Cayin N6ii, Unlimited Possibilities: a fully modularized smart DAP
Jun 11, 2019 at 8:49 AM Post #766 of 8,192
I'm a bit disappointed to hear that actually as I was almost ready to buy the N6II. Now I'm not sure. To me soundstage is one of the most important aspects in a DAP. Can somebody speak up on this? Should we prefer DAPs with wider soundstage?
I think you would be very happy with the N6ii. Sound stage wise it is very good. I prefer the tonality of the N6ii over the DX220 even when the DX220 is paired with the AMP8. I don't think you would be disappointed at all with the N6ii.

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2019 at 10:24 AM Post #767 of 8,192
I'm currently awaiting my N6ii ! I know remote control functionality is supposed to be available through the hiby music app but having never used it, does it operate in the same way as AK Connect? By that I mean as DLNA/UPnP server or renderer, using my iphone as a remote control to select source and output eg Source = Tidal->Output = N6ii?

Anyone able to answer this one yet?

Jun 11, 2019 at 10:30 AM Post #769 of 8,192
It works a little differently. You install the Hiby app on your phone and turn on the server functionality in the Hiby / Cayin app on the N6ii. The two connect through Bluetooth.

Perfect, thanks for that; much appreciated.

Jun 11, 2019 at 11:20 AM Post #771 of 8,192
Yes, makes me wonder if it's app related? I only downloaded AnTuTu benchmark 3D app, nothing else for now. I do close all the apps periodically (swipe up to see the list). Under those conditions, I noticed I can come back a few hours later to see only 1% battery drop. For test purpose, maybe remove the app, do a fresh start with a factory reset, and check the battery performance. Then, install the app again to see if anything changed.

So I did a factory reset, checked to make sure no apps were on in the background and left my N6II in standby mode overnight. At 11 PM last night the unit had 75% battery life, at 11 AM this morning it is reporting 55% battery life.

So basically it is losing 20% of the charge in 12 hours without any use. That seems odd to me and given the factory reset I think that points to maybe a bad battery on this unit.

Could @jerick70, @aaf evo, @jmills8 or @twister6 give me a sanity check to confirm you guys aren't loosing 20% of battery in standby mode per 12 hour period?

@Andykong, does Cayin have any recommendations on this besides returning my N6II for another one?

Jun 11, 2019 at 11:36 AM Post #774 of 8,192
So I did a factory reset, checked to make sure no apps were on in the background and left my N6II in standby mode overnight. At 11 PM last night the unit had 75% battery life, at 11 AM this morning it is reporting 55% battery life.

So basically it is losing 20% of the charge in 12 hours without any use. That seems odd to me and given the factory reset I think that points to maybe a bad battery on this unit.

Could @jerick70, @aaf evo, @jmills8 or @twister6 give me a sanity check to confirm you guys aren't loosing 20% of battery in standby mode per 12 hour period?

@Andykong, does Cayin have any recommendations on this besides returning my N6II for another one?
Did you have the same similar issues with other daps ?

Jun 11, 2019 at 12:14 PM Post #777 of 8,192
Not at the rate of losing 20% of charge in 12 hours with no use. How fast is your unit draining?
I dont leave my daps on stand by over night. I have used it two days with no charging.

Jun 11, 2019 at 12:16 PM Post #778 of 8,192
@AEIOU9 I can confirm the standby battery drain while just leaving then dap on is rather quick. I left mine on yesterday with nothing playing but with WiFi active and I lost about 10-15% or so in 2 hours.

I think it may have had something to do with the WiFi being on.

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2019 at 12:27 PM Post #779 of 8,192
a little background on Android...

Notorious for memory leaks if not optimized properly. those memory leaks cause un necessary battery drain. do I know for certain that is the issue with the N6ii? No I don't, but I have past experience compiling Android ROMs and had to constantly chase memory leaks. small API changes on Androids part makes for a ROM builders new headache.

if it is a memory leak any competent software engineer can figure it out and make it better.

Jun 11, 2019 at 1:13 PM Post #780 of 8,192
@AEIOU9 I can confirm the standby battery drain while just leaving then dap on is rather quick. I left mine on yesterday with nothing playing but with WiFi active and I lost about 10-15% or so in 2 hours.

I think it may have had something to do with the WiFi being on.

Just realized that I did all my standby tests with wifi off. Will run it overnight again with wifi enabled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back