Cayin N6ii, Unlimited Possibilities: a fully modularized smart DAP
May 26, 2020 at 3:12 PM Post #4,411 of 8,192
Of course. I’m using it like dap and media player.
Yes and no: it runs but I’m not able to make it stay connected and it stops playing after a few minutes. Tried switching off power optimization for the Roon app and with one of those “always on wifi” apps, but no luck.
I have to keep the screen on at all times if I want to play music through Roon

May 26, 2020 at 4:28 PM Post #4,412 of 8,192
I think you can put the Roon remote app on it but it isn't a Roon endpoint that can be grouped with other endpoints then controlled from Roon core
N6 can be used both as remote and endpoint. I’m using it as endpoint and iPhone as remote.

May 26, 2020 at 4:29 PM Post #4,413 of 8,192
Yes and no: it runs but I’m not able to make it stay connected and it stops playing after a few minutes. Tried switching off power optimization for the Roon app and with one of those “always on wifi” apps, but no luck.
I have to keep the screen on at all times if I want to play music through Roon
Strange, but I haven’t such problems.

May 26, 2020 at 5:21 PM Post #4,415 of 8,192
Thanks! This question has more to do with my ignorance around Roon than the n6ii...do you find Roon to be worth it overall? Will it allow me to generate playlists on my Macbook and transfer them to my n6ii?

Roon is fantastic! N6ii only acts as a remote and audio is limited to the Android wide audio sampling.

It's beyond me how a company like Cayin is unable to apply a system level setting that utilises the onboard hardware...

May 26, 2020 at 5:47 PM Post #4,416 of 8,192
So it got so quiet where is everybody ???

No new impressions?

May 26, 2020 at 6:00 PM Post #4,417 of 8,192
So it got so quiet where is everybody ???

No new impressions?
I think we are waiting for you to get the E02 and give your impressions :relaxed:

May 26, 2020 at 6:38 PM Post #4,419 of 8,192
I think we are waiting for you to get the E02 and give your impressions :relaxed:

Thats good but need some action meanwhile it arrives and burn in get threw and I just finisht my burn in T01 it got to 200hours mark. Very different from what it was at beginning.

No more sharp treble nice tight bass and big ! I go naughty when it starts to rumble and drill my cage lo lo lo
Mmm yea it hit tight and deep and thats really cool!

The soundstage adds a nice layered depth in music while the bass hits and make your emotions rumble. With the soundstage you can easily feel the float and bassy mood.

Soundstage go medium far id say 1z can go much further.

Overall I find T01 very well balanced and fun to listen, its warm neutralish with a nice tight punshy bass. Lots of fun!

I can easily see this to pair extremely well with warm iems.

May 26, 2020 at 7:02 PM Post #4,420 of 8,192
Hey everyone!

I have been thinking of getting my very first DAP to pair it with my IEM. I had the chance to demo the N6ii (A01). I like the fluidity and clean Android OS, as well as the overall build & sound quality. I used to pair the 64 Audio Trio with my iPhone plus the infamous dongle. It does the job, and when I did compared it side by side...it sounded around 30-50% better.. although the sound is quite similar (LID technology?). However, I saw that some of the members in this community also own the SP2000. I don't plan on changing DAP very often.. so I was thinking if I should go for the SP2000 instead. What are your thoughts on this matter? Or should I just wait it out and see what is going to be released this year?

Cheers!!

Maybe @Visveswaran Umashankar can help here.

May 26, 2020 at 7:53 PM Post #4,421 of 8,192
Thats good but need some action meanwhile it arrives and burn in get threw and I just finisht my burn in T01 it got to 200hours mark. Very different from what it was at beginning.

No more sharp treble nice tight bass and big ! I go naughty when it starts to rumble and drill my cage lo lo lo
Mmm yea it hit tight and deep and thats really cool!

The soundstage adds a nice layered depth in music while the bass hits and make your emotions rumble. With the soundstage you can easily feel the float and bassy mood.

Soundstage go medium far id say 1z can go much further.

Overall I find T01 very well balanced and fun to listen, its warm neutralish with a nice tight punshy bass. Lots of fun!

I can easily see this to pair extremely well with warm iems.

How would you describe A01 vs T01 ? A01 is the only motherboard I’ve heard but to me it has a warm and non fatiguing sound signature. I cannot compare though things like soundstage, clarity, background or where it falls in terms of warm/ neutral/ reference etc

May 26, 2020 at 7:59 PM Post #4,422 of 8,192
How would you describe A01 vs T01 ? A01 is the only motherboard I’ve heard but to me it has a warm and non fatiguing sound signature. I cannot compare though things like soundstage, clarity, background or where it falls in terms of warm/ neutral/ reference etc
I found the t01 had a wider stage but the t01 had better instrument separation. That‘s what i liked

May 27, 2020 at 1:39 AM Post #4,424 of 8,192
But E02 uses only AB mode right? Cant wait to try that E02 magnitude of sound :wink: will of course compare to my moded 1z hehe
Hey man, I bought an N6ii with E01 lol!! I regret selling it.

good news is, we can meet up, and quick A/B any of the 4 amp Configurations quickly with two separate daps side by side.

You down? 😄

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
May 27, 2020 at 4:43 AM Post #4,425 of 8,192
Pray tell, how did you setup the N6ii as a Roon endpoint? Nowhere can I find it listed as a roon ready device.
Here You are:
5EFBA39E-996E-4305-93AF-57AB82A6DB39.jpeg
19C96F58-EC7C-4BE3-AE9A-F073AB581552.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back