright treble that is smoother and smoother more hours you add on burn in.

Seriously of course I understand I have tia fourte noir and pw1960 4wires that accentuate those amazing bibes and more musicaly sounding.
But Lord it sounds good with this combo I am in love!

May 25, 2020 at 11:45 AM Post #4,402 of 8,194
Ok everyone listen over here !
Tiger ears have something very special/ important to say! 🐯

Does the word SexoPlasmoOrganismo exists?
Because amp T01 Is F crazy ecstasy. Oh my gosh

The amp just barely past 160 hours and hilariously getting really good!
You all people know I love my 1z to death even modded it!
But T01 bass holy crap its good!

I am a mad tiger, bass is my weakness I love vibrant massive bass that T01 creates. Its one of the glorious and magnificent bass I ever experienced! This along the vast soundstage and slightly bright treble that is smoother and smoother more hours you add on burn in.

Seriously of course I understand I have tia fourte noir and pw1960 4wires that accentuate those amazing bibes and more musicaly sounding.
But Lord it sounds good with this combo I am in love!
Wait until you try the E02. :wink:

May 25, 2020 at 10:03 PM Post #4,405 of 8,194
May 25, 2020 at 11:14 PM Post #4,406 of 8,194
Hey everyone!

I have been thinking of getting my very first DAP to pair it with my IEM. I had the chance to demo the N6ii (A01). I like the fluidity and clean Android OS, as well as the overall build & sound quality. I used to pair the 64 Audio Trio with my iPhone plus the infamous dongle. It does the job, and when I did compared it side by side...it sounded around 30-50% better.. although the sound is quite similar (LID technology?). However, I saw that some of the members in this community also own the SP2000. I don't plan on changing DAP very often.. so I was thinking if I should go for the SP2000 instead. What are your thoughts on this matter? Or should I just wait it out and see what is going to be released this year?

Cheers!!

May 26, 2020 at 2:58 PM Post #4,409 of 8,194
Of course. I’m using it like dap and media player.

Thanks! This question has more to do with my ignorance around Roon than the n6ii...do you find Roon to be worth it overall? Will it allow me to generate playlists on my Macbook and transfer them to my n6ii?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back