Cayin N6ii, Unlimited Possibilities: a fully modularized smart DAP
Oct 9, 2019 at 8:43 AM Post #2,041 of 8,197
Oct 9, 2019 at 9:32 AM Post #2,042 of 8,197
Oct 9, 2019 at 1:54 PM Post #2,044 of 8,197
Oct 9, 2019 at 4:15 PM Post #2,046 of 8,197
Oh nice. So Sabre with tube? Is that the match here!? I didn’t really understand the translated write up.

It seems they have confirmed its an ess (sabre) dac. Especially if you read back a page or two for a post from andykong. However, theres nothing that says its going to be a tube amp, and I think its probably likely its not. andykong mentioned a while back that they could potentially fit one onto the board, but that they werent actually building one with a nutube yet. Then the write up almost makes it sound like the A01 was made to give similar sound to the N8 (which uses nutube), the T01 for something else, and the E01 is something new and different, which in my mind says, different from the N8 (and potentially different than nutube).

So, ess dac, single ended output only. Battery life similar but likely slightly worse than the T01, generates more heat (which I guess could mean nutube), and... different and new audio experience compared to previous products. No mention yet of amp or other circuitry than the ess dac.

Did I cover it?

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2019 at 5:16 PM Post #2,047 of 8,197
Single ended out doesn’t make sense unless space in the E-01 card is a factor, and heating + current consumption... my bet is still NuTube anyway but we’ll see... it might also be something in the tune of HifiMan power amp cards with specific amp circuitry... whichever, call me interested. Also betting on ESS9038 pro

Oct 9, 2019 at 5:49 PM Post #2,049 of 8,197
Single ended out doesn’t make sense unless space in the E-01 card is a factor, and heating + current consumption... my bet is still NuTube anyway but we’ll see... it might also be something in the tune of HifiMan power amp cards with specific amp circuitry... whichever, call me interested. Also betting on ESS9038 pro

Yup not saying it's not possible, just think it could go either way based on previous comments.

Either way, should prove interesting and based on. Their timeline, I imagine we won't have too too long to wait for more info.

Oct 9, 2019 at 11:03 PM Post #2,050 of 8,197
It seems they have confirmed its an ess (sabre) dac. Especially if you read back a page or two for a post from andykong. However, theres nothing that says its going to be a tube amp, and I think its probably likely its not. andykong mentioned a while back that they could potentially fit one onto the board, but that they werent actually building one with a nutube yet. Then the write up almost makes it sound like the A01 was made to give similar sound to the N8 (which uses nutube), the T01 for something else, and the E01 is something new and different, which in my mind says, different from the N8 (and potentially different than nutube).

So, ess dac, single ended output only. Battery life similar but likely slightly worse than the T01, generates more heat (which I guess could mean nutube), and... different and new audio experience compared to previous products. No mention yet of amp or other circuitry than the ess dac.

Did I cover it?
That it will sound better than the previous two modules.

Oct 10, 2019 at 2:24 AM Post #2,051 of 8,197
That it will sound better than the previous two modules.

A01 is quite great already, so it’s more a matter of another amp featuring another signature yet :)

Oct 10, 2019 at 3:34 AM Post #2,053 of 8,197
Did you compare your A01 to the T01?

I haven't had the opportunity yet, if I am picked for the YB04 / N6ii / T-01 tour, I will :)

Oct 10, 2019 at 3:48 AM Post #2,055 of 8,197
I planned to get the T01 to compare to A01 but then I stopped since I heard the E01 would be more interesting in SQ. So I think I can wait and save for that.

I really wished T-01 was a dual 1793 setup (like the iFi Audio iDSD Micro BL I liked a lot) against the legacy 1792A but I think the point of T-01 was a nod to the original N6 signature and it makes sense as an upgrade path for N6 users that want to keep that signature to begin with. Maybe a T-02 down the line? :)

Anyway, E-01 is definitely highly exciting!
I am also kind of interested in the idea of a potential A-02 with dual AK DACs :D

But right now A-01 has nailed it and I am so happy!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back