Cayin N6ii, Unlimited Possibilities: a fully modularized smart DAP
Jun 11, 2019 at 11:46 PM Post #796 of 8,188
Actually yeah, I bought the N5II when it came out, and it was the worst device I ever had - super laggy. It stuttered, was slow, produced static noises etc. I returned it. I hope N6II is not like that!

N6ii is very smooth...but about "Cayin's blatant abandonment of their past products & clientele" .... i thinks its true!

Jun 11, 2019 at 11:47 PM Post #797 of 8,188
I am noticing the N6II pairs very well wilth more neutral iems/headphones. This kind of headphone really helps me hear the magic this dap has.

Jun 12, 2019 at 2:33 AM Post #798 of 8,188
Got my hands on the N6II.

Does anyone notice a hiss (somewhat like a slight background noise) on streaming services like Tidal + Qobuz?

When stopping / pausing a track the hissing will persist for perhaps 2 seconds and then disappear.

Other than that, all seems great so far.

Listening on it via a Fearless S8F, balanced.

Jun 12, 2019 at 2:34 AM Post #799 of 8,188

Does anyone notice a hiss (somewhat like a slight background noise) on streaming services like Tidal + Qobuz?

When stopping / pausing a track the hissing will persist for perhaps 2 seconds and then disappear.

On SE you hear it ?

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2019 at 2:48 AM Post #800 of 8,188
Jun 12, 2019 at 4:04 AM Post #801 of 8,188
On SE i don't seem to hear it.

( Via my UERR CIEMs )

On the balanced out, there seems to be electrical interference, much akin to that of a noisy USB port.

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2019 at 4:08 AM Post #802 of 8,188
On SE i don't seem to hear it.

( Via my UERR CIEMs )
Crappy BA drivers cant take the MW from 4.4 balance. Lower the gain for those little metal boxes.

Jun 12, 2019 at 4:31 AM Post #803 of 8,188
Crappy BA drivers cant take the MW from 4.4 balance. Lower the gain for those little metal boxes.

Switched to low gain but am still hearing the noise, but the SQ is glorious!

Jun 12, 2019 at 4:41 AM Post #804 of 8,188
Switched to low gain but am still hearing the noise, but the SQ is glorious!
With my headphones Im not getting hiss, but friends with BA iems are hearing hiss from various daps.

Jun 12, 2019 at 5:34 AM Post #805 of 8,188
With my headphones Im not getting hiss, but friends with BA iems are hearing hiss from various daps.

That has nothing to do with BA or not BA. It just happens that many multi BA earphones are (1) high sensitivity and (2) relatively low impedance. That combination is more prone to reveal the noise floor from source devices.

Jun 12, 2019 at 5:38 AM Post #806 of 8,188
That has nothing to do with BA or not BA. It just happens that many multi BA earphones are (1) high sensitivity and (2) relatively low impedance. That combination is more prone to reveal the noise floor from source devices.
Nothing to do with BA iems ? But just many BA iems are sensitive hence are more prone to noise/hiss ? So its common for many BA iems to hiss. Thanks for your insight.

Jun 12, 2019 at 5:47 AM Post #807 of 8,188
Nothing to do with BA iems ? But just many BA iems are sensitive hence are more prone to noise/hiss ? So its common for many BA iems to hiss. Thanks for your insight.

It's hard for me to tell if you're being sarcastic or not but yes, that's correct. A sensitive low impedance moving coil IEM would have the same outcome.

Jun 12, 2019 at 5:52 AM Post #808 of 8,188
Guys, I also remembered that the N5ii was out of sync in videos (due to its design) when used as a DAC with PC, does the N6ii have that as well?

Jun 12, 2019 at 5:54 AM Post #809 of 8,188
It's hard for me to tell if you're being sarcastic or not but yes, that's correct. A sensitive low impedance moving coil IEM would have the same outcome.
Which dynamic driver iem have you used that hissed from your dap ?

Jun 12, 2019 at 6:57 AM Post #810 of 8,188

Do you hear it when not streaming, with wifi off and playing tracks from internal storage? And when streaming, do you have your phone or laptop right next to it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back