Cayin N6ii, Unlimited Possibilities: a fully modularized smart DAP
Oct 12, 2019 at 8:30 AM Post #2,071 of 8,192
Did that work well or it wasnt perfect so you tried something else ? I only play music from my physical collection that I put in my SD card. I never tried the wifi etc except to use various music players online.

Nope, the thing is a dud. A £1150 device should just work- and yes, that includes wifi,bluetooth and any other component.
Not to mention that I have Tidal Hifi/Amazon Music HD.

I will most likely be asking for a refund.

Oct 12, 2019 at 8:37 AM Post #2,072 of 8,192
Nope, the thing is a dud. A £1150 device should just work- and yes, that includes wifi,bluetooth and any other component.

If you are not happy, yeah return it and find happiness elsewhere.

Oct 12, 2019 at 8:37 AM Post #2,073 of 8,192

Hang on, if you got a defective unit, why don't you ask Phil for replacement? I mean, sh!t happens. In the last 3 months I got 2 review units (other daps) that got damaged during shipment.

Yes, it sucks that it's not working, but I assume you did you homework to pick N6ii out of other daps, you got a defective unit, so why not ask for a replacement?

Oct 12, 2019 at 8:59 AM Post #2,074 of 8,192
Hang on, if you got a defective unit, why don't you ask Phil for replacement? I mean, sh!t happens. In the last 3 months I got 2 review units (other daps) that got damaged during shipment.

Yes, it sucks that it's not working, but I assume you did you homework to pick N6ii out of other daps, you got a defective unit, so why not ask for a replacement?

Very true- already spoken to Phil about it.
My unit has custom branding and has both motherboards in a bundle.

Getting a like for like replacement would mean placing a new order with Cayin. I only posted on here to express my disappointment that even a made to order unit wasn’t tested for defects.

Oct 12, 2019 at 11:01 AM Post #2,078 of 8,192
If you buy any >1000$ daps in the future send it to me. I’ll test it for you for free:wink:

It might be a good idea to suggest this to Cayin too :D

Oct 12, 2019 at 12:09 PM Post #2,079 of 8,192
Very true- already spoken to Phil about it.
My unit has custom branding and has both motherboards in a bundle.

Getting a like for like replacement would mean placing a new order with Cayin. I only posted on here to express my disappointment that even a made to order unit wasn’t tested for defects.

What is the custom branding? I didn't realise they offered that service. I'm sure it will be an easy fix for Cayin and keep the branding but shipping could take a while.

I repair/upgrade daps in the UK, If Cayin authorised I would fix this for free or if the branding is just case cosmetics I could swap the case with another unit from your dealer if they preferred. I doubt they would go for any of that though and just want it returing to china for repair.

Oct 12, 2019 at 12:48 PM Post #2,080 of 8,192
What is the custom branding? I didn't realise they offered that service. I'm sure it will be an easy fix for Cayin and keep the branding but shipping could take a while.

I repair/upgrade daps in the UK, If Cayin authorised I would fix this for free or if the branding is just case cosmetics I could swap the case with another unit from your dealer if they preferred. I doubt they would go for any of that though and just want it returing to china for repair.

Thanks for offering- let’s see what Cayin’s say but I’m definitely not sending it back to the other side of the world.
The custom bit is what it says on the case.

Oct 13, 2019 at 8:06 AM Post #2,081 of 8,192
I have been eyeing this dap since release and finally got my act together and bought it. And no regret here :)

I am still in the early toy syndrome/honeymoon period but I am thoroughly enjoying it. Had a 2 hour listening yesterday with my Aeon Open. And the N6ii drove them very very well, a lot better than I expected. Today I have mostly used my D9200 and not surprisingly it's a superb pairing. That said, for sound quality alone I am not sure it's a huge step up compared to my DX158 (just my subjective opinion) but a small noticeable upgrade is also more than enough!

Battery life is excellent. I seem to be getting the advertised 13-14 hours in SE and a bit less in balanced. With the DX158 I get about 4-5 hours and 5 hours is on a good day with sunshine and tail wind :)

One small thing I have to get used to is the plugs placed on top instead of the bottom. Last time I had this was with my HTC10 smartphone several years ago. I don't think I have tried it with any dap.

Oct 13, 2019 at 12:26 PM Post #2,082 of 8,192
Recently got an r6 Pro, a few things niggle me and looking into an alternative now.

I use my own material but also download from amazon HD to listen offline. With no Google play, can I side load amazon apk with no issues?

DX220 would be my other alternative but having had DX200 before I'm looking for something different, 200 didn't satisfy 100% for long term.

Are there any issues with an imported unit? I. E, built in apps reading in Chinese etc only?

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2019 at 12:29 PM Post #2,083 of 8,192
Recently got an r6 Pro, a few things niggle me and looking into an alternative now.

I use my own material but also download from amazon HD to listen offline. With no Google play, can I side load amazon apk with no issues?

DX220 would be my other alternative but having had DX200 before I'm looking for something different, 200 didn't satisfy 100% for long term.
Oh boy the N6II is better.

Oct 13, 2019 at 12:56 PM Post #2,084 of 8,192
The n6ii is definitely better than the dx220

Users who are viewing this thread

Back