Cayin N6ii, Unlimited Possibilities: a fully modularized smart DAP
Oct 8, 2019 at 12:28 AM Post #2,027 of 8,191
Got a set of N6ii already? I was working on the tour list and just put you as the first reviewer in the Europe group, should i rework my plan now? By the way, this is a happy problem. :beerchug:

Generally speaking, when an amplifier is more transparent, it will review the upstream changes more prominently.
I have a N6ii in Germany, Europe. Is it possible to review the T01 motherboard?

Oct 8, 2019 at 12:43 AM Post #2,029 of 8,191
Oct 8, 2019 at 12:46 AM Post #2,030 of 8,191
@Andykong, please translate previous post)

https://translate.google.com/ :beerchug:

I initially asked if it would come and it was a decisive factor to get DX220, but if the N6ii goes NuTubes then... E clearly states it’s ESS DAC and the single 3.5 out would suggest you could be right... definitely hope so :D

A Sabre DAC and a NuTube amp are, respectively, the top two items on my wish list for an upcoming motherboard...having them both in one would be awesome. Can't wait for more updates on this.

I can confirm that this is a legitimate photo, and the proper interpretation of the photo is an Audio Motherboard designs around an ESS DAC chipset with only one 3.5mm output, You can further assume that the 3.5mm output is single-ended headphone output. However, we didn't mention anything about Nutube or Non-Nutube, so please stay tune for more information, and no comment beyond the obvious observations from the photo. :ksc75smile:

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Oct 8, 2019 at 12:50 AM Post #2,031 of 8,191
I have a N6ii in Germany, Europe. Is it possible to review the T01 motherboard?

We have devoted all our resources to support the N6ii/YB04 tour right now, we can only spare more resources on user reviews after the tour. I might organise an Audio Motherboard shot out tour after we roll our more Audio Motherboard, so please stay tuned.

Oct 8, 2019 at 12:52 AM Post #2,032 of 8,191
@Andykong
I got the N6ii already and just want to listen with YB04. Is that possible to get it in this tour? Thanks.

We have devoted all our resources to support the N6ii/YB04 tour right now, I can offer a detour on YB04 AFTER the tour but that would take while in my experience.:beerchug:

Oct 8, 2019 at 1:19 AM Post #2,034 of 8,191
Got a set of N6ii already? I was working on the tour list and just put you as the first reviewer in the Europe group, should i rework my plan now? By the way, this is a happy problem. :beerchug:

Yes I couldn’t resist and I simply LOVE it !!! Best DAP ever for me...

If I can still be part of the Tour I’d very much like to, I mean I’d love to have the opportunity to review the YB04 and of course audition T01 :D
Just wanted to be transparent and maybe open chances to others

Oct 8, 2019 at 1:57 AM Post #2,035 of 8,191
https://translate.google.com/ :beerchug:
However, we didn't mention anything about Nutube or Non-Nutube, so please stay tune for more information, and no comment beyond the obvious observations from the photo. :ksc75smile:
upload_2019-10-8_16-27-13.gif

Oct 8, 2019 at 7:20 AM Post #2,036 of 8,191
I laughed so hard on that scene and I use that line as a joke every time I get the chance, just like you have here but I use it in real life. LOL. How about going to local headphone shop and buying a Cayin N8 with a pile of IOUs. LOL

Oct 9, 2019 at 3:42 AM Post #2,037 of 8,191
Hello, guys ~!

We've seen you discussing our next audio motherboard, we are grateful for all your passion and supports to our products.

LoneRanger had posted content from a "tweet" from our vice-general manager's Weibo, with Google translate. The "tweet" was originally published on Sept. 27th on Weibo.
(https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cay...rized-smart-dap.904153/page-133#post-15222032)

We have translated the article below, it should provide a better reading experience than Google Translate :)

----------------------------------------------

After N6ii’s second audio motherboard T01 was on sale (actually even before it), many fans were already asking us about the configuration and release date of the next audio motherboard. Because of the obstacles during the development, confidentiality (the product hadn’t been finalized yet), but also there is the itch in my heart to share with you all. I was suffering unspeakably.

Now it is certain that the next audio motherboard has been fully designed, developed and through various tests, the model is called E01. But one thing to point out that, this audio motherboard is not suitable for all users. Comparing with T01, it generates more heat and has less battery life (continuous usage without charge). Furthermore, it only has a single-ended phone output connector. No balanced, no balanced, no balanced!

Nonetheless, the listening performance of E01 is beyond comparison. We once again achieved new breakthroughs. If we explain that, parts of N8’s technology has been delegated to A01, T01 stands for the technical representation of parts of N6 (the first generation) and its official modified version, then the E01 is a completely new hardware design and application.

The national day holiday is right away, according to the stock process of our production materials, the trial production of E01 is estimated to be in late October, then the quantity production would start at mid-to-late November. The ideal on-sale date would be on early-to-mid December. This is also the last product of Cayin’s portable product line in 2019.

This is not a “headline feature article” before it launches, please stay tuned for more detailed information. After all, the design has just been finalized. From now to the official launch, Cayin’s official Weibo (and Facebook) will be publishing information of E01 Audio Motherboard.

A few more words, E01 is suitable for those audiophiles who pursue the purest sound performance. If you are the ones who can adapt the heat and shorter battery life it has (actually these aren’t as worse as you might be thinking, comparing to T01, the thermal and battery differences are mild. They are more distinct when comparing to A01). (If you could adopt it,) then E01 has a warm yet transparent timbre, it is smooth and clearly linear. Please stay tuned.

So that’s about it, no matter what, we’ll see when it goes on sale!

----------------------------------------------------

The above is directly translated from Weibo.

We are considering to translate more content, in order to let you know more about Cayin and our products.

Thank you again for supporting us!

Best regards,

Cayin

Last edited:

Oct 9, 2019 at 7:51 AM Post #2,039 of 8,191
This is very exciting, already so pleased with N6ii/A01... I look forward to E01, I know what I want for xMas :D

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2019 at 8:35 AM Post #2,040 of 8,191
Nutube, Nutube, Nutube :L3000::L3000::L3000:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back